PDA

View Full Version : Not getting all subscribed HD channels

hobartpaving
02-04-13, 22:10
I flashed the firmware and updated the image from VIX 1.3 to OE3.0 (build 632) and am using CCcam 2.2.1.
Since doing this I've lost access to a lot of the HD channels on my Sly card subscription. No sport or movies in either HD or SD but other channels I do get the SD and +1 version. I get C5 HD but no ITV HD except ITV1 HD.
Out of desperation I've also tried CCcam 2.3 but still no joy. I'm stumped !. Anything I need to do ?.

cwebb66
02-04-13, 23:35
try a rescan of 28.2 channels

satmanbasil
03-04-13, 01:44
hi mate

one word ..... boxkey cccam have you checked?

hobartpaving
03-04-13, 05:18
I did a re-scan of 28.2 but it was still the same.
I did have to re-make the .cfg file as I forgot to save it before I updated but I was pretty sure I did it right. I'll re-do that when I get back from work this afternoon.
Thanks.

hobartpaving
03-04-13, 15:44
So much frustration and it looks like it was me not following the guide to the letter.
While I was doing all the .cfg tinkering and FTP transfers and Enigma restarts I had the card in the box.
Did it all without it in the Duo. Took it out, powered down, put it back, powered back up and to my joy success.
Happy now :thumbsup:

hobartpaving
25-12-13, 12:41
Aaaargh... I thought I had this old problem sorted but I'm struggling again.
I hadn't turned my Duo on for a good while and all my Sly channels had gone so I put the card back in my Sly box, logged in to my account and re-activated the card. Left it in my Sly box for a while and all the channels worked fine. Putting it back in the Duo I was missing a lot of the HD channels but I get the SD versions. Also some of the subscription channels are missing in both HD and SD (sports).
I've tried deleting and re-installing the CCcam 2.2.1 enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk and the CCcam.cfg the same way I did before which I thought was what sorted it but to no avail.
I also remade the .cfg for the bottom slot but still the same.

Surely as I'm getting some of my subscription channels the .cfg file is correct so what am I not doing right ?????. Will it only work if things are done in an absolute order ?.

I'm running Vix 3.0 build 808.

satcat
25-12-13, 13:08
check your card id.. you,ll probably see a extra 0 at the end..which means your boxkey no longer works in your Cfg file..............theres fixs out there,, take a look, cheers satcat

hobartpaving
25-12-13, 14:21
I put the card back in the Sly box and went to system details to check the card serial number and it is the same 10 numbers (plus the extra number after a space) that I used to make the .cfg file.
I've also made a .cfg file from my multi-room Sly box/card and get the same outcome.

It's crap having to watch SD.

nirmies
25-12-13, 15:18
Sounds like you may have paired the card to sky box. I hope not as I do not know which channels clear after pairing.

There is another thread running where someone is having similar problems.

hobartpaving
25-12-13, 16:49
I've just seen the other thread and it does look like the same problem.
Surely all cards have to be paired to a Sly box so will have been in one at some stage. Or is this just an issue for us poor unfortunates that have just stuck them back in our boxes recently ?.

nirmies
25-12-13, 17:30
It's a new pairing method. Been going on a while now but new process.

hobartpaving
25-12-13, 18:05
If there's a workaround perhaps some kind soul could knock up guide ?. Or at least point us in the right direction. The current stickies are obviously out of date.

DaveNE
25-12-13, 18:11
Hi Guys,

Not sure if mine is the other thread you're referring to, but I also am having probs with getting the sly card to work in my Solo2. The box itself is new, and my first Linux box so possibly me doing something wrong, but I can get no sports or movie channels either HD or SD, and really looking to see if I can get this sorted. I'll keep trying things at my end, but any insight or solution you may find I'd be interested to hear about, and equally I'll post here if I get sorted.

Cheers,

Dave

nirmies
25-12-13, 19:59
If card has been in box and has paired there is no current way to get it working again using equipment you already own.

I have read people were getting sky to re pair card to a certain Thompson box as this box was not capable of handling new software update and would not pair card if inserted into it.

The problem is I think they have now stopped doing this as they realised what people were doing. They could still but it's anyone's guess if they do.

DaveNE
25-12-13, 23:05
This may be true, and I've similarly read about people hanging on to Thompson boxes etc, but even so I understood that sports/movies were still working in SD i.e. only HD sports/movies had been blocked?

hobartpaving
25-12-13, 23:12
Bummer. That has really limited what I use my Duo for. I certainly wouldn't be investing in any Enigma 2 device now knowing that.
Hopefully someone will find a way around it.

nirmies
25-12-13, 23:48
This may be true, and I've similarly read about people hanging on to Thompson boxes etc, but even so I understood that sports/movies were still working in SD i.e. only HD sports/movies had been blocked?

I have not come across definitive information on what clears or doesn't after pairing has been implemented.

The Thompson box was just a workaround but they soon clocked on from what I've read. Not read anything lately about anyone having any success in getting their card "working" again.

Larry-G
26-12-13, 00:05
I have not come across definitive information on what clears or doesn't after pairing has been implemented.

Movies and sports in my case ( the SD versions ) as i dont have a HD sub, i can still get all the others such as discovery channels etc, to be honest though i have not really looked into it as my main card still works fine it was just my second card that got hit.

DaveNE
26-12-13, 14:13
I'm sure I'm going to over simplify things here, but presumably the additional check is for the receiver ID which will be unique, therefore is it not possible to put the receiver ID number into the config file somehow? As I'm looking to use my Sly receiver at home and my Vu Solo2 when I'm in my motorhome with the same card (but not at the same time), this would suit me down to the ground.

Thoughts?

Dave