PDA

View Full Version : connectors for internal hard drive vu duo

deckymckeown
04-04-13, 14:19
Folks, a quick question, and hopefully someone will have a quick answer for me....

Im setting up a new vu duo for a mate. He has given me over an old 250gb hard drive from a pc. Ive just opened the duo and noticed that the power and connector cable (which is the red lead inside?) do not fit the hard drive.

I installed an internal hard drive at my own house years ago, but i cant get at it now to as it is in built in a display cabinet, so i cant have a look inside it. I could be wrong, but i think i used a similar 3.5 hdd in my own.
al
So my question is, can i buy a connector to use with this hard drive? it has a 4 pin power adapter, then a 4 pin section with a jumper, and a large serial port.

Its a seagate 250gb and at the bottom it refers to connection with an Ultra ATA cable if this helps - i can also upload a photo if that makes it easier too

Thanks in advance

l0gic
04-04-13, 14:27
I'm guessing you have an older PATA drive (parallel ATA) in your hand.
You need a SATA drive for the Vu.

You need a newer SATA drive to be able to fit it in.

deckymckeown
04-04-13, 14:30
I'm guessing you have an older PATA drive (parallel ATA) in your hand.
You need a SATA drive for the Vu.

You need a newer SATA drive to be able to fit it in.

cheers for reply buddy...... and im guessing theres no connectors that can be bought?

ronand
04-04-13, 14:30
Yes its an old IDE drive and cannot be used. Even if you could its probably too old to be reliable.

deckymckeown
04-04-13, 14:35
Yes its an old IDE drive and cannot be used. Even if you could its probably too old to be reliable.

cheers to you both for your replies....