PDA

View Full Version : stream vu to pc

jcl
02-10-10, 13:12
Hi Guys
anybody managed to get this working?
I have latest vix image installed.vlc is installed on my laptop v1.1.4.
I can open webx download file then open but picture in vlc crashes after a couple of seconds.
Do I need to configure something in the webinterface and vlc plugins to make it work?

Thanks
Regards
jcl

satmanbasil
02-10-10, 14:55
Hi mate

Working here just fine....

I use mozilla fox this inturn opens up the vlc player when viewing a channel SD is very stable HD can be a little pixel at times but that can be sorted with the right graphics card

regards
satmanbasil

grtmoby
02-10-10, 15:04
are u trying to stream hd or sd channels
how is ur laptop connected, if wireless this might be the reason, the process is very easy on itself.

jcl
02-10-10, 17:04
SD channels
Also just installed firefox and still crashing when vlc is open (plays for about 2mins)
thanks
jcl

zappahey
02-10-10, 17:29
Which version of VLC are you on? I had trouble with 1.1.3 but an update sorted it out.

grtmoby
02-10-10, 17:37
well as long as ur bandwidth is good the process should be pretty easy.

open the webinterface click on the right most icon (pc) for the channel u want to view and it should pop up vlc and play it. disconnections are related to bandwidth limitations and as i said earlier, if u r on wireless u may suffer this even more.

jcl
02-10-10, 17:37
vlc 1.1.4
Thanks
jcl

jcl
02-10-10, 17:52
well as long as ur bandwidth is good the process should be pretty easy.

open the webinterface click on the right most icon (pc) for the channel u want to view and it should pop up vlc and play it. disconnections are related to bandwidth limitations and as i said earlier, if u r on wireless u may suffer this even more.

Thanks grtmoby
What and how would need to configure in my dlink dsl 2640r QOS settings
Voip sp
H323
Ftp

Regards
jcl