PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VIX image 3.0 Build 339 Issues

Newbie2
07-04-13, 09:51
Hi

Im having a few issues with Vix at present, a summary is below. Still a mega Newbie so if any advise it would be much appreicated

All Plugins say feeds are unstable, I have set up to allow unstable feed but still have plugin in issues.

Plugin issues are - I download a plugin but it never appears on the plug in list
I then try the old way of installing the .IPK file which installs but agian in never appears anywhere

Crossepg randomly dissapears and I have to rebuild the EPG even though it is set up to run every 24 hours

I cannot install any autobouquet maker as if I do it freezes the software and it reflash and re scan everything.

I have reflashed a few versions of software but prior to these have never done a factory reset. Woudl it be advisable to do a factory reset and reflash from scratch.

Thanks

BubbleBalls
07-04-13, 09:56
339 is an old image. Update to the latest one and try again. 647 is the latest (unstable)

Tapatalker

Larry-G
07-04-13, 10:03
All Plugins say feeds are unstable, I have set up to allow unstable feed but still have plugin in issues.

The feeds are ALWAYS set to unstable when ever a new build is uploaded to the server, this is purely a precaution. you can still use the feeds by setting the enable unstable ( untested ) updates option to yes.

Plugin issues are - I download a plugin but it never appears on the plug in list
I then try the old way of installing the .IPK file which installs but agian in never appears anywhere

Not all plugins will show in the Plugins list some will be shown under Menu> Setup> System. Each plugin is different so maybe say which plugin your having issues with.

Crossepg randomly dissapears and I have to rebuild the EPG even though it is set up to run every 24 hours

we have recently made some quite signifigant changes to the EPG within the ViX images but in order to use them you would need to update the image as we cant patch older builds with fixes, they do however get included in the new builds as and when they are released.

I cannot install any autobouquet maker as if I do it freezes the software and it reflash and re scan everything.

ABM or AutoBouquetsMaker is included in the Image by default, you dont have to install it, as above try a newer build as rite now your image ( build 339 ) is OVER 300 builds out of date.

I have reflashed a few versions of software but prior to these have never done a factory reset. Would it be advisable to do a factory reset and reflash from scratch.

A factory reset is not required as the process of flashing a image first erases the existing one from the receiver before flashing the new one. I have flashed my various receivers several thousand times ( no exaggeration ) and not once needed a factory reset.

Newbie2
07-04-13, 12:20
Phoenix

That is a wonderful and very very helpful reply, thank you for the effort in posting.

Bubbleballs. Thanks, I must be stupid as I just went to the OE 3.0 thread and went to the last page. I will track down version 647, again appreciate the reply.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 12:29
Phoenix

That is a wonderful and very very helpful reply, thank you for the effort in posting.

Bubbleballs. Thanks, I must be stupid as I just went to the OE 3.0 thread and went to the last page. I will track down version 647, again appreciate the reply.

you can download all the latest Stable images from www.openvix.co.uk once you have the latest stable image flashed to the receiver you can use the online update option to update to the latest unstable image which is currently 647.

BubbleBalls
07-04-13, 23:05
Phoenix

Not stupid at all. I am still a newbie after a year of using the boxes. I learn every time I log into this forum - it's brilliant. I have gotten huge support on this site and try to pass what little I know onwards. Trust me, I know very, very little.

The guys on this forum, like phoenix, have a huge knowledge base and, as you have seen, will help in great detail.

I've never been afraid to post queries here.

Tapatalker

Newbie2
08-04-13, 20:15
Cheers guys

All updated to 647, got all Boquests working and EPG look to be performing as expected.
Great additions as well with on demand.

Once again appreciate the support

Larry-G
08-04-13, 20:17
Not stupid at all. I am still a newbie after a year of using the boxes. I learn every time I log into this forum - it's brilliant. I have gotten huge support on this site and try to pass what little I know onwards. Trust me, I know very, very little.

The guys on this forum, like phoenix, have a huge knowledge base and, as you have seen, will help in great detail.

I've never been afraid to post queries here.

Tapatalker

we were all newbies once mate and some of us still are. I have been a sat nut for over 20 plus years and i'm still learning something new almost every day. The main thing here is we are here to help and will help where ever and when ever possible.