PDA

View Full Version : ext. HDD recording

xaxaxa
07-04-13, 11:31
Hi, what format should I use for USB stick/HDD for fluent recording? NTFS makes problems for HD programs recording (not fluent after 30 sec.).
FAT32 id OK both with SD, anfd HD recording, BUT onlyup to 4096MB, why? Why i cannot record over 4GB? It stops automatically because of full space, but there is still 10GB free space. What Im doing wrong?
Thank you.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 11:41
Fat 32 has a 4GB file size limit, try formatting the device from within the image ( initialize it ) so that it is in a linux format ext 3 / 4 for best results.

xaxaxa
07-04-13, 11:59
Fat 32 has a 4GB file size limit, try formatting the device from within the image ( initialize it ) so that it is in a linux format ext 3 / 4 for best results.
Sure. Can you advise me how I can then open the HDD formated to ext3 in win7 so that I can copy from and to such HDD from PC?
My plan was to use HDD both for recording and playnf my own movies. I just cannot copy movies to ext3 formatted hdd.
I hoped I can use simle NTFS, but STB cannot record fluently on HDD formated to NTSF.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 12:02
Take a look at this tutorial, this should give you what you need.

How to Access Linux Partitions (ext2, ext3, ext4) From Windows. Click here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22172-How-to-Access-Linux-Partitions-(ext2-ext3-ext4)-From-Windows&highlight=How+Access+Linux+Partitions)