PDA

View Full Version : Vix Image Help

alanbk
03-04-13, 15:13
Hi Everyone. Badly need help here. I am running a Vu+Duo on Vix Image Duo Release V2.10 with no problem for last few years. All of a sudden today the TV screen has a load of white lines over the TV picture. If I change the mode from 1080i to 720, the lines disappear but the picture at this resolution is very poor. Any ideas ? I have restored the image a few times but the problem persists. I have attached a jpg.Thanks.

Larry-G
03-04-13, 15:24
Hi Everyone. Badly need help here. I am running a Vu+Duo on Vix Image Duo Release V2.10 with no problem for last few years. All of a sudden today the TV screen has a load of white lines over the TV picture. If I change the mode from 1080i to 720, the lines disappear but the picture at this resolution is very poor. Any ideas ? I have restored the image a few times but the problem persists. I have attached a jpg.Thanks.

I cant see it being a image problem but if it is there is nothing we can really do to help. This image can no longer receive bug fixes or updates.

You may not want to hear this but it may be best to just cut your losses and update to a newer image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

alanbk
03-04-13, 16:21
You are spot on. I was about to post further information. I tried all sorts of things, swopping box from one room to another and the problem was not replicated in another room !!! So, I simply unplugged my Sony TV and voila !!!! Problem sorted. Feel a bit of a fool but this has been such a reliable box that I really thought there might have been a more serious problem. Thanks for taking the time to post and BTW, what image would you suggest I upgrade to ?? Thanks again, :)

Larry-G
03-04-13, 16:28
You are spot on. I was about to post further information. I tried all sorts of things, swopping box from one room to another and the problem was not replicated in another room !!! So, I simply unplugged my Sony TV and voila !!!! Problem sorted. Feel a bit of a fool but this has been such a reliable box that I really thought there might have been a more serious problem. Thanks for taking the time to post and BTW, what image would you suggest I upgrade to ?? Thanks again, :)

Try the very latest ViX 3.0-632 build or higher from www.openvix.co.uk but you will first need to update the bootloader which can also be downloaded from the above site.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

psionguy
04-04-13, 13:25
I also had this problem and it was my Panasonic TV, turned off at the mains for a few second and rebooted problem solved, worth trying. But agree with the other posts that you should upgrade your firmware to the latest version.