PDA

View Full Version : Coolepg and VU_HD_Plus skin

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 11:07
Hi all, many thanks for the great job your all doing, much appreciated (even my wife now likes the VUduo)

I've just enabled the picture in graphics and had a play.

I've set it to display 5 items so that the Picons still display.

I've gone through the 4 installed Skins (750S, Default Skin, VU_HD and VU HD Plus) and the pic only seems to display on the VU_HD_Plus skin, doesn't display on the rest. That's no big deal for me as I don't like the other skins, just letting you know for your info.

What would be nice is if there was a way on the VU_HD_Plus skin to get rid of the huge banner at the top and shrink the banner at the bottom. That would allow for another 2 rows of programs.

Or possibly an option to display just a couple of hrs worth of EPG with the program info underneath the TV pic to allow for a full screens worth of channels?

I also enabled Cool3D at the same time, tried standard, skin design and my design (they all seem the same)

It's a little glitchy.

If say I move right 3 or 4 programs, sometimes the fonts on the programs I've moved off, get corrupted (need to go down and back up a page to get them back)

Also (this happens whether I'm using Cool3D or not), the light blue highlight to show what program your looking at is buggy. Sometimes I can move right say 4 programs, then if I move 4 programs to the left, all 4 of them are highlighted. Sometimes after I've gone around the screen there's numerous programs on different lines highlighted.

andyblac
02-10-10, 11:14
Hi all, many thanks for the great job your all doing, much appreciated (even my wife now likes the VUduo)

I've gone through the 4 installed Skins (750S, Default Skin, VU_HD and VU HD Plus) and the pic only seems to display on the VU_HD_Plus skin, doesn't display on the rest. That's no big deal for me as I don't like the other skins, just letting you know for your info.

What would be nice is if there was a way on the VU_HD_Plus skin to get rid of the huge banner at the top and shrink the banner at the bottom. That would allow for another 2 rows of programs.

Or possibly an option to display just a couple of hrs worth of EPG with the program info underneath the TV pic to allow for a full screens worth of channels?

I also enabled Cool3D at the same time, tried standard, skin design and my design (they all seem the same)

It's a little glitchy.

If say I move right 3 or 4 programs, sometimes the fonts on the programs I've moved off, get corrupted (need to go down and back up a page to get them back)

Also (this happens whether I'm using Cool3D or not), the light blue highlight to show what program your looking at is buggy. Sometimes I can move right say 4 programs, then if I move 4 programs to the left, all 4 of them are highlighted. Sometimes after I've gone around the screen there's numerous programs on different lines highlighted.

for the other skins, i'll looking to the code to see whats wong.

as for the banner thing that is the style of Vu_HD_plus, i'll see if i can code FULLSCREEN version a bit later.

as the glitches i dont get this at all

EDIT:
i have fixed the default PIG skin, for the next update.

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 12:00
as for the banner thing that is the style of Vu_HD_plus, i'll see if i can code FULLSCREEN version a bit later.

Many thanks. we like to keep you busy :)

as the glitches i dont get this at all
I seem to be good at being the only one that experiences problems lol. Might dig the camera out later and take some pics

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 16:35
Well I've done something wrong. What the epg shows and what actually is on are two different things on a fair few channels.

Ch4 should be friends now according to epg but it's hollyoaks (info bar shows correct program)
More 4 says it's location location and it's a film called The battle of the river plate.

Odd

andyblac
02-10-10, 16:41
Well I've done something wrong. What the epg shows and what actually is on are two different things on a fair few channels.

Ch4 should be friends now according to epg but it's hollyoaks (info bar shows correct program)
More 4 says it's location location and it's a film called The battle of the river plate.

Odd

channel 4 is come dine with me :D, even sky epg says the same

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 17:20
Oops, should have been E4.

E4+1 on the epg says Samantha Who followed by Friends, but is Hollyoaks omnibus.

Maybe it's just the channels I decided to look at lol

andyblac
02-10-10, 17:22
Oops, should have been E4.

E4+1 on the epg says Samantha Who followed by Friends, but is Hollyoaks omnibus.

Maybe it's just the channels I decided to look at lol

then they could have had a last minute change what does it say the the paper tv guide ?

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 17:49
Somethings screwy with my setup lol. I downloaded the

"Sly UK Bouquets v3.6 1st October 2010 by B16MCC" earlier.

I changed BBC1 to BBC 1 East and ITV to Anglia as shown in this screen shot of my settings.

On the next screen you can see that while the description at the top is for Xfactor, what's in the EPG isn't. Also note that BBC1 is North West and ITV is Granada????

The next 3 pics show the glitches I'm getting, garbage text and more than one thing highlighted.

Not doing very well lol.

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 18:15
I seem to have fixed all my problems.

Sent across my channel list I was using yesterday and the channels are now correct.

I stopped using the Coolepg update and instead used Satman under RyViX.

Now all channel info is correct and the graphical glitches have gone :D

Only one small annoying thing :D, when I press the green button to set a timer, whatever program I'm on goes to red. But 9 times out of 10 once I've moved off, or if I go back into the epg, it doesn't show as red unless I move the cursor onto the actual program. This will lead to my wife screaming at me when she browses through the epg that I've forgotten to set up xyz to record :D

philsat
03-10-10, 09:45

It's a little glitchy.

How do you enable picture in guide?

ta

phil

philsat
03-10-10, 10:51
How do you enable picture in guide?

ta

phil

Did a software update and now found the option.

phil

Stanman
03-10-10, 22:06
Somethings screwy with my setup lol. I downloaded the

"Sly UK Bouquets v3.6 1st October 2010 by B16MCC" earlier.

I changed BBC1 to BBC 1 East and ITV to Anglia as shown in this screen shot of my settings.

On the next screen you can see that while the description at the top is for Xfactor, what's in the EPG isn't. Also note that BBC1 is North West and ITV is Granada????

The next 3 pics show the glitches I'm getting, garbage text and more than one thing highlighted.

Not doing very well lol.

How do you still have the picons after enabling PIP? I enabled PIP but lose the Picons

koyote_0942
03-10-10, 23:31
with dmconcinnity-hd skin not work PIG only with HD_Plus skin?

Ojustaboo
04-10-10, 00:15
How do you still have the picons after enabling PIP? I enabled PIP but lose the Picons

By only displaying 5 rows at a time (think I pressed menu with the epg up and it's in there somewhere)

dfdream
04-10-10, 09:06
Also if you press the help button in coolepg it shows the options that are available.
I think in coolepg pressing the 7 button changes the number of rows that appear and when the number of lines reduces the picons appear.

D

andyblac
04-10-10, 10:46
with dmconcinnity-hd skin not work PIG only with HD_Plus skin?

fixed in coming update,

Stanman
04-10-10, 19:05
By only displaying 5 rows at a time (think I pressed menu with the epg up and it's in there somewhere)

I pressed 7 to reduce the rows but still no joy - how you get 5 by default?

andyblac
04-10-10, 20:12
I pressed 7 to reduce the rows but still no joy - how you get 5 by default?

in setup, press 'MENU' whilst in CoolTVGuide

Stanman
04-10-10, 21:02
Thanks mate it is indeed menu in coolepg and than change the 7 for number of lines to 6 and picons are there