PDA

View Full Version : MetrixHD_MOD (Now includes a full 1080 HD version too)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

scwheeler
03-04-13, 23:32
Thanks to Lothar2 for putting me on to this skin.

This skin is not my work only 1% modded by me for a couple of features. It is an alpha as many screens are not completely compatible but it runs nicely with VIX unlike the original that was designed for VTI. I'm sure more/better updates will come from the websites below:

MetrixHD v1.1b by iMaxxx for VTI from mymetrix.de
MOD by BiNiCKNiCH from gigablue-support.net
MOD by Area51 from et-view-support.com
MOD by Taykun345 & ckone for OpenPLi 3.0 and from openpli.org

- Infobar resized and adapted
- Epg adapted and configured for new VIX bouquet changes
- Some icons and various other bits tidied up.

=====================

UPDATED 04.06.2013

*MetrixHD NOW IN FEEDS*

I'm pleased to announce you can download this skin directly from the Vix plugin menu. This means automatic updates every time you update your box and an easy install/deinstall.

Screenshots:

For those of you that have installed previous beta's you will need to fully uninstall to do this. If you do not know how to do this (and I don't!!) you will need to backup, reflash VIX, restore backup, and then install MetrixHD.

There will be future updates to the skin including a fully reskinned VIX menu from Sowa.

Everytime VIX is updated you will need to go into the plugin and save skin. This will ensure you are running the latest version of the skin.....this is intentional.

Enjoy......Steve

=============================

1080 update has been released!

You can now switch between the default 720 version and a new 1080 version using the MyMetrix plugin. The option is in the General settings page:

Any skinparts that you have previously downloaded WILL NOT be compatible until their authors update them/release a new version. To make things easier all default skin parts are now included automatically and so the skinpart selection screen looks like this:

Bugs & To do list:

HD icon doesn't light up
History Zap screen needs to be skinned

I recommend using ZZpicons (400x240) for best results. Some screenshots:

judge
03-04-13, 23:56
Looks great, nice work...
To make skinning easier, try just skinning the screens you want, all other screens will default to current default screens so makes changes & downloads a lot smaller/easier.

TK4|2|1
04-04-13, 08:13
Does it support the new Vix epg? (Press TV button to bring up bouquet list). I love the Vixbmc metropolis skin, but this feature doesn't work on it, hasn't been updated yet.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

scwheeler
04-04-13, 10:32
Yes it does support new epg. <> changes bouquet + tv brings up the bouquet list (I have only resized this at the moment, not reskinned it but it works!)

Thanks Judge - that's useful to know. Is there a program or easier way to skin? For example I've been moving a png by 2px in xml, restart enigma, do it again - very time consuming.

josh_g
04-04-13, 20:38
i really like this skin but is there anyway to turn off the big channel name?

also does anyone know any picons that dont look distorted with this skin?

scwheeler
04-04-13, 21:05
Sorry but I don't think so unless anyone else knows away.

Try Ocram's new SHD transparent Picons from the feeds.They have been designed for this skin so should look pretty good.

duoduo
04-04-13, 21:40
Hi Scwheeler i have ftp into usr/share/enigma2 but can't now find the skin on my duo, please can you help?On the latest vix build

josh_g
05-04-13, 08:43

Try Ocram's new SHD transparent Picons from the feeds.They have been designed for this skin so should look pretty good.

i'll try the picons in the feeds then.. do they automatically update when you do a software update or do you have to manually update them?

Larry-G
05-04-13, 09:48
i'll try the picons in the feeds then.. do they automatically update when you do a software update or do you have to manually update them?

like all other plugins from the feeds they will update as and when you do a image update this however can cause the update to take a bit longer as it erases and replaces every picon one at a time.

duoduo
05-04-13, 10:52
Hi, i have looked in skins section of menu and cannot find the image, i FTP into USR/Share/enigma2 as suggested above but cant seem to find where it has saved on my reciever (vu+ duo). Can anyone help please

pr1s0m
05-04-13, 11:04
Should be menu > setup > system > skin setup

josh_g
05-04-13, 11:05
have you tried restarting enigma?

duoduo
05-04-13, 11:09
That's where i looked pr1s0m and yes i did a full reboot after wards abs still not showing, also i have tried dl metropolis skin from feeds and the execution fails everytime albeit i was able to dl noire skin last night. Really like the look of this new skin so i am keen to install

Trial
05-04-13, 11:09
Hi,
best picons for this skin should be xpicons which are bigger (400x132 I think) then normal picons.

ciao

josh_g
05-04-13, 11:12
That's where i looked pr1s0m and yes i did a full reboot after wards abs still not showing, also i have tried dl metropolis skin from feeds and the execution fails everytime albeit i was able to dl noire skin last night. Really like the look of this new skin so i am keen to install

what image version are you running?

try deleting the folder and starting again maybe?

duoduo
05-04-13, 11:20
Vix 644 ok i will retry again when i get home, i did however try this last night without joy. Thanks for your input guys, if anyone else knows of a solution please feel free to post

stav81244
05-04-13, 11:53

I cannot download these it comes up with an error

scwheeler
05-04-13, 12:51
Hi Igleave22, not sure why but some suggestions:

- Have you definitely copied it to the right directory?
- Did you unzip it to a folder first?
- Have you rebooted/restarted engima (may not be necessary)
- Are you looking in Menu-Setup-System-Skins where it should show as Metrix-MOD

Here is a screenshot of my FTP in case it helps:

Apart from that I don't know what else to suggest.

Steve

duoduo
05-04-13, 13:30
once i extracted the zip it was double foldered (hope thats a word) so i clicked on first folder (after extracting) and inside another folder called MetrixHD_MOD (the same name as first folder) i FTP'd this folder across which hasnt worked do i need to FTP the double folder

josh_g
05-04-13, 13:46
when you extract it, it should have one folder that you FTP to the box

duoduo
05-04-13, 13:50
there is a folder within the main folder with the same name as mentioned above

sgate
05-04-13, 14:10
put just ( MetrixHD_MOD ) and not ( __MACOSX ) into
/usr/share/enigma2 :cool:

duoduo
05-04-13, 14:14
where have you got ( __MACOSX ) from, i dont see this :confused:

scwheeler
05-04-13, 14:16
Maybe try a different program to extract as I've just checked and it only extracts for me to 1 MetrixHD_MOD folder - there are other folders inside but none called MetrixHD_MOD :)

sgate
05-04-13, 14:16
it is in the zip file

scwheeler
05-04-13, 14:25
Try a rar'd file instead :)

Also if the picons from feed don't download successfully you can get them directly from Ocram here (although won't update automatically I guess)

http://ocram.github.com/picons/

duoduo
05-04-13, 15:04
ahhh now that looks very different to what downloaded previously, many thanks guys i will try this later and feel more confident it will work. I will report back if i have any further issues

Regards

stav81244
05-04-13, 20:44
Great skin.

Is there a way in including the next program with the info on the channel list like the channel now it already has?

Just to let you know if your using the transparent picons some picons like Comedy Central do not show up coz they are already black.

scwheeler
05-04-13, 21:47
This is the latest update from the author if this is the screen you mean:

I could look at adding this in? Maybe add info in the box at bottom right.

Thanks for the heads up on Picons - wish they were mine but from the much more skilled Ocram. I have pm'd him about the picons and hopefully he can help :)

scwheeler
05-04-13, 21:49
What is the consensus about having having the vix coloured buttons at the bottom of the infobar? Every other screen has them so feels inconsistent.

duoduo
05-04-13, 22:21
Got there in the end, installed and looks the digs watsits lol just one question is there a way to make the info bar smaller looks huge on my screen

stav81244
05-04-13, 23:10
This is the latest update from the author if this is the screen you mean:

I could look at adding this in? Maybe add info in the box at bottom right.

Thanks for the heads up on Picons - wish they were mine but from the much more skilled Ocram. I have pm'd him about the picons and hopefully he can help :)

Yeah that looks good. I am currently using the black picons so i can see them at the moment. Also there are some picons missing eg comedy central +1 is there a reason why the full pack is not there?

What application do you use to update your skins?

deleted
06-04-13, 00:59
Later today I will be releasing 2 new versions of the SHD picons, "glow" wich has a white glow behind the picons and "transparentfull" wich is what a few people requested, the transparent version but without the border, so full frame.

I would appreciate it if I could see some screenshots of the glow version in use...

If a picon is missing like eg comedy central +1, make an issue on github, I do not have time to daily check 4000+ channels for missing/or wrong picons. So while it may lag behind vs some other packs on 28.2, I doubt if they include nearly as much. Right now there are 1990 unique logo's included in all the different styles and resolutions as seen on the download page.

deleted
06-04-13, 09:09
OK, something went wrong with the "glow" version, should be corrected shortly. I do have to warn people that the glow version is a 32bit png wich might not work OK on all receivers.

miquelcamps
06-04-13, 09:39
Is possible the ecm info for this mod skin?

scwheeler
06-04-13, 10:22
Oscam - Awesome - thanks for your help with the picons, quite exited to see how glow comes out, will put some screens up when finished.

Stav - I quickly inverted the colours on some of the black picons. Glow might solve this or otherwise this could be an option:

Miquel - yes it can, I will try and include it in next version.

stav81244
06-04-13, 10:28
Looking good mate if you we're to put ECM on the info bar your better off putting it on the 2nd info bar as it looks messy on the 1st one. (Only my opinion)

deleted
06-04-13, 11:01
Inverting the colors would indeed be the best solution, but it also would require me to keep a duplicate set of logo's a black and a white version, wich generates a massive amount of work, because I haven't found a reliable way to automate that and make it somewhat decent looking. So I hope glow looks decent. The final version of glow should be online about now.

Next update should also have glow in the HD res and feed will be updated.

deleted
06-04-13, 11:46
glow isn't going to cut it, doesn't look nice

deleted
06-04-13, 15:18
So I've done some messing around and from now on there is support for white versions of logo's, so that they look nice on dark backgrounds.
I've converted a limited amount of +/-130 logo's, more to follow eventually.

stav81244
06-04-13, 16:30
Well done mate where can these be downloaded? From the online feeds or your website?

deleted
06-04-13, 16:52
At the moment at http://ocram.github.io/picons/downloads.html

Later tonight I'll update the feed

pr1s0m
06-04-13, 17:34
24896 24897
Ive added ecm information to Second info bar

UnZip skin.xml and place at /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD_MOD overwriting the already existing file

Edit: I also removed the channel name that took up the screen
The code is still there on line 215 I just commented it out

duoduo
06-04-13, 17:55
How have you got your info bar that size mate, mine looks massive at the moment? Appreciate all the work your putting into this skin guys

pr1s0m
06-04-13, 18:14
How have you got your info bar that size mate, mine looks massive at the moment? Appreciate all the work your putting into this skin guys

That is normal size
It sounds like you need to change osd position
Menu > setup > system > user interface > position setup

duoduo
06-04-13, 18:26
Ok cool, please can you tell me what songs you are using

duoduo
06-04-13, 18:29
Sorry damn predictive text lol setting's not song

scwheeler
07-04-13, 00:40
Ocram - great work with the picons really looking great :) As promised in return I've spent the day with the code and added/tweeked a couple of things:

Skinned for the VIX timeshift (centre top)
Added weather
Added coloured buttons to 1stInfobar

Incorporated ECM info to 2nd infobar - thanks pr1s0m
Moved SNR & AGR and added with progress bars

Tweaked EPG and added colour behind picon on current channel

I still need to clean it up a bit but will put out new version v. soon

Steve

Larry-G
07-04-13, 05:28
Ocram - great work with the picons really looking great :) As promised in return I've spent the day with the code and added/tweeked a couple of things:

Skinned for the VIX timeshift (centre top)
Added weather
Added coloured buttons to 1stInfobar

Incorporated ECM info to 2nd infobar - thanks pr1s0m
Moved SNR & AGR and added with progress bars

Tweaked EPG and added colour behind picon on current channel

I still need to clean it up a bit but will put out new version v. soon

Steve

Very nice work, i'm really impressed with how things are coming on with this.

Keep up the good work. it is really very much appreciated.

deleted
07-04-13, 13:20
Perhaps it would be a good idea to put the skin on GitHub, so we can follow progress and perhaps put somewhere in it's name that this version is for VIX, because there are already quite a few versions going around.

Keep up the good work

Larry-G
07-04-13, 13:28
Perhaps it would be a good idea to put the skin on GitHub, so we can follow progress and perhaps put somewhere in it's name that this version is for VIX, because there are already quite a few versions going around.

Keep up the good work

probably the best idea yes, that way it andy can build it into the feeds as he does with all other ViX skins.

scwheeler
07-04-13, 19:40
Thanks all.

I'll push the new update out here as before over next day or so, and then I will try and have a big clean up of the code and put up on Github.

As an aside does anyone know how to remove the border around picons on Gepg from this:

To this:

Thanks, Steve

andyblac
08-04-13, 08:55
Thanks all.

I'll push the new update out here as before over next day or so, and then I will try and have a big clean up of the code and put up on Github.

As an aside does anyone know how to remove the border around picons on Gepg from this:

To this:

Thanks, Steve

nice progress mate, the attribute you are looking for is "ServiceBackgroundColor", below is the full list of attributes that are available, hope if helps, any other questions just ask.

"ServiceFontGraphical"
"ServiceFontInfobar"
"EntryFontGraphical"
"EventFontInfobar"
"EventFontSingle"

"EntryFontAlignment"
"EntryFontWrap"

"ServiceForegroundColor"
"ServiceForegroundColorNow"
"ServiceBackgroundColor"
"ServiceBackgroundColorNow"

"EntryForegroundColor"
"EntryForegroundColorSelected"
"EntryBackgroundColor"
"EntryBackgroundColorSelected"
"EntryBackgroundColorNow"
"EntryBackgroundColorNowSelected"
"EntryForegroundColorNow"
"EntryForegroundColorNowSelected"

"ServiceBorderColor"
"ServiceBorderWidth"
"ServiceNamePadding"
"EntryBorderColor"
"EventBorderWidth"
"EventNamePadding"

"RecordForegroundColor"
"RecordForegroundColorSelected"
"RecordBackgroundColor"
"RecordBackgroundColorSelected"
"ZapForegroundColor"
"ZapBackgroundColor"
"ZapForegroundColorSelected"
"ZapBackgroundColorSelected"

gsingh
08-04-13, 22:15
Is there an updated zip folder with all the changes implemented into one zip file? I cant seem to find it. Just the first Zip from post #1.

scwheeler
09-04-13, 00:56
There will soon - I had some problems that needed ironing out :)

Larry-G
10-04-13, 18:19
Just like to say a big thanks for the work you guys have done on this project so far, It id really very much appreciated.

We have now created a dedicated ViX skin development section for such projects so if any of you are interested and would like access please let either my self or another member of staff know and we will get the ball rolling.

duoduo
10-04-13, 18:41
It would be great to know just where to begin in starting to work towards creating something close to what these guys have been doing Pheonix. I for one, am extremely grateful for what has been created and let's not forget its all for free for I'm guessing hours upon hours of dedication.

Well done guys!!

scwheeler
11-04-13, 00:28
So finally I finished the channel select screen!

Here's the screen shot:

I realised why ecm info wasn't showing as I didn't give you the plugins! So below is my current (scrappy) rar file. This includes all the above changes but please ignore the weather until I figure how to change the location.

Copy the files to the corresponding folders in your usr folder. Any problems give me a shout and hopefully in a few weeks I can either put it out as an ipk or in the feeds :)

scwheeler
11-04-13, 00:58
If you really can't wait to update your weather :)

You can edit the MatrixWeatherUpdater.py in the rar file - change the default number in the below to the code obtained from here >> http://metrixhd.sinthex.de/#MetrixWeather

config.plugins.MetrixWeather.woeid = ConfigNumber(default="33102") #Location (visit metrixhd.info)

sgate
11-04-13, 06:43
great work thanks:cool:

pajillas
11-04-13, 08:09
Thanks, good work. In the first info bar look de red-green-yellow-blue menu. I think that is most ellegant without this menu. Can you delete it or where is the skin line to change?. Thanks again and sorry by my bad english.

scwheeler
11-04-13, 09:22
Hi Pajillas.

Delete this from the skin xml file: (it is in the infobar section)

<!-- /*Buttons-->
<ePixmap pixmap="MetrixHD_MOD/buttons/red.png" position="261,685" size="30,35" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="MetrixHD_MOD/buttons/green.png" position="446,685" size="30,35" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="MetrixHD_MOD/buttons/yellow.png" position="636,685" size="30,35" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="MetrixHD_MOD/buttons/blue.png" position="818,685" size="30,35" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="key_red" position="301,690" zPosition="1" size="130,25" font="RegularLight; 20" backgroundColor="background20" transparent="1" valign="top" />
<widget name="key_green" position="487,690" zPosition="1" size="130,25" font="RegularLight; 20" backgroundColor="background20" transparent="1" valign="top" />
<widget name="key_yellow" position="677,690" zPosition="1" size="130,25" font="RegularLight; 20" backgroundColor="background20" transparent="1" valign="top" />
<widget name="key_blue" position="859,690" zPosition="1" size="130,25" font="RegularLight; 20" backgroundColor="background20" transparent="1" halign="left" valign="top" />
<!--Button */-->

pajillas
11-04-13, 13:01
All good now, thanks

stav81244
11-04-13, 13:25
So finally I finished the channel select screen!

Here's the screen shot:

I realised why ecm info wasn't showing as I didn't give you the plugins! So below is my current (scrappy) rar file. This includes all the above changes but please ignore the weather until I figure how to change the location.

Copy the files to the corresponding folders in your usr folder. Any problems give me a shout and hopefully in a few weeks I can either put it out as an ipk or in the feeds :)

Hi mate

Great work with the skin. Is it possible to leave the channel list as it was as the full list and move the now, next and after whats on under the Viva to the left as the full channel list looked cleaner. Also now and next is only needed instead of having all 3 if this does not fit as you can have whats on now with a description and next with a description on the left. (Sorry Please don't shout at me it just my opinion)

Thanks

duoduo
11-04-13, 15:16
Hi Scwheeler

i dont to mess up installing the new updates therefore please can i ask you to attach a rar file that i can simply delete the current from my reciever and add the new one which contains all new updates (sorry for asking to be spoon fed lol)

josh_g
11-04-13, 15:45
yerpp just delete the file and replace with the new one and re-boot :)

duoduo
11-04-13, 16:01
yerpp just delete the file and replace with the new one and re-boot :)

Is that the MetrixHD folder inside usr/share/enigma2 attached a couple of posts up?

josh_g
11-04-13, 16:29
yer thats the replacement folder with the new edits just delete the old one on the box and replace with the new one

scwheeler
11-04-13, 17:30
Igleave - yes do as Josh mentions but also do copy the py files to your "usr/lib" folder in the same way otherwise some bits will be missing. Just copy to the same folders as in the rar file.

Stav - shouldn't be a problem to do it that way. That channelselection window is just a straight copy of the recent update of MatrixHd skin for VTI. I'm happy to improve and listen to ideas so will have a try and see how it looks. It may take a little while as I am currently fiddling with the recordings (movie) window and recording infobar and want to finish those first.

Best, Steve

gsingh
11-04-13, 17:47
Trying to load 1.2 on my set, ftp'd across succesfully, deleted old metrix folder and rebooting but when selecting metrix, gui is restarted but with the stock vix night theme??

stav81244
11-04-13, 17:51
Igleave - yes do as Josh mentions but also do copy the py files to your "usr/lib" folder in the same way otherwise some bits will be missing. Just copy to the same folders as in the rar file.

Stav - shouldn't be a problem to do it that way. That channelselection window is just a straight copy of the recent update of MatrixHd skin for VTI. I'm happy to improve and listen to ideas so will have a try and see how it looks. It may take a little while as I am currently fiddling with the recordings (movie) window and recording infobar and want to finish those first.

Best, Steve

No probs mate, with recording could you add the rewing/forward speeds as they are currently not showing,

Thanks

gsingh
11-04-13, 18:00
ok so the folder heirarchy has confused me. After extractin the rar file, the folder in path usr/share/enigma2 called Metrix HD goes in usr/share/enigma2 in the box but where does the folder Components from extracted rar path usr/lib/enigma2 go in vu path?

scwheeler
11-04-13, 20:10
Hi gsingh - dont copy the folder. Within the components folder you have 2 more folders - converters and renderers. Copy the files from these folders into the matching folders on your VU.

For reference these folders are /usr/lib/enigma2/python/components/converters/ and /usr/lib/enigma2/python/components/renderers/

hope helps.

gsingh
11-04-13, 21:22
clears up a lot schweeler, regards! One problem ive seen is on the channel Watch HD and Watch +1, only about 20% of the W character shows up. Only this channel atm, there may be more but I haven't spotted any others. Also, is there a way to put a black box around the weather section on the screen just like the time as it is sometimes hard to see over the broadcasts.

scwheeler
11-04-13, 22:56
Glad to help - I've seen the issue with Watch but I don't understand why yet - I can only think it is due to the font!! I am investigating and thanks for the bug report.

There should be a black box around the weather - like this >

Is your not the same?

gsingh
12-04-13, 02:44
no, I dont have that... :confused:

sgate
12-04-13, 10:32
no, I dont have that... :confused:

i have that too on my

duoduo
12-04-13, 11:19
No black box on mine either, not the end of the world though.

Alanp
12-04-13, 12:12
No black box on mine either, not the end of the world though.

Same as the above

OldSkulRide
12-04-13, 12:25
About missing letter W or M in channel names. This is not font related as I tested other fonts too (OpenSans for example). It is a mystery to me.

BTW, I am Taykun345 from PLi forum and scwheeler is using my modification as base. I am looking at this thread to see if there will be any other interesting improvements that I can use :)

EDIT: I also recommend that you use these picons (SHD version):
http://ocram.github.io/picons/downloads.html
28.2E channels are also included ;)

scwheeler
12-04-13, 16:19
I've fixed the weather background box issue - update coming later tonight when home from work.

Good to see you on here Taykun/OldSkulRide - thank you for all your work so far and I hope I can contribute something useful :)

scwheeler
12-04-13, 21:32
Skin.xml to fix weather box background - I will tweak the font colours tomorrow as it is not perfect.

f1mad
15-04-13, 18:00
anyone tell me which file i have to download? to put this on my vu?

duoduo
15-04-13, 18:43
If you mean the full skin, look at post 64 mate there is a rar folder attached

f1mad
15-04-13, 19:08
i did and thankyou.

f1mad
15-04-13, 19:32
is there anyway to remove the weather?

scwheeler
15-04-13, 21:23
Yup :)

Remove these lines from the skin.xml file and it will disappear:

<!--/* WEATHER WIDGET -->
<widget render="MetrixWeatherUpdater" source="global.CurrentTime" position="28,40" size="10,60" backgroundColor="transparent" foregroundColor="transparent" valign="center" halign="center" font="Meteo; 1" zPosition="10" />
<ePixmap position="41,40" size="213,70" pixmap="MetrixHD_MOD/back.png" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="40,31" size="78,80" font="Regular; 60" zPosition="10" halign="right" valign="center" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">currentWeatherTemp</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="118,49" size="30,26" font="Regular; 17" zPosition="10" halign="left" valign="center" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">CF</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="205,50" size="39,26" font="Regular; 16" zPosition="10" halign="right" valign="center" foregroundColor="grey" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">forecastTodayTempMax</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="205,76" size="39,26" font="Regular; 16" zPosition="10" halign="right" valign="center" foregroundColor="darkgrey" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">forecastTodayTempMin</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="260,50" size="50,50" font="Meteo; 45" zPosition="10" halign="left" valign="center" foregroundColor="grey" backgroundColor="background20" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">forecastTomorrowCode</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="312,50" size="39,26" font="Regular; 16" zPosition="10" halign="right" valign="center" foregroundColor="grey" backgroundColor="background20" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">forecastTomorrowTempMax</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="312,76" size="39,26" font="Regular; 16" zPosition="10" halign="right" valign="center" foregroundColor="darkgrey" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">forecastTomorrowTempMin</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap position="254,43" size="106,65" pixmap="MetrixHD_MOD/backtransp.png" zPosition="-1" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="151,50" size="50,50" font="Meteo; 45" zPosition="10" halign="left" valign="center" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixWeather">forecastTodayCode</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="MetrixHD/icons/ico_rec_on.png" position="57,133" size="74,23" zPosition="2" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide">Blink</convert>
</widget>
<!-- WEATHER WIDGET */--><!-- /* STYLE NEW -->

Enjoy,

Steve

naveh
16-04-13, 06:56
crypto is not showing in bar.

f1mad
16-04-13, 07:44
perfect. thankyou. really like this skin.

deleted
24-04-13, 19:31
Any updates with the skin, or is the project dead already? :confused:

scwheeler
24-04-13, 23:07
No not dead but in Florida on holiday Ocram, so no action for last week or next :)

However I do need to decide when I come back, whether to continue making small but visible changes or spend time cleaning up the code. I will probably go half and half and make a some changes to the recordings screen and tidy up a few other screens, and then clean up the code and perhaps implement the plugin.

f1mad
25-04-13, 18:21
its pretty good atm tbh. only a few screens need sorting. i would say 95% right. best skin I have tried.

f1mad
25-04-13, 18:22
need to finish and put it in a full zip folder as I think some ppl may be put off by having to go through the whole thread.

deleted
25-04-13, 19:02
enjoy your holiday

f1mad
07-05-13, 11:08
is anyone else getting a crash when you try and play recorded files?

hifial
07-05-13, 11:57
No but I get a crash on vu duo latest vix build when I go into deep standby I can mail you crash log if you wish

scwheeler
07-05-13, 22:27
Hi guys, back from hols today and looking and improving some bits this week.

hifial and f1mad - both recorded files and deep standby work fine here with no plugins - perhaps this is the cause? hifial please post log here and happy to take a look :)

duoduo
11-05-13, 17:38
Hi scwheeler how you getting on with the latest updates?

belierzz
11-05-13, 22:04
In the meantime iMaxxx has updated his skin MetrixHD to v2.0 beta:
http://live.mymetrix.de/index.php?page=packages

According to the forum on his homepage (you can see it if you are registered) the plugin is compatible with OpenPli 3.0. The skin is completely modular and everything works fine in ViX also - besides infobar and second infobar modules.
If someone with coding skills could have a look, the complete skin with all possibilities would work on ViX. Maybe scwheeler?

Edit: tested on Vu Solo2

f1mad
12-05-13, 10:10

Iv installed the metrixhd plugin and it works great apart from epg looks terrible compared to what we had before. does anyone know how to get it back to how it was looking before?

scwheeler
12-05-13, 18:27
It's coming on very well but you spoiled the surprise Belierzz :D

Yes I have been working on MetrixHD v2. It is still a work in progress but I have uploaded for those that want to try - including the epg for f1mad.

You need to install latest beta from http://mymetrix.de (2.0.11b). If you've already downloaded previously please update as this latest version fixes some bugs. Follow the installation and signup instructions from the website.

Enter the My-Metrix plugin (not openstore plugin), and enter the OpenStore from within there. This should show my plugins for under OpenVix -their are currently 4 - GraphicalEPG, Quick EPG,NumberZap and a widget to add the coloured button to the infobar.

You then need to install install one more plugin for the EPG. This is also located in the OpenStore but in Skin Extensions and called "Images for Graphical EPG for VIX"

I will be working on more screens in future and tweaking some as not happy with picon in quickepg and timeline in graphicalepg.

Enjoy,

Steve

belierzz
12-05-13, 19:23
Thanks Steve! I'm still looking how to get infobar / second infobar working. No issue for you? Your a.m. plugins for EPG work flawless. Respect!

scwheeler
12-05-13, 20:21
Thanks, no problem with infobar here - although in v2 the second infobar doesn't display the bar just the extended programme info.

I'm still deciding if I like it like this but will probably be skinning second infobar soon. Does the first infobar display?

belierzz
12-05-13, 20:32
No, the bar doesn't display neither for first nor second infobar. Icons / resolution etc. are there, at least most of them.

scwheeler
12-05-13, 22:15
Hmmm - try installing the modern infobar plugin and see if that works??? Otherwise suggest installing the plugin, manually deleting the MatrixHD folder (in usr/share/enigma2/) , and reinstalling again from scratch.

belierzz
13-05-13, 11:47
I'll give that a try later when I'm back at home and let you know the outcome.

Edit: installing with -force-overwrite did the job. Now checking lots of new possibilities in the OpenShop

f1mad
13-05-13, 19:39
Loving it best skin out there.

duoduo
13-05-13, 19:52
Is the plugin in the feeds guys? Been using this skin for about 6 weeks now and imo the best available. Can't be bothered addingthe extras so if there are recent updates i.e within the last week i would rather just install from fresh..

Sowa
13-05-13, 21:39
Set MyMetrix 2.0.11b
Do not display the 2nd infobar were only icons.
Set out to bring information to the ECM in SIB

slightly modified the skin.xml - at the end of the SIB screen add the following line:

<!-- /* InfoWidget Cam and Transponder Infos(CENTER) by DarkStarXxX -->
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="570,45" size="320,30" font="Regular; 16" valign="center" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" ransparent="1" halign="left" noWrap="1">
<convert type="MetrixExtraInfo">TransponderInfo</convert>
</widget>
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="Regular; 22" halign="right" position="391,45" render="Label" size="170,30" source="session.CurrentService" transparent="1" align="center">
<convert type="ServiceName">Provider</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" font="Regular; 17" position="391,75" size="500,30" halign="center" zPosition="50" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" foregroundColor="metrixAccent1" transparent="1" noWrap="1" valign="center">
<convert type="pliCaidDisplay">Default</convert>
</widget>
<!-- ViX buttons by scwheeler -->
<eLabel name="new ePixmap" position="center,43" size="520,65" backgroundColor="metrixBackground2" transparent="0" zPosition="-99" />
<eLabel name="new ePixMaph" position="center,526" size="820,35" foregroundColor="foreground" zPosition="-99" backgroundColor="metrixBackground2" />
<ePixmap alphatest="blend" pixmap="MetrixHD/buttons/red.png" position="264,690" size="30,35" />
<ePixmap alphatest="blend" pixmap="MetrixHD/buttons/green.png" position="446,690" size="30,35" />
<ePixmap alphatest="blend" pixmap="MetrixHD/buttons/yellow.png" position="636,690" size="30,35" />
<ePixmap alphatest="blend" pixmap="MetrixHD/buttons/blue.png" position="818,690" size="30,35" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="RegularLight; 20" name="key_red" position="301,692" size="150,25" transparent="1" valign="top" zPosition="1" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="RegularLight; 20" name="key_green" position="483,692" size="150,25" transparent="1" valign="top" zPosition="1" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="RegularLight; 20" name="key_yellow" position="673,692" size="150,25" transparent="1" valign="top" zPosition="1" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="RegularLight; 20" halign="left" name="key_blue" position="855,692" size="150,25" transparent="1" valign="top" zPosition="1" />

Changed HEALTH WIDGET

<!-- /* HEALTH WIDGET -->
<eLabel backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="Regular; 20" foregroundColor="metrixAccent1" halign="right" position="240,528" size="53,33" text="SNR" transparent="1" valign="center" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground2" font="Regular; 20" foregroundColor="metrixForeground" position="567,528" render="Label" size="70,33" source="session.FrontendStatus" transparent="1" valign="center">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNR</convert>
</widget>
<widget pixmap="MetrixHD/colors/00ffffff.png" position="305,541" render="Progress" size="250,7" source="session.FrontendStatus" transparent="1" zPosition="100" backgroundColor="metrixAccent1">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNR</convert>
</widget>
<eLabel backgroundColor="metrixBackground2" font="Regular; 20" foregroundColor="metrixAccent2" halign="right" position="648,528" size="53,33" text="AGC" transparent="1" valign="center" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground2" font="Regular; 20" foregroundColor="metrixForeground" position="970,528" render="Label" size="70,33" source="session.FrontendStatus" transparent="1" valign="center">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">AGC</convert>
</widget>
<widget pixmap="MetrixHD/colors/00ffffff.png" position="712,541" render="Progress" size="250,7" source="session.FrontendStatus" transparent="1" zPosition="1" backgroundColor="metrixAccent2">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">AGC</convert>
</widget>
<eLabel backgroundColor="metrixForeground" position="305,543" size="250,3" />
<eLabel backgroundColor="metrixForeground" position="712,543" size="250,3" />

<widget font="SetrixHD; 140" foregroundColor="metrixPreTrans2" noWrap="1" position="35,405" render="Label" size="1252,306" source="session.CurrentService" transparent="1" valign="top" zPosition="-30">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>

In order to successfully display the ECM-information needed converters: MetrixExtraInfo, pliCaidDisplay, pliCamd
Here is the result

scwheeler
13-05-13, 22:15
@Igleave22 - not sure if we can host it in the feeds, however I strongly recommend installing this version as it can now automatically update itself and I can quickly and easily add VIX specific screens.

Sowa - good work, I will also publish a modern SIB later this week and the health widget is on my todo list :) Thanks.

duoduo
13-05-13, 22:33
Thanks for confirming my query scwheeler, are you able to add a zip of the upto date skin to this thread please mate

Larry-G
13-05-13, 22:42
@Igleave22 - not sure if we can host it in the feeds, however I strongly recommend installing this version as it can now automatically update itself and I can quickly and easily add VIX specific screens.

Sowa - good work, I will also publish a modern SIB later this week and the health widget is on my todo list :) Thanks.

if you would like your work incorporated into the ViX feeds speak to andy, he will be able to help you set up a GIT for the skin etc.

scwheeler
13-05-13, 23:00
Try this direct link -
http://live.mymetrix.de/index.php?mact=DownloadManager,m3469f,download,1&m3469falias=enigma2-plugin-extensions-mymetrix_2-0-9-1_all&m3469freturnid=72&page=72

duoduo
14-05-13, 09:37
Try this direct link -
http://live.mymetrix.de/index.php?mact=DownloadManager,m3469f,download,1&m3469falias=enigma2-plugin-extensions-mymetrix_2-0-9-1_all&m3469freturnid=72&page=72

Hi have installed the IPK file from your link, however now that i have deleted older skin and put the ipk file into the tmp folder i get the following error

root@vuduo:/var/volatile/tmp opkg install Openstore-MyMetrix_2.0.ipk
collected errors:
*gz_open: fork: cannot allocate memory.
*pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from Openstore-MyMetrix_root@vuduo:/var/volatile/tmp

Please can you advise

Regards

Sowa
14-05-13, 10:53
Hi have installed the IPK file from your link, however now that i have deleted older skin and put the ipk file into the tmp folder i get the following error

root@vuduo:/var/volatile/tmp opkg install Openstore-MyMetrix_2.0.ipk
collected errors:
*gz_open: fork: cannot allocate memory.
*pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from Openstore-MyMetrix_root@vuduo:/var/volatile/tmp

Please can you advise

Regards

You do not have enough memory space to install the skin.
Need to make space - remove unnecessary skins, plug-ins.
You need about 10MB of free space or use FlashExpandr plugin.

duoduo
14-05-13, 11:06
I have 1 Tb HDD Sowa and are currently using no more than 200gb

josh_g
14-05-13, 11:11
im still using the original of this skin.. where abouts can i find the latest update? also how does it auto update?

duoduo
14-05-13, 11:29
i was given the link it post 113 mate but it isnt happening for me hence my communication above. Others have installed newer version and it works ok for them.. Pissed off now deleted older skin and now stuck with basic skin for time being, sure someone can help me out though. as for updating, i believe once the update is installed, everytime you do a software update from your reciever if there are any new updates for this skin they will be dl as well.

josh_g
14-05-13, 11:38
ahhh right.. well i may hold fire then until one of the developers comes on and posts a new file as i don't fancy messing this skin up as its by far my favorite!! :cool:

judge
14-05-13, 11:42

The size of your HDD has nothing to do with installing anything in flash.

Sowa
14-05-13, 12:19

Look at the size and space of internal memory, HDD nothing to do with.
FlashExpandr extend their internal memory size by moving the /usr to the specified device (USB)

duoduo
14-05-13, 13:21
I have removed 3 skins and still not working earlier, i will try above and post back later if still no joy.

duoduo
14-05-13, 19:26
Finally did it guys, however now have another issue.. I have installed all the settings that i require and then hit the save option. 3 times of trying and the box crashes everytime whilst trying to save, if it had managed to save where is the save location? None of the settings have been implemented when the box restarts.. If someone c could help i would appreciate it.

scwheeler
14-05-13, 20:31
Pleased you've got the skin working Igleave.

Once saved it saves the file skin.xml to the MetrixHD directory. Having said that, I have never had it crash whil

Perhaps try just change one setting and see if that works. If so perhaps you will be able to work out the offending add-on. While most should work some may call renderers/converters not compatible with Vix so for the moment I can only suggest using the one's by me.

Obvious question so apologies but have you also ensured MetrixHD is set as skin in setup menu (I think this happens automatically but can't remember).

If this doesn't work I would be tempted to do a full backup and then reflash Vix from USB, restore your setup, and then install MetrixHd.

Hope some of this helps.

Larry-G
14-05-13, 20:54

skins are not installed onto the HDD but to the receivers internal flash.

Larry-G
14-05-13, 20:55
Finally did it guys, however now have another issue.. I have installed all the settings that i require and then hit the save option. 3 times of trying and the box crashes everytime whilst trying to save, if it had managed to save where is the save location? None of the settings have been implemented when the box restarts.. If someone c could help i would appreciate it.

upload the corresponding crashlogs here so that the skins author may be able to see why it causes the crash.

Sowa
14-05-13, 21:07
2 lgleave22
Chances are once again out of memory. Skin is assembled from parts by means of plugin MyMetrix (generates skin.xml).
Him to work you need enough space in the flash memory. Check at the free memory in the flash,
you need to keep a free order of 10% for the normal operation of the image.

scwheeler
14-05-13, 21:22
Revised Movie Selection screen with Picon :

http://live.mymetrix.de/?page=view-skinpart&skinpart_id=118&titleext=MovieSelection%20with%20Picon

gsingh
14-05-13, 21:37
A quick question before I install v2 of this fabolous skin. Atm I have scwheeler's mod 1.2 skin setup. Do I need to delete all the components files and metrix hd mod folder first then install the v2 ipk? Please can I be pointed in the right direction as to what to do to upgrade my Metrix HD Mod 1.2 setup to latest. Thanks.

scwheeler
14-05-13, 21:56
gsingh - It should be okay not to delete it, in fact I'm sure I had MetrixHD_MOD running after V2. This one installs as MetrixHD not MextrixHD_MOD so should be separate.

Let us know how you get on.

gsingh
14-05-13, 22:12
Just installed ipk, no Metrix Hd in skin option only existing Metrix HD Mod is still there. However in the plugin section, I have two new metrix plugins. Should the new skin have installed with the ipk or just the 2 plugins?

scwheeler
14-05-13, 22:13
Just the 2 plugins - the skin is built when you select save skin in the mymetrix plugin in. After this you can restart and select it :)

scwheeler
14-05-13, 23:51
I want to thank Andy for recoding the way scaled picons are displayed.

With the most recent build (665); picons in the Quickepg (left/right info bar) will no longer have a transparent square around them. Much Much nicer:

25889 instead of 25890

This is why I work on this skin for Vix :D

Larry-G
14-05-13, 23:59
I want to thank Andy for recoding the way scaled picons are displayed.

With the most recent build (665); picons in the Quickepg (left/right info bar) will no longer have a transparent square around them. Much Much nicer:

25889 instead of 25890

This is why I work on this skin for Vix :D

yup andy is a top notch developer, he's always adding to and improving the image for the better, often adding features he does not even use but are requested by users. you could not ask for a better developer in my opinion and he is the main reason ViX is as popular as it is with our users.

duoduo
15-05-13, 08:13
2 lgleave22
Chances are once again out of memory. Skin is assembled from parts by means of plugin MyMetrix (generates skin.xml).
Him to work you need enough space in the flash memory. Check at the free memory in the flash,
you need to keep a free order of 10% for the normal operation of the image.

Flash 102.4
Free 36.7

I have deleted all skins to make room for new plugin

Scwheeler i can see the new plugin but there is nothing showing in my skins menu, should there be the MetrixHD skin showing?

How do i add the crashlogs to this thread Phoenix?

duoduo
15-05-13, 08:21
Saved settings in the plugin and can now see the skin, when i choose the skin it is restarting gui but when it reboots back up is not using the new skin, any ideas what i am doing wrong? :confused:

scwheeler
15-05-13, 11:11
Have you installed any add-ons or left it default? I had this behaviour once when developing a new screen that was incompatible - it would try and load, fail and so boot with the default skin.

duoduo
15-05-13, 11:35
Have you installed any add-ons or left it default? I had this behaviour once when developing a new screen that was incompatible - it would try and load, fail and so boot with the default skin.

I have now got the skin up and running, I think it was because i had added other elements to the skin that werent default Metrix. I have deleted most of the add ons to get it working, when i get home later i will start to add more default settings to get it to function how i want. The box was crashing when i was saving the settings hence the reason it wasnt showing in my skins section. I went back and removed most of the the non Metrix options and it finally saved.

Did notice earleir though that the new skin isnt showing my picons anymore, do you know how to fix this problem?

Thanks for all the input given above, appreciated

scwheeler
15-05-13, 12:01
A big problem with the other elements is that they use a non-standard code to display any progress bars (i.e. health widget) which causes a crash. I am redoing some of these screen and Vix healthwidget should be realised by the end of the day.

Where do you store your picons? USB? Can you check that they are in the right folder and correct setting in the setup menu. Try another restart.

Sowa
15-05-13, 12:36
Saved settings in the plugin and can now see the skin, when i choose the skin it is restarting gui but when it reboots back up is not using the new skin, any ideas what i am doing wrong? :confused:

After setting a skin with the plugin MyMetrix necessarily have to completely restart the receiver to compile the new converter!
So, as the skin is made under a different image that many of its parts are not supported in ViX.

duoduo
15-05-13, 16:09
A big problem with the other elements is that they use a non-standard code to display any progress bars (i.e. health widget) which causes a crash. I am redoing some of these screen and Vix healthwidget should be realised by the end of the day.

Where do you store your picons? USB? Can you check that they are in the right folder and correct setting in the setup menu. Try another restart.

My picons are stored on my HDD, I have permanent timeshift enabled. I have not had any issues with Picons before, is there a setting that needs enabling in the skin for it to show them?

Larry-G
15-05-13, 16:11
My picons are stored on my HDD, I have permanent timeshift enabled. I have not had any issues with Picons before, is there a setting that needs enabling in the skin for it to show them?

They should be auto detected by the image, have you rebooted since installing them ?. If not try a reboot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

duoduo
15-05-13, 16:15
yeah tried reboot this morning, was rushing out so when i get home later i will try again, cheers...

scwheeler
15-05-13, 19:51
Modern style second info bar & Vix compatible Healthwidget online (I have removed RPM as doesn't work and replaced with ECM info):

shizik
15-05-13, 20:18
will this skin be available in ViX feeds ?

scwheeler
15-05-13, 20:46
It's not my skin to put in the feeds unfortunately I guess it's up to iMaxxx?

rossi2000
15-05-13, 20:56
you can put your own modded version up im sure as stated by the statement at the top of the skin.xml

<!-- You can modify and redistribute it as long as you keep this License and the original author for the skin and all of your modifications -->

Larry-G
15-05-13, 21:08
as rossi says providing you dont remove the licence your free to modify and distribute your skin as you see fit.

duoduo
15-05-13, 22:23
Rebooted box no change, did forget to say earlier that the picons do show on epg just not showing on info bar. If someone can help me get this working i would really appreciate it.

gsingh
15-05-13, 22:27
For me, the SIB is not showing up just info when i double press OK button. All enabled in SkinPart section.

rossi2000
15-05-13, 22:47
i had this problem aswell but i more or less started again by removing the 2ib modules and re-installing specific ones.

gsingh
15-05-13, 23:07
have got it working, manually deleted all skin parts and readded them! Looking great!

duoduo
16-05-13, 08:25
For those of you that have the skin working, please can you post all the addons you have chosen to build your skin.

gsingh
16-05-13, 09:56
*sorry double post*

gsingh
16-05-13, 09:57

There you go mate. Try to delete all the skin parts first then manually add them one by one...a boring process but well worth it when everything works!

sgate
16-05-13, 10:39
got my working had to delete all the skin parts first then manually add them
here is what i have in my skin parts

duoduo
16-05-13, 14:17
Thanks guys i will give it a try when i get home. Just to confirm you delete all current settings, do i then need to reboot? Also can you both confirm that you have your picons showing on the info bar (across the bottom of the screen, bar that shows current programme)? Where the picon is meant to be on this bar mine just says the name of the skin creator (not Metrix)

sgate
16-05-13, 14:33
ok here is my final setup you need 2 sets of pico
pico 1 on /usr/share/enigma2
pico 2 on the root of the box

delete all the skin parts first then manually add them no need to reboot yet,
reboot when you have added the parts and save mymetrixHD
Here is what i have in my skin parts
i have just 11 skin parts

duoduo
16-05-13, 16:17
what do you mean of the box sgate? please can you tell me the path? Can i use the same picons for both?

sgate
16-05-13, 17:19
yes the same picons for both
the box ( your duo )

gsingh
16-05-13, 17:33
I deleted all the parts and saved and restarted gui with a naked skin :p then re-added all the parts, saved skin and restarted gui. The picons show up normally on mine saved on my usb in usb/picon path. No need to fiddle. Just check if your usb is mounted properly and the folder path and name is correct. It should just show up automatically. I dont have 2 sets of picon, just 1 on my usb the normal way. Also, make sure your using ocram SHD picons from here (http://ocram.github.io/picons/downloads.html).

Just a tip @igleave22 - dont store picons on hard drive as everytime you change channels, your hard disk will spin just for the picon, your better off putting them on a usb or flash memory if you got space.

scwheeler
16-05-13, 20:08
Definitely don't need Picons in Enigma2 if USB mounted and selected correctly.

Setting up Github so can be added to feeds - hope to have finished early weekend.

duoduo
16-05-13, 20:36
Although i didn't agree with having to inser picons in two separate areas i have given it a try and still had made no difference. I have completely removed all addons for the skin and added all the suggestive options previously most of which i was already using, the picons show on all relevant screens but still not on the main info bar. Can anyone else kindly suggest anything to get picons showing on info bar?

gsingh
16-05-13, 21:41
Full fresh flash! dont use backups...manually enter all your settings + metrix stuff... Its gonna be a long night... good luck :thumbsup:

also are you using a usb??

duoduo
16-05-13, 22:27
Not using usb mate. So go to menu and choose reset option. What if i revert to say a backup from before i installed the plugin? Why would this not solve the problem. Feel a little uneasy startng from scratch in casei f*ck up on a big scale, wouldn't know where to start putting some of the stuff back on duo

scwheeler
16-05-13, 22:38
Not an expert but I would make a backup now, and then try and restore from a previous backup. Worst case you can go back to right now. If you restore from backup, do not restore plugins as I bet this is the issue.

Having said that the beauty of vix is that it take about 5 mins to setup :)

gsingh
16-05-13, 22:49
Just make a full image backup. Then play with fresh flash, I wouldnt recommend restoring anything. Its happened to all of us, we all have had to do a fresh new flash for the sake of something to work and set up from scratch at some point so dont feel bad. It's all part of the fun having a duo!

@schweeler - any more exciting updates to come? And do you think that metrix is reaching or will reach its peak potential any time soon?

duoduo
17-05-13, 10:46
guys, i have done a back up.. please can you talk me through the steps to do as suggested above a completely new flash. Also can you tell me what i will lose as a consequence of doing this i.e. satellites, plugins, abm, cccam etc..

scwheeler
17-05-13, 12:36
@gsingh - not sure I would use exciting as refining now, but Timeshift screen coming soon. Also a pack of icons for the menus but this will come when in the feeds as I need to make some changes to the skin for them to display.

@igleave - the wizard should help you set most of these back up. I.e. you will re-setup the tuners and can then run ABM and CrossEPG and you will need to reinstall cccam. I'm sure someone can point you in the direction of a guide as I am at work.

Just make sure you have both a backup and full image backup from the VIX menu and if you can't re-set it up you can just restore back to this.

Larry-G
17-05-13, 12:41
guys, i have done a back up.. please can you talk me through the steps to do as suggested above a completely new flash. Also can you tell me what i will lose as a consequence of doing this i.e. satellites, plugins, abm, cccam etc..

The process of reflashing a receiver is akin to reloading windows on your PC, it will wipe EVERYTHING except any recordings etc that you may have on a HDD or USB stick.

duoduo
17-05-13, 15:10
Do you do factory reset before starting then

TK4|2|1
17-05-13, 16:38
This skin is a beast. Love the customization options available via the plugin.
Initially I had problems with it crashing when it was creating the skin.xml, but a swap file soon sorted that.
Well done to all involved. Keep up the good work.

Larry-G
17-05-13, 21:43
Do you do factory reset before starting then

No need as the flashing process it self first wipes the receivers flash before flashing the new image to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

duoduo
18-05-13, 08:32
Flash did the job guys, skin up and running just as it should.

scwheeler
18-05-13, 08:46
Awesome, pleased to hear it is now working.

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:06
Flash did the job guys, skin up and running just as it should.

Now thats the hardest part out of the way and you have performed your first full reflash, before long you will be able to do a full reflash and rebuild in 10 minutes or just because you feel like it.

Karl-Johan
18-05-13, 16:44
I can't get picons to show up using MetrixHD, all fine when using MetrixHD_Mod and any other skin from plugins download. :confused: :confused:

Any help is very much appreciated, because I really like this skin.

pr1s0m
18-05-13, 17:08
I can't get picons to show up using MetrixHD, all fine when using MetrixHD_Mod and any other skin from plugins download. :confused: :confused:

Any help is very much appreciated, because I really like this skin.

Are your picons stored on flash? If so try on usb

As i dont think the default info bar looks at /picon

duoduo
18-05-13, 18:00
I have done a reflash and put picons on usb now working fine, pain in the arse to do but if it fixes the problem. As suggested above try just putting picons on usb before reflash and see if it helps
Good luck

pr1s0m
18-05-13, 18:36
The reason for picons not working from /picon on flash is that metrixhd uses there own picon renderer called XPicon.py and this script doesnt search the /picon path

For picons to work from /picon on flash 4 new screen parts for the skin will need creating

Infobar
Secondinfobar
Eventview
ChannelSelection

When i get home ill code the screens up and upload them to the open store on the mymetrix plugin

Foxylady
18-05-13, 20:00
Only spotted this thread not 15 minutes ago.
Read through, easy install via flashfxp, then did mod 1.2 update which made it much much better.
I really love this skin, it has made my duo look even better.
I don't like mithering thus i read and tested skin first and all well.
The only issue is picons.
I usually have them on my usb so to save on internal which will not affect performance of box which i never have any issues with.
Can i ask is which picon set should i use as as some mention in the thread the current usb ones are not correct size.
Also can i place the new picons which others suggest in this post for me, on the usb drive.
Best wishes and thank you soooooooo much for this cracking skin.
You have done alot of hard work and thought put in to make it both operate and look good on my duo.
Thank you kindly :thumbsup:

pr1s0m
18-05-13, 20:10
use ocram shd picons these have the 220x132 dimensions

Foxylady
18-05-13, 20:15
Can i place them on my usb pendrive, once inserted into box, will box auto use them once box reboots?

Thank you

pr1s0m
18-05-13, 20:17
Yes picons will work from usb just not flash at the minute

Foxylady
18-05-13, 20:24
Where are these picons you mention?
Is there a link to manually install them as i preferre to do so.
Thank you

pr1s0m
18-05-13, 20:29
They are in feeds but if you want to do them manually just google ocram picons its the first link

duoduo
18-05-13, 20:38
As long as your usb has been mounted first you can simply transfer the picon folder on your pc to your usb and insert straight into your duo. Make sure your usb is formatted to FAT32..

Foxylady
18-05-13, 20:38
I have tried one set and still look fuzzy.
Do you know which picons are used as in the pictures supplied in 1st post as these are both black and perfect clarity.
Thank you again

duoduo
18-05-13, 20:40
I use oscram transparent and look great

Foxylady
18-05-13, 20:40
As long as your usb has been mounted first you can simply transfer the picon folder on your pc to your usb and insert straight into your duo. Make sure your usb is formatted to FAT32..
I understand that, that is what i did from 2 year ago as standard, BUT in order to use the other picons on larger scaling for new skin, i was asking if they are also manually downloadable and is it a simple case as i always do of downloading them, then put them in the folder on usb drive then reboot box.
Reason i need to ask if i can download them manually and install them directly on usb pendrive is if using picons in plugins and for say i select set of picons it does not show the usb pendrive ONLY hard drive and internal which i do not want.
The usb is mounted and always worked and currently using the standard picons but no option to install onto usb from plugins menu thus the manual option i preferre.
Thanks

Karl-Johan
18-05-13, 20:47
Do they have to be put on USB when I got a 256gb SSD drive in my Solo2.

pr1s0m
18-05-13, 20:53
@SLK350
No but i strongly advise against putting picons on hdd as the hdd will need to spin up every time you change a channel

@Foxylady
Ocran SHD - transparent-white-noborder

Thats the picon pack you need and yes just put them on usb/picon as usual

Karl-Johan
18-05-13, 21:08
@SLK350
No but i strongly advise against putting picons on hdd as the hdd will need to spin up every time you change a channel

@Foxylady

Not when it's an SSD and I disabled sleep timer.

Foxylady
18-05-13, 21:39
@SLK350

@Foxylady

Hi, i have downloaded a few sets to test, installed a set eachtime on pendrive in a fresh folder named picon as i deleted the original on pendrive as something i always do so not having anything old so no issues.
Anyhow, on 2 occassions installing shutting down duo and rebooting, the picons are not showing?
The older ones are still showing as thou picons have been installed elswhere WHICH i think might be one of picons sets from that site i installed ipk not downloaded zip file as not concentrating.
Is it this that is causing issue would you think as i do.
If so where have they been installed so i can remove them to stop any conflict whihc i think is why the ones on pendrive are not showing.
Thank you for your time, much apprecaited

Foxylady
18-05-13, 22:03
Going back to the loyal original skin once i do full reflash as since i started with this skin, certain things are no longer working and getting a few crashes.
Thanks for help on the matter, will leave it and get box back to no issue state as prior to this install.
Only take me 6 minutes get it up and running fully
Best wishes

jugulator
19-05-13, 09:31
Hi guys
Read through the thread. Quite interested to try this. Just to clarify, to install this can I just do the following steps?

1. Install the ipk from the link few post above

2. Download ocram SHD transparent picons and save it on USB

3. Install the skin from the plugin

4. Reboot

Should it all work then?

Anything else do I have to do?

Thanks for the great work.

roy0110
19-05-13, 10:14
Hi guys
Read through the thread. Quite interested to try this. Just to clarify, to install this can I just do the following steps?

4. Reboot

Should it all work then?

that sounds about right, although i installed the skin first, then downloaded picons from the feeds, installed on pen drive and all works fine.
dont forget to get the right location code for the weather widget (mentioned earlier on in this thread)

jugulator
19-05-13, 10:21
I am not really keen to see the weather momentarily on the TV when changing channels. So if dont need it is it just ok to leave it like that?

pr1s0m
19-05-13, 12:50
I am not really keen to see the weather momentarily on the TV when changing channels. So if dont need it is it just ok to leave it like that?

You can have the weather on infobar, secondinfobar or none at all its up to you how you customise it

Karl-Johan
19-05-13, 14:45
The reason for picons not working from /picon on flash is that metrixhd uses there own picon renderer called XPicon.py and this script doesnt search the /picon path

For picons to work from /picon on flash 4 new screen parts for the skin will need creating

Infobar
Secondinfobar
Eventview
ChannelSelection

When i get home ill code the screens up and upload them to the open store on the mymetrix plugin

Are they up yet, if so where can I find them?

Foxylady
19-05-13, 18:24
Good day to all,
Tried again today and installed skin, all working well no crashes.
Ok from what i have learnt is if i download the picons as suggested manually to pc and then install to pendrive, they will not work.
For soem reason this skin does not see the usb pendrive.
Why i say this, is when i downloaded the picons as suggested i.e transparent which look very nice and correct size in info bar, when it asks me if i want to install, the only options this skins gives is both my hard drive and internal flash.
In order to have the picons working in this skin i had to test internal as hard drive is a no no, due to constant booting each time channel is changed.
Has this been mentioned already as i can not see it has from what i have read.
Also is there a future fix for this?

Opinons as regards possible changes:-

Could you kindly have the time showing when sat is moving to another sat like in the openvix?

when using crossepg, could you possibly change the colours/look to the menu as the look at moment looks like the dreambox menu and nasty cheap looking which ruins the hard work of way you have made the skin to look on other things?

lastly for now lol when i press up on middle circle on remote, it brings up bouquets, is it possible that the picon can be showing of each channel?

Thank you once again for this skin.

I have had more time to read further and not rush in order to get a perfectly operating skin.

Best wishes :D

Foxylady
19-05-13, 19:04
No confused as hell lol
Read more in this thread and see another skin made.
So i put default skin back on box, rebooted, then removed the metrixhd mod folder from internal.
No issues with box crashing etc, back on openvix skin.
So now i installed the new skin ipk and now mymetro and open store are in the plugins list.
If i go to system and skin, the new skin is not there to activate like other's.
How do i get this skin to operate?
Thank you

jugulator
19-05-13, 20:21
Hi guys

4. Reboot

Should it all work then?

I did exactly as above. At step 4, I go to my metrix in plugin and the select skin part settings and as soon as select something with green button, box crashes.! What am I doing wrong? Do I have to do anything before I select skin part settings?

Foxylady
19-05-13, 21:36
Can i ask, Do i need the original metrixhd mod folder in the enigma 2 folder then install the mymetrix etc afterwards?
As i deleted it first then install the my matrix ipk file.
Thanks

scwheeler
19-05-13, 21:42
Jugulator- Steps in your post are correct - have you installed any add-ons? Some are not compatible with VIX, can only suggest default and the ones by me.

Foxylady - glad you're persevering, no you do not need the original metrixhd_mod folder.

jugulator
19-05-13, 22:00
Jugulator- Steps in your post are correct - have you installed any add-ons? Some are not compatible with VIX, can only suggest default and the ones by me.

Foxylady - glad you're persevering, no you do not need the original metrixhd_mod folder.

Thanks. YOu mean addon from Mymetrix? No I did not. I saved my metrix and activated the skin. But I cannot see any info bar or pico when press ok button. When I press again, I can see the second info bar, but not the first. Not sure what to do. Also the the font in the channel list looks a bit fuzzy.

Could anyone give a step by step guidance on what to do once I have the installed the Mymetrix plugin? Thanks

scwheeler
19-05-13, 23:04
Check in the myMetrix > SkinParts that you have either "Default - InfoBar (IB)" or "Modern - InfoBar (IB)" selected. This is shown by a green icon next to them. Then select "Save my MetrixHD" and reboot.

If not perhaps Igleave22 or someone else can explain what they did

Lothar2
20-05-13, 08:08
Ok from what i have learnt is if i download the picons as suggested manually to pc and then install to pendrive, they will not work.
For soem reason this skin does not see the usb pendrive.

On my VuDuo the skin see the pendrive and manually added Picons work nice in EPG and Infobar. The pendrive must mounted as /mnt/usb/.
/mnt/usb2/ will not work!

My only two Problems:
-I have installed skinpart Moviselectionlist with Picons, but i have no Picon in this List.
-In the SIB screen will not show the IB

Foxylady
20-05-13, 10:33
How d i get this mymetrix skin working.
This is part that is throwing me off.
Thanks

TK4|2|1
20-05-13, 15:09
How d i get this mymetrix skin working.
This is part that is throwing me off.
Thanks

You pick all the parts you want in myMetrix skin parts, exit then press save settings. Box will do its thing and create a skin.xml, then it will ask if you want to apply this skin, select yes and box will reboot.

If you don't see the part at the end that says do you want to apply, try creating a swap file on your USB stick. Mine kept crashing until I did this, ran out of memory I guess.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

Foxylady
20-05-13, 15:35
Thank you for your reply.
If i press enable on aything, my box crashes so i assume from what you said, i may not have sufficent memory?
How do i create a swap file and what is it's purpose so i understand what i am doing.
Best wishes

duoduo
20-05-13, 15:36
Make sure you delete all previous versions of MetrixHD stored on your receiver.

Firstly it is advisable to do a full backup of your image. Download the correct CCcam (I use 2.3.0) zip and Vix 665 zip from openvix, make sure your USB is format to FAT32, mounted and nothing is saved on it already. Remove all USB from the box, power box down with remote and then switch off at the back. Insert USB with the VUduo folder (665) on and insert into front port and switch on. Go through the wizard, whatever you do dont choose restore option it needs to be completely new flash. Once finished and set up do full reboot. When box has reloaded delete image off USB and add the picon folder (make sure folder is named picon in lower case) insert into port at back of box and do full reboot again (maybe full reboot not necessary but this method usually fixes any issues I have). Once reloaded FTP the new MetrixHD ipk to tmp folder (previous post on this thread) and manually install blue button vix install local image ** do not at this stage add any other plugins** fully reboot box.

On restart go to plugins, open store plugin and build your skin (only choose default/Scwheeler options to begin with) than go and save the skin. It will take about a minute to build and then hopefully it will give you the option to restart GUI (it has crashed on me at this stage previously and if so it wouldnt have saved the skin) choose no and then do a full reboot.

Once it restarts the box should be fully functional with the new skin, you can now go back to Open Store plugin and start to build the skin with the other available options you may experience further crashes because not all the options are fully compatible I have found (trial and error) but atleast the skin works.

This is only my opinion but i think that there maybe other plugins that stop the skin working properly, i have added one plugin each day since i got my Eureka moment last week to try and eliminate the problem, all ok so far i wont say which plugins I am using due to legal reasons but the ones from feeds seems to have caused no issues i.e. On Demand, Airplayer etc

duoduo
20-05-13, 15:37
Forgot to mention I deleted all skins except Vix night prior to starting because one of my previous error messages was due to low memory..

TK4|2|1
20-05-13, 15:43
Thank you for your reply.
If i press enable on aything, my box crashes so i assume from what you said, i may not have sufficent memory?
How do i create a swap file and what is it's purpose so i understand what i am doing.
Best wishes

Vix menu, blue button.

Foxylady
20-05-13, 16:13
Make sure you delete all previous versions of MetrixHD stored on your receiver.

Firstly it is advisable to do a full backup of your image. Download the correct CCcam (I use 2.3.0) zip and Vix 665 zip from openvix, make sure your USB is format to FAT32, mounted and nothing is saved on it already. Remove all USB from the box, power box down with remote and then switch off at the back. Insert USB with the VUduo folder (665) on and insert into front port and switch on. Go through the wizard, whatever you do dont choose restore option it needs to be completely new flash. Once finished and set up do full reboot. When box has reloaded delete image off USB and add the picon folder (make sure folder is named picon in lower case) insert into port at back of box and do full reboot again (maybe full reboot not necessary but this method usually fixes any issues I have). Once reloaded FTP the new MetrixHD ipk to tmp folder (previous post on this thread) and manually install blue button vix install local image ** do not at this stage add any other plugins** fully reboot box.

On restart go to plugins, open store plugin and build your skin (only choose default/Scwheeler options to begin with) than go and save the skin. It will take about a minute to build and then hopefully it will give you the option to restart GUI (it has crashed on me at this stage previously and if so it wouldnt have saved the skin) choose no and then do a full reboot.

Once it restarts the box should be fully functional with the new skin, you can now go back to Open Store plugin and start to build the skin with the other available options you may experience further crashes because not all the options are fully compatible I have found (trial and error) but atleast the skin works.

This is only my opinion but i think that there maybe other plugins that stop the skin working properly, i have added one plugin each day since i got my Eureka moment last week to try and eliminate the problem, all ok so far i wont say which plugins I am using due to legal reasons but the ones from feeds seems to have caused no issues i.e. On Demand, Airplayer etc

I never do backup always full reflash, i know what i am doing with all that, 6 minutes, all settings done and running, trust me i am quick now lol.
Only use 221 cam and never an issue.
Only add on i have is freeview player, box is used only for one purpose mainly, basically like xbox 360, i use it only for gaming, not internet, youtube, etc keeping it simple as i have other thigns to do other task.
It is the thread all messy with numerous questions replies and it gets out of control and confusing.
Your post is the first one which narrows alot down and now i understand from this once skin is installed all other options are simply add ons for personal preference.
Once everyone asleep i will commence THE INSALLLLLLLLL lol.
Top man.
I will return hopefully with success.
Best wishes and thank you for clearing that up.

duoduo
20-05-13, 18:27
You are welcome, glad to offer something back. I hope it all goes ok for you, any further questions please just ask where i can help i will.

Foxylady
20-05-13, 18:43
Are you referring to OpenStore-MyMetrix_2.0 ipk
As this is only ipk i can find.
Other files in thread are metrixhd mod 2.0 but they are not ipk files.
Thanks

roy0110
20-05-13, 18:48
Are you referring to OpenStore-MyMetrix_2.0 ipk
As this is only ipk i can find.
Other files in thread are metrixhd mod 2.0 but they are not ipk files.
Thanks

thats the one

scwheeler
20-05-13, 22:25
On my VuDuo the skin see the pendrive and manually added Picons work nice in EPG and Infobar. The pendrive must mounted as /mnt/usb/.
/mnt/usb2/ will not work!

My only two Problems:
-I have installed skinpart Moviselectionlist with Picons, but i have no Picon in this List.
-In the SIB screen will not show the IB

Lothar - Good spot on Movieselectionlist - this will be fixed when MetrixHD added to the feeds (uses a renderer not installed by default)
- SIB - try installing the modern style SIB and see if it works (the default one did not work for me either)

jugulator
21-05-13, 07:15
Does anyone have issues with softcam s after installing this skin?

Sowa
21-05-13, 10:34
I apologize for my English - Google translator.

No need to install the new firmware.
You must remove the existing (if set) version of the skin MymetrixHD.
With an established skinned MyMetrixHD_MOD quite compatible.

To manually remove the need to gain access to your receiver via FTP (for example through DCC_E2 v.1.5) and delete the following folders:
(See the attached screenshots)
and files: (with the same name *.py and *.pyo)

From folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter
ClockToTextMod.py, -.pyo
EventNameMod.py, -.pyo
MetrixCombinedEventName.py, -.pyo
MetrixRefString.py, -.pyo
MetrixWeather.py, -.pyo
RemainingToTextMod.py, -.pyo
ServiceName2.pyo

From folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer
XPicon.py, -.pyo
XPiconChannel.py, -.pyo

Tonight I will lay out your skin and makeup work (edited) skin.hml

Sowa
21-05-13, 15:11
We also managed to show a lack of SIB.
"Default HealthWidget" (IB & SIB) does not show show SIB, because converters used for VTI image.
Here is my set of Skinparts which is generated by working skin.hml. If you need, a set "HealthWdget with ECM info (SIB)"
from scwheeler

2 scwheeler
It is advisable to add "MetrixHD colored buttons" for SIB.

scwheeler
21-05-13, 21:02
Hi Sowa, MetrixHD coloured buttons for SIB is online :)

stav81244
22-05-13, 13:59
Hi

I haven't installed nothing as of yet and i currently use the skin from the first few pages of the topic. Can you please let me know how i install this skin and eg extras onto my receiver (TM TWIN)? Also can you please let me know if i need to remove anything and what needs to be installed to get to where everyone is on the last message.

Your help is much appreciated.

andyblac
22-05-13, 17:11
setup a git, and i could build for feeds.

scwheeler
22-05-13, 20:31
Thanks Andy - it is very nearly there ;)

Stav - at this stage I would wait and and get from the feeds very soon. I hope you will not have to uninstall anything this way.

Sowa
22-05-13, 21:44
2 scwheeler
Hi
SkinPart - screen for vix plugin TempFanControl

<!-- /*ViX system plugin TempFanControl -->
<screen backgroundColor="metrixBackground" flags="wfNoBorder" name="TempFanControl" position="center,center" size="570,400" title="Fan Control">
<ePixmap pixmap="MetrixHD/buttons/key_red.png" position="10,360" size="140,40" alphatest="on" />
<ePixmap pixmap="MetrixHD/buttons/key_green.png" position="290,360" size="140,40" alphatest="on" />
<widget source="red" render="Label" position="45,360" zPosition="1" size="140,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="center" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="green" render="Label" position="325,360" zPosition="1" size="140,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="center" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget backgroundColor="metrixBackground" font="SetrixHD; 32" halign="center" position="10,10" render="Label" size="550,50" source="Title" transparent="1" zPosition="1" />
<widget name="config" position="10,70" size="550,120" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" />
<widget source="SensorTempText0" render="Label" position="10,210" zPosition="1" size="90,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="top" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="SensorTemp0" render="Label" position="100,210" zPosition="1" size="100,20" font="Regular;19" halign="right">
<convert type="SensorToText">
</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="SensorTempText1" render="Label" position="10,250" zPosition="1" size="90,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="top" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="SensorTemp1" render="Label" position="100,250" zPosition="1" size="100,20" font="Regular;19" halign="right">
</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="SensorTempText2" render="Label" position="10,290" zPosition="1" size="90,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="top" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="SensorTemp2" render="Label" position="100,290" zPosition="1" size="100,20" font="Regular;19" halign="right">
</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="SensorFanText0" render="Label" position="290,210" zPosition="1" size="150,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="top" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="SensorFan0" render="Label" position="440,210" zPosition="1" size="120,20" font="Regular;19" halign="right">
</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="SensorFanText1" render="Label" position="290,250" zPosition="1" size="150,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="top" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="SensorFan1" render="Label" position="440,250" zPosition="1" size="120,20" font="Regular;19" halign="right">
</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="SensorFanText2" render="Label" position="290,290" zPosition="1" size="150,40" font="Regular;20" halign="left" valign="top" backgroundColor="metrixBackground" transparent="1" />
<widget source="SensorFan2" render="Label" position="439,290" zPosition="1" size="120,20" font="Regular;19" halign="right">
</convert>
</widget>
</screen>
<!-- ViX system plugin TempFanControl*/ -->

scwheeler
23-05-13, 20:56
Thanks Sowa, your skinpart is uploaded here :)

http://live.mymetrix.de/?page=view-skinpart&skinpart_id=145&titleext=Temp%20&amp;%20Fan%20control%20for%20Vix%20by %20Sowa

jugulator
23-05-13, 21:09
I find the epg a bit slow since using this skin. Normally solo 2 flies. But now there's a delay between pressing the epg key and display showing up. Anyone experience this? Wonder of its because if the large picons? Same with mini epg (right direction key).

scwheeler
23-05-13, 21:55
Jugulator - Possibly on solo2, but I have just compared to VixBMC and Night on Duo and can't tell the difference

stav81244
25-05-13, 17:01
Any updat?

Karl-Johan
25-05-13, 20:01
Still wondering how I can get picons to show in this skin on my VU+ Solo2. Picons do work on the MOD theme.

scwheeler
25-05-13, 21:27
Stav- will be in the feeds very soon, then some small updates for epg, timeshift window for vix with current timeshift programme.

SLK - No picons at all? Imaxx changed the picon renderer, and as it worked it here i was loathed to change it to keep future updates. Can you check you have XPicon.py, XPicon.pyo, XPiconChannel.py, XpiconChannel.pyo in usr/lib/enigma2/components/renderer.

gsingh
25-05-13, 22:43
Same for me, skin and picons working fine on my duo, but on solo just did a fresh new install, installed ipk and applied the skin, no picons being picked up from my usb. USB is mounted as /media/hdd and formatted to ext4.

gsingh
25-05-13, 23:03
working fine now...changed usb mount from hdd to usb!

scwheeler
26-05-13, 08:38
Pleased to hear that gsingh - SLK does that help you?

Karl-Johan
26-05-13, 15:01
Pleased to hear that gsingh - SLK does that help you?

No joy here, can you please explain how to install them on usb?

Karl-Johan
26-05-13, 15:48
No joy here, can you please explain how to install them on usb?

Just found out that this xpicon shd package is available in pluginspanel. After install from there it works fine except for channels on 0,8w that wont show picon. 4,8e, 13e and 19,2e are fine. Anyone knows whats up with 0,8w? Im using default satellites.xml.

scwheeler
26-05-13, 19:13
Can't answer your question as doesn't use this, but pleased you've got some.

jugulator
28-05-13, 20:16
My epg has gotten more slower now. Now, for the first time, I am getting a message "please while gathering data" when I press epg button on solo2. When I change the skin back to vix night theme also I get the same. So not sure if its entirely due to the skin. But this started since I installed this skin. Any other solo2 users experience this?

Another this I noticed is that the digit "2" and 8 appear cut. I think it is to do with the font.

pr1s0m
28-05-13, 20:42
My epg has gotten more slower now. Now, for the first time, I am getting a message "please while gathering data" when I press epg button on solo2. When I change the skin back to vix night theme also I get the same. So not sure if its entirely due to the skin. But this started since I installed this skin. Any other solo2 users experience this?

Another this I noticed is that the digit "2" and 8 appear cut. I think it is to do with the font.

This has nothing to do with the skin its a new feature in the vix image itself

So it will happen with all skins from now on

shizik
28-05-13, 21:11
This has nothing to do with the skin its a new feature in the vix image itself

So it will happen with all skins from now on

what feature is that ? and whats the point to have that feature if it slow the box ?

jugulator
28-05-13, 22:55
what feature is that ? and whats the point to have that feature if it slow the box ?

Exactly! A "feature" to make the box slower!! Normally if I press epg button, there was no perceivable delay between pressing and displaying the epg. But lately, there is one second delay showing this message.

Delagroov
29-05-13, 05:29
Exactly! A "feature" to make the box slower!! Normally if I press epg button, there was no perceivable delay between pressing and displaying the epg. But lately, there is one second delay showing this message.

With next image update, this message will be gone for boxes with faster cpu as the solo2..

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/c031590b0bb3a871f6aa911203353af8873ee3d5

Larry-G
29-05-13, 05:35

There was never a feature to make any thing slower on the image. We simply placed a message in the EPG screen that said some thing to the effect of " please wait while gathering data" rather than having a blank screen. This is just reassure the user that something is happening, on some boxes it made the EPG a little slower to open by 1 second, but that was never intended.

jugulator
29-05-13, 13:59
There was never a feature to make any thing slower on the image. We simply placed a message in the EPG screen that said some thing to the effect of " please wait while gathering data" rather than having a blank screen. This is just reassure the user that something is happening, on some boxes it made the EPG a little slower to open by 1 second, but that was never intended.

Thanks. That makes sense. You might want to consider taking it off for faster boxes like suggested above.

Larry-G
29-05-13, 14:07
Thanks. That makes sense. You might want to consider taking it off for faster boxes like suggested above.

That is exactly what has been done for the next release.

scwheeler
31-05-13, 13:06
Update:

New skinpart available from the Openstore for VIX timeshift displaying the programme currently viewing.

Also working with Sowa, I have updated some old screens and added some previously unskinned VIX specific screens. These will not be launched as skinparts and will be built directly into the skin. This will be available when MetrixHD is in the feeds, which should be from the next update build 669.

Lothar2
02-06-13, 10:45
Hello scwheeler,

is there a way to add the green/red dot for new aviable VIX-updates in the InfoBar?

Thx

scwheeler
02-06-13, 13:58
Hi Lothar - I will find it and add it :)