PDA

View Full Version : Vu faulty

mmcmedia
02-10-10, 12:57
Right posted on here a few times about having problems flashing & restarting my vu box and there are a few other thread about this subject
Anyway my supplier told me to send mine back for evaluation so i done a factory reset before trying to reflash my box with original image but yet again it wouldnt take the flash for love nor money anyway made sure there was no bouquets or anything in cccam before sending it back
Supplier phoned me today to ask me what was wrong as he was the engineer so i told him would not restart from within menu starts ok from epg update but if you restart any other way problems problems
turned out the box is faulty wont flash from front usb for them either and something else wasnt right either
Dont know if this will help anyone else

satmanbasil
02-10-10, 15:15
Hi mate

What image did the box have installed and you didnt mention did you try the null modem cable method to install the image.
When you tryed loading from the usb stick watching the front panel did you see it reading ..erase the flash and programming before it asked you to reboot switch off from the rear and remove stick?.

regards
satmanbasil

Hakon
02-10-10, 16:12
I have also returned my Vu+ Duo as it was not possible to boot from Deepstandby with the remote.I must then shut the power off for 4-5 min before it would boot. Same senario when i have to shut it off with the mainswitch at the back, wait 4-5 min before boot.But i was able to reflash mine, with nullmodem or USB.Also it happens very offen that the box boot ok, but still stands "Starting" in the display and the box don't respond on remote, power off for 4-5 min then a new boot. Im not a newbie ,had Dreambox for many years. All i can do now is wait and see.

Sicilian
02-10-10, 16:35
I have also returned my Vu+ Duo as it was not possible to boot from Deepstandby with the remote.I must then shut the power off for 4-5 min before it would boot. Same senario when i have to shut it off with the mainswitch at the back, wait 4-5 min before boot.But i was able to reflash mine, with nullmodem or USB.Also it happens very offen that the box boot ok, but still stands "Starting" in the display and the box don't respond on remote, power off for 4-5 min then a new boot. Im not a newbie ,had Dreambox for many years. All i can do now is wait and see.

After going into deep standby with mine, I wait to wait a couple of mins before powering backup with remote, just the way the receiver is. All the ones I tested do the same. You cant go into deep standby and power backup straight away.

Hakon
02-10-10, 17:41
After going into deep standby with mine, I wait to wait a couple of mins before powering backup with remote, just the way the receiver is. All the ones I tested do the same. You cant go into deep standby and power backup straight away.

Yes when the box was brand new it worked, same image in flash. Something goes "overheated", if i cool down the CPU with a "coolingspray" (for electronic) it also works to boot.
Notable is that the black plastic (right obove the powerunit) on the inside of the cover has melted and falled off.So my guess is something is wrong(overheat) with the powerboard or CPU,i have not a HDD in the box.....luckely.Its not normal that the box must cool down for 4-5 min before reboot.
One more thing when the box is set to deepstandby with remote the powerconsumption is 4W,when i push the power button on remote it rise to 22W .The power goes on but will not boot.

mmcmedia
02-10-10, 18:43
iam just wondering if there may be a faulty batch ??

mmcmedia
02-10-10, 18:45
i had vti image on the box and yes it flashed via rs232 but the only time theres a problem rebooting is from within the menu would reboot fine with satmate epg but caused a crash log every day but that was down to the skin

mmcmedia
02-10-10, 18:48
No disrespect meant here but when you restart in the menu it shoudl restart straight away as it did when brand new out of the box , i see where your coming from if you switch of manually but no from within menu fortunatly mines faulty according to the supplier , now all i have to do is wait to see if he comes the sh@t that it has to go back to his supplier or will he send a new unit ??

Hakon
02-10-10, 22:09
Mine worked fine to reboot from menu, the tricky part was to have it to boot from deepstandby or power off.When the cover was off the Vu+ and i cooled the CPU i could start up easy with remote from deepstandby several times. As soon i stop cooling the CPU it was harder to boot.So something is wrong. I don't like the CPU cooler that's glued in place, thats not a good design on a cooler either.I like the Vu+ Duo a lot, but the problem i have with the box i don't like.

xarqi
02-10-10, 23:14
Just a "Me too".

I've seen a similar thing on my Duo (shipped with openPLI - still running that).

First time I tried deep standby, the box just wouldn't fire up from the remote, although the LED on the front of the box did flash. Next time, there was a delay of several minutes before the picture came up, but the box wouldn't respond to the remote. On both occasions it was only a short time from selecting deep standby to trying to awaken the unit. In my book, that interval should not matter.

In case it is relevant, the serial number is MA1530000xx.