PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2 or Alien 2

Hotchef
31-03-13, 22:24
I posted this same question on ********** forum, as there they seem to be alien fans.

My question is what can the solo2 do that alien 2 can't

what makes it worth the extra money

thanks for any answers

manicscrewdriver
31-03-13, 22:46
Comparing the Solo 2 to against the Alien 2 is like comparing a Rolls Royce against a Reliant Robin.

If you want a box with flaky software which will never be a proper E2 receiver due to its SH4 chipset then go for the Reliant Robin Alien 2. If you want a receiver which is reliable, has good firmware and most importantly is a proper E2 receiver then go for the Rolls Royce Solo 2.

The forum you mentioned is just a front for the main retailers shop so i would expect everything will be biased towards the Alien 2 over any other receiver. I've had an Alien 2 and i can honestly say in my opinion the worst receiver i've ever wasted £150 on. I was also banned from said forum for voicing my opinions about this apparently excellent receiver. Don't waste your money, if your going to buy a new receiver do it right the first time and go for the Solo2.

The extra bit of money will be money well spent. It will also hold its value for a lot longer than the Alien 2 as it is a much more desirable receiver. You also have a bigger choice of EMUs on the Solo2 over the Alien 2.

Nano

cameron
31-03-13, 23:29
well said had alien2 for about three -5 months and firmware was rubbish,only just got it working now..and pic quality was not that good..ended with cryptobox 500....
but have tried and tested a few box through my time vusolo2 good honest box...just playing with it now seeing what cams r best for it etc ...

ben361
01-04-13, 16:35
I had two alien2 recievers and the firmware was rubbish.
I sold them and buy two vu+solo2 recievers and i am very pleased with those boxes.
It cost more but less trouble