PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing epg

drx360
07-04-13, 13:27
Hi guys, about 2 months ago i bought a single from sponsor for my dad, installed and set it all up, seemed all to go ok, but hes been phoning me saying his epg keeps disappearing ive been round a few times and it is missing, until i re down load it then its fine, but seems as soon as box is powered off it losses the epg again, any thoughts or ideas?

its running latest vix build, and epg is stored on usb which i have swapped for another but still no change

update of epg is set to 6pm so box is powerd on when it does try to update.

judge
07-04-13, 13:29
How is he powering down the box? also 'latest vix build' really means nothing, please state the build number.

drx360
07-04-13, 13:30
from the mains judge and its on v.3.0 build 632

Larry-G
07-04-13, 13:36
is he just switching it off at the mains or powering it down properly first by placing it in deep sleep ?

remember that EPG data is held in live memory so any abrupt power loss will also mean the loss of that cached data as it cant then be written to it's storage device.

markus625
07-04-13, 13:39
Im on 645 for the duo and ive noticed on two occasions after unplugging the duo from the mains supply over night that the sky data is missing but have all the data for the freeview channels, this morning i tested all the shutdown options including powering down by remote, restarting engima, restarting box and switching off at mains.

On two occasions today the sky data was wipped when powering down at the mains but i havent been able to replicate the issue again today.

My data is going to media/hdd.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 13:42
personally the very first thing i always do after powering up a receiver that has been disconnected for any length of time is to re-download the EPG in full by hitting the Blue button - download epg ( or what ever it's called ). for my boxes that are just placed in standby there is never a issue.

judge
07-04-13, 13:44
from the mains judge and its on v.3.0 build 632

as pheonix says, it could easily be shutting down from the mains that's the problem...
also, the reason I say 'latest vix build' really means nothing... build 632 isn't the latest build.
it probably makes no difference to this issue, but build 643 is currently available on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/ & build 647 is available via an online update, so stating the exact build number is a lot more helpful when reporting any issues.

drx360
07-04-13, 13:55
ive phoned him and asked him to try power down via power button on controller so see if that helps, waiting to hear back

markus625
07-04-13, 13:57
The issue has only been a problem for me since i think image 643 and im now on 645 with the same problem, I did think it was something to do with crossepg or the opentv providers but maybe its something else thats causing the issue.

Ive always turned the box off at the wall over night and this has only been a problem in the last week as ive had my duo for over a year now with no problems at all.

chaser
07-04-13, 14:10
Also, be aware that there was an issue with EPG on build 643...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27654-EPG-not-saving-v643

marty
08-04-13, 03:17
Why power down? why not just go to standby? :confused:

drx360
09-04-13, 10:06
because he likes to turn everything off, save power etc..

Slammed Mind
09-04-13, 11:33
I have the exact same problem mate,

As soon as I knock the power off I lose my EPG

I have the exact same configuration on my DUO and SOLO that I have on my TM Single but the TM Single is the only box that loses the EPG when powered off

judge
09-04-13, 11:48

its a computer he's powering down, anything held in live memory will be lost this way.

redrobin
09-04-13, 13:17
Couldn't there be an additional option to 'Shutdown' which saves the cached epg to hard disk

drx360
09-04-13, 13:39
iam pretty sure my own 2mt2 does not suffer from this.

abu baniaz
09-04-13, 13:42
Don't know if this is the proper way of doing things. I normally save the epg to HDD after downloading it.

Menu > System > EPG > Load/Save > Save epg

This saves the cached epg to the hdd so that on reboot it loads it. I have aslo enabled Download on tune in the cross epg setup section.

Larry-G
09-04-13, 15:27
Couldn't there be an additional option to 'Shutdown' which saves the cached epg to hard disk

If you shut the box down properly it will save the EPG's cached data to the relevant storage device, if you abruptly cut power, like a PC any cached data will be lost.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

redrobin
09-04-13, 18:40
If you shut the box down properly it will save the EPG's cached data to the relevant storage device, if you abruptly cut power, like a PC any cached data will be lost.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

How do you shut down properly, there doesn't seem to be an option on the menu, just Standby and Deep Standby

Larry-G
09-04-13, 19:01
Deep standby then power down from the mains should suffice.

marty
10-04-13, 06:19

Scottish? :D

1W Standby power consumption option

Slammed Mind
11-04-13, 01:06
I alway shut down my Tm Single down properly by pressing the power button on the remote control, it still wont save the EPG

I have the EPG stored in /media/usb

Exact same configuration on my Solo and Duo but they save/load the EPG fine