PDA

View Full Version : Standby problem

01-04-13, 11:37
Hi,

I have a problem with a Solo, bought about 2 weeks ago from the sponsor with VIX preloaded.
At night I turn it onto standby and the next day I can't get it out of standby without unplugging then plugging back in.
Any ideas?

Cheers,

Keith

mickyblueys
01-04-13, 11:41
Mods would need to see debug logs to give you a good idea of problem. Switch them on and post them here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

01-04-13, 12:38
Thanks,

I can see where the logs should be, /home/root but how do you turn them on?

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
01-04-13, 12:52
Menu-setup-system-logs

Go into settings, select location to save, easier to have set to usb or hdd.

Then turn enable debug log on.

Input you're w-o-s. Username and email and you can send future logs direct to forum from box.

01-04-13, 13:13
So I've done all that. I should now wait till tomorrow to see what log is there?

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
01-04-13, 13:22
So I've done all that. I should now wait till tomorrow to see what log is there?

Cheers,

Keith.

Yes or try and replicate the problem now through testing......but probably easier to wait and see if it will happen again. If it does and you can't wake the box send (and post to this thread just incase) the last debug log (date and time wise) for a mod to help.

mickyblueys
01-04-13, 13:24
What version and build number was pre installed for you?

Menu-information-about

01-04-13, 20:51
What version and build number was pre installed for you?

Menu-information-about

3.0 632

I'll see what happens overnight :)

Cheers,

Keith

mickyblueys
01-04-13, 20:56
you can set a power timer to turn box to deep standby at night then to wake to normal standby our even wake up completely in the morning. This is good for power saving. Have a look in menu-timers-powertimers

02-04-13, 09:07
you can set a power timer to turn box to deep standby at night then to wake to normal standby our even wake up completely in the morning. This is good for power saving. Have a look in menu-timers-powertimers

Thanks, I'll look at those once I get this other prob sorted. Last night I put it into standby and when I woke the green light was on. This is the other prob I have. When this happens there is no volume, I have to switch to standby then back on. When this happens the EPG is not up to date. I think both problems must be related and related to the EPG update. So either it won't turn on but the EPG is up to date or it's already turned itself on but with no sound and the EPG is wrong. I can't paste in the log, the forum tells me too many characters :(

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 09:13
Do you have your epg set to update during the night? Whilst the box is in standby mode?

02-04-13, 09:16
Do you have your epg set to update during the night? Whilst the box is in standby mode?

Yep, and bouquet update

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 09:27
You might find the plugin cache flush may help you, do a search on this forum it is posted somewhere. It may even be on the feeds now,I think.

Also set a power timer like I said earlier. I have mine to goto deep standby at 01:00 then to wake to standby at 07:00. Daily.
I then have bouquet set to update at 07:05 then epg to update at 07:10.
With these settings and the cache flush I rarely have issues with the box powering up now, where as I used to have problems daily similar to you're own.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 09:29
Regarding you're log, attach the log don't paste it,

02-04-13, 18:05
Regarding you're log, attach the log don't paste it,

I'll try what you've suggested, thanks.
Log attached.

Cheers,

Keith.

02-04-13, 18:40
How do I know if I've got cache flush? I got it from the feed, it said installed ok but I can't see any evidence of it being there, there is no way to set it up, use it or interact with it. Or does it just sit there in the background, unseen?

Cheers,

Keith

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 18:57
Go into menu-plugins
It'll be there click on it to open up and configure, I have increased default size to maximum I think it's 20480kb

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 19:00
It might pay you to enable a 96mb swap file in the vix swap manager also, I meant to mention this yesterday but forgot. It could help you're low memory problem, it will do no harm anyway.

02-04-13, 19:45
Go into menu-plugins
It'll be there click on it to open up and configure, I have increased default size to maximum I think it's 20480kb

Not happening. I've tried twice and the plug in doesn't appear. Maybe because the plug ins are un stable at the moment??

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 19:56
If you have downloaded and installed. It has nothing to do with stable /unstable.
Where did you get cache flush from?

02-04-13, 20:04
If you have downloaded and installed. It has nothing to do with stable /unstable.
Where did you get cache flush from?

Got it from the plugin feed. Says it installed ok but it doesn't appear.
Just tried on my Solo2, same problem - seems to install but doesn't appear.

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 20:08
If you go to plugin menu again and press red remove plugins , then open up the extensions see if it is listed there?

If it is remove it, restart your box

Give me 5 minutes and I'll post my version in an ipk file here.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 20:11
here is my version, see if it is any different

02-04-13, 20:23

Many thanks, will try that now. Weirdest thing, earlier, I did what you suggested and the plug in was there to "delete" from my Solo2 but not there to "delete" from my Solo. It didn't appear as an actually loaded plug in on either. I see the plug ins are now down for maintenance.

Larry-G
02-04-13, 20:28
Many thanks, will try that now. Weirdest thing, earlier, I did what you suggested and the plug in was there to "delete" from my Solo2 but not there to "delete" from my Solo. It didn't appear as an actually loaded plug in on either. I see the plug ins are now down for maintenance.

Just curious but why are you trying to use Cacheflush with the solo2 ??.

The solo2 has more than enough memory that it does not need this plugin. plus flushing the cache is not always a good idea as things placed in the cache are there for a reason and may be called upon by the receiver again, such as EPG data or Bouquet data, if you flush these and the box later tried to call them up you will have problems.

02-04-13, 20:30

:( I ftp'd your file to /tmp. I installed it, this time it restarted GUI, the one from the feeds didn't do that.
It still doesn't appear in the plug ins browser and isn't there to "delete".

Bemused,

Keith.

02-04-13, 20:32
Just curious but why are you trying to use Cacheflush with the solo2 ??.

The solo2 has more than enough memory that it does not need this plugin. plus flushing the cache is not always a good idea as things placed in the cache are there for a reason and may be called upon by the receiver again, such as EPG data or Bouquet data, if you flush these and the box later tried to call them up you will have problems.

Just to see if I could install it as I don't seem to be able to on my Solo. If this plug in is not the way to go do you have any idea why my Solo f***s up every night?

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 20:34
it has also been recommended on numerous occasions by rob that cache flush has been known to help low memory units like the solo and duo

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26262-General-advise-required-on-memory-use-and-maybe-EPG-CrossEPG-flushing&p=195979&viewfull=1#post195979

Larry-G
02-04-13, 20:38
it has also been recommended on numerous occasions by rob that cache flush has been known to help low memory units like the solo and duo

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26262-General-advise-required-on-memory-use-and-maybe-EPG-CrossEPG-flushing&p=195979&viewfull=1#post195979

yes it can help with boxes that have very low memory such as the solo and duo but as i said it also removes any thing placed in the cache that the box may call upon at a later time. it's a kind of catch 22 situation.

mickyblueys
02-04-13, 20:41
it may be catch 22.... i really don't know, but what i do know is i have been running it along with a swap file for the past 6 months on both of my duo's, and in that time i have had maybe 5 or 6 boot issues, where as before i was getting boot up problems 5 or 6 times a week!

03-04-13, 11:56
So I never used cache flush, mainly because I couldn't install it. I did put it to standby last night with a power timer to deep sleep then wake to standby before doing an EPG update and bouquet update. Today when I woke the box was back to a red light but did turn on ok and turned on with sound :)
Great I thought.
However, just about 2 minutes later a black screen appeared with the revolving logo. When the screen came back the sound had gone so it was another restart.
There were 2 new debug logs there this morning so I've attached both.
Seems I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm thinking this box may be faulty as my other Solo and Solo2 don't behave like this.

Cheers,

Keith.

mickyblueys
03-04-13, 12:08
just for piece of mind it might pay you to do a fresh flash. At least then you know where you are at. I mean apart from your standby issue, there is obviously other problems underlying, if the cache flush plugin failed to even install correctly.

Then you are starting from a "blank canvas"

Just a suggestion.

03-04-13, 13:01
just for piece of mind it might pay you to do a fresh flash. At least then you know where you are at. I mean apart from your standby issue, there is obviously other problems underlying, if the cache flush plugin failed to even install correctly.

Then you are starting from a "blank canvas"

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I have already tried a re flash. Do you think anyone from the sponsor will be along to offer any advice any time soon?

Cheers,

Keith.

05-04-13, 10:58
Do you think anyone from the sponsor will be along to offer any advice any time soon?

No? Seems not.

So, woke up today to a green light on and no sound.Again. Overnight 2 logs were produced, both attached. Time to contact the sponsor/seller I suppose.