PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] ET9000 cannot boot probably due to full HDD

pantelei
06-04-13, 02:21
hi Guys,

I'd like to ask some help.
It seems that probably due to full HDD now my ET9000 cannot start.
When I switch it on the blue LED that surrounds the central switch would blink few times (probably 5 times) and the "ET9x00" will be lit up on the display of the device, but that's all that happens.
After few minutes I'll be able to reach the hard disk via the network (from win 7) or via ftp.
I've managed to delete many big files or move them to the PC, so the HDD now should be fine, but the receiver will still not start.
I'm not a linux expert :confused: (I've played with the idea of having linux on my pc and installed it many times on my pc, but that was like 15 years ago...), so please speak English ;) when you advise...
My ideas and memories about linux are very basic...

Thanks a lot. :)
Zoltan
BTW here is the latest crash log:

Larry-G
06-04-13, 05:41
The Hard drive filling up would not affect the receiver in this way except for when the receiver tried to do a check disk at bootup, more likely is that it's your internal flash thats full or there about. do you have you EPG saved to the flash or a lot of plugins installed to the receiver ??.

pantelei
06-04-13, 09:52
Thanks for quick reply Phoenix!
I think there are quite a few plugins installed.
I've got a BouquetEditorSuite editor file saved from half a year ago, I guess I could use that as a backup for the EPG

Larry-G
06-04-13, 16:41
Thanks for quick reply Phoenix!
I think there are quite a few plugins installed.
I've got a BouquetEditorSuite editor file saved from half a year ago, I guess I could use that as a backup for the EPG

As you still have FTP access look on the flash to see what if any thing you can remove safely. If your not confident doing that just reflash the receiver ( backup any vital files first via FTP ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pantelei
08-04-13, 22:42
Thanks for your advice!
I think I've saved/copied everything that I could... the only problem I would not know which files would I need to copy back to the device after reflashing it...
The last version I had was ViX-2.4.151 (or at least this version was on my memory stock, so I guess this is what I last updated... :D
I've now downloaded openvix 3.0.649, do you think I'd have to worry about the bootloader, too?
I don't want to brick it... :confused:
Is there any way I could find out the bootloader version from the files on the ET9000?

I've found a file "et9000-enigma2settingsbackup.tar" with a size 85GB in Harddisk>backup... Is this enormous size normal?
It's from 24 Jun 2012. There is another file from two days before that and it's size if 896MB, there are some more settingbackup files, some 264KB, others 20-30MB...

There is also a PLI-autobackup size:244KB.
I'm just surprised by the variation of sizes of these otherwise similarly named setting backup files...
Thanks.

Larry-G
08-04-13, 22:46
i'm not really sure to be honest as i have never used a Xtrend receiver so i dont tend to keep as upto date with progress for them as i would say Vu or TM receivers.

twol
09-04-13, 06:21
Thanks for your advice!
I think I've saved/copied everything that I could... the only problem I would not know which files would I need to copy back to the device after reflashing it...
The last version I had was ViX-2.4.151 (or at least this version was on my memory stock, so I guess this is what I last updated... :D
I've now downloaded openvix 3.0.649, do you think I'd have to worry about the bootloader, too?
I don't want to brick it... :confused:
Is there any way I could find out the bootloader version from the files on the ET9000?

I've found a file "et9000-enigma2settingsbackup.tar" with a size 85GB in Harddisk>backup... Is this enormous size normal?
It's from 24 Jun 2012. There is another file from two days before that and it's size if 896MB, there are some more settingbackup files, some 264KB, others 20-30MB...

There is also a PLI-autobackup size:244KB.
I'm just surprised by the variation of sizes of these otherwise similarly named setting backup files...
Thanks.
As far as I remember, you cannot use 2.4 settings backup to restore to a 3.0 image.
Also the current bootloader for each receiver are on the download images page, and it is a simple process just like flashing an image to reload the bootloader... So I would do that:)

pantelei
20-04-13, 11:42
I've re-flashed the bootloader then the image with the latest from openvix.co.uk: bootloader 2.3 from 2011 09 30 and image openvix 3.0.649
Instead of black screen now I got blue screen, but otherwise no success.
Then I removed the card, cardreader, unplugged the HDD and repeated the above.
Still only blue screen when booting...

Another change is that before I've done the above it was simply showing ET9000 on the front display, now it is showing "booting..."

From ETCC Telnet I've run "init 4 && enigma2" and here is the result:
version: 3.0
build: 649
machine: et9x00
drivers: 20121215
PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
+ (1) Background File Eraser
+ (5) Tuxtxt
+ (8) graphics acceleration manager
/dev/fb0: No such file or directory
+ (9) GFBDC
framebuffer not available.
FATAL: no framebuffer available
Segmentation fault

twol
20-04-13, 16:00
I've re-flashed the bootloader then the image with the latest from openvix.co.uk: bootloader 2.3 from 2011 09 30 and image openvix 3.0.649
Instead of black screen now I got blue screen, but otherwise no success.
Then I removed the card, cardreader, unplugged the HDD and repeated the above.
Still only blue screen when booting...

Another change is that before I've done the above it was simply showing ET9000 on the front display, now it is showing "booting..."

From ETCC Telnet I've run "init 4 && enigma2" and here is the result:
version: 3.0
build: 649
machine: et9x00
drivers: 20121215
PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
+ (1) Background File Eraser
+ (5) Tuxtxt
+ (8) graphics acceleration manager
+ (9) GFBDC
framebuffer not available.
FATAL: no framebuffer available
Segmentation fault
I would flash the bootloader from this site as I know from my ET9200 that my bootloader was from 2012 and I think the bootloader on this site is May 2012.

twol
20-04-13, 16:51
Just looked at the bootloader and you have the latest......apologies:)
I assume that you have also removed any usb stick?

pantelei
20-04-13, 17:57
Yes, I've removed the memory stick that contained the image.
The only difference is that now there is a blue screen instead of black and it doesn't anymore say booting, instead it just shows its title"et9000" on the display of the device...

Well, unfortunately there is one more think that was inevitable with the re-flashing... now I have no access through the network....
It is quite bad as we were using it also as a network folder for some business files... e.g book keeping and VAt deadline is coming soon... so it would be great to at least somehow connect it to the network...:confused:
I guess it'll be easier to remove the drive and insert it into my PC...

pantelei
20-04-13, 18:18
booking file problem solved... I can access the files via ftp:)

pantelei
20-04-13, 18:23
I'm just wondering why do I receive these error messages from ETCC every few minutes:

Socket Error #10054
Connection reset by peer.

Might it be normal or may it indicate what's the issue with the device? :confused:

pantelei
20-04-13, 18:37
O.K., it might sound strange and I do admit that I know very little about linux, but if the above error message says /dev/fb0: No such file or directory framebuffer not available. then couldn't I simply create the necessary folder and copy there the missing files manually?

pantelei
22-04-13, 23:54
Stef from the shop world-of-satellite advised me that unfortunately it will be not economical to repair it...
I guess I'll have to buy a new one...something similar.

This was the shortest lived set-top-box I've ever had... I remember, the first STB worked for like 5-6 years (purchased in 1992) and we only replaced it because it was analogue and then came the digital era...then I had to test something and I switched it on some 5 years later and it was still working. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still working after so many years.