PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Unstable Builds after 632

craig37
03-04-13, 10:38
Hi Guy's

Can I ask a silly question..? I'm currently running build 632 which is working perfectly. When checking updates it tell's me there are several updates after this build of which I can go in and view the changes. On the first menu in updates it states that its "unstable"? The silly question is ... do I install the updates ?

Sorry this may sound stupid, but the update i did prior to 632 failed to start.

Regards

garyblas
03-04-13, 12:20
Hi Guy's

Can I ask a silly question..? I'm currently running build 632 which is working perfectly. When checking updates it tell's me there are several updates after this build of which I can go in and view the changes. On the first menu in updates it states that its "unstable"? The silly question is ... do I install the updates ?

Sorry this may sound stupid, but the update i did prior to 632 failed to start.

Regards

build 643 working ok for me

craig37
03-04-13, 20:05
Updated sytem and its crashed .. get the blue screen loading for a couple of seconds with the Vix sign... then it freezes :mad:

judge
03-04-13, 20:14
Can you upload the generated crash logs please.
Also, what build did you update to/from?
what skin were you using before updating?
What box areyou using...

craig37
03-04-13, 20:28
Hi Judge

I was running vix 632 with night skins and just did the auto update that was going to take me to 643.. All I have on the tv is the open vix home page ..I have acess via filezilla .. Can i get log from filezilla anywhere ( Sorry newbie) here

judge
03-04-13, 20:33
Hi Judge

I was running vix 632 with night skins and just did the auto update that was going to take me to 643.. All I have on the tv is the open vix home page ..I have acess via filezilla .. Can i get log from filezilla anywhere ( Sorry newbie) here

Yes, if it is an E2 boot loop, crash logs are generated by default in /home/root/logs/
I've just updated 4 different boxes to 643 without issue, so something else going on there...

craig37
03-04-13, 20:48
Judge reflashed before access logs Sorry. Could have been helpful Have reflashed with 632 and then updated straight away to 643 .. System started ust nned to reconfigure eberything again . But I will know next time .. Learn by are mistakes as they say
|Thanks