PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] possible recording fix

hullfc27
30-03-13, 20:12
hi i have been on the phone with tm most of the afternoon to sort out this recording problem out and they are adamant it is not a driver problem and all is well so we went through setting up again and this is the way i did it to the letter which is aparantly important in setting up the tm-2t so here goes

1-Unzip it copy past to root directory of your usb { update }
download by usb , when download ends /off/on press exit button on the front panel intermittently for 10 seconds/Do not use backup {Not doing above will not boot/will not partition 11Gbit full memory}

2-download channel list/ HDD format it (initilise it by red button)/do Restart from menu {do not turn off from back

3-Do EPG/picons if you are saving in Hard disk advised/menu/setup/system/time shift settings/ turn on permanent time shift/green button to save.
add cccam 2.1.1/cccam.cfg
Restart from menu/standby-re start. Do not turn off from rear,

4-watch any channel for a minute shutdown via menu /turn on now ready
do above once only No need to repeat again.

brooke
30-03-13, 20:50
hi i have been on the phone with tm most of the afternoon to sort out this recording problem out and they are adamant it is not a driver problem and all is well so we went through setting up again and this is the way i did it to the letter which is aparantly important in setting up the tm-2t so here goes

1-Unzip it copy past to root directory of your usb { update }
download by usb , when download ends /off/on press exit button on the front panel intermittently for 10 seconds/Do not use backup {Not doing above will not boot/will not partition 11Gbit full memory}

2-download channel list/ HDD format it (initilise it by red button)/do Restart from menu {do not turn off from back

3-Do EPG/picons if you are saving in Hard disk advised/menu/setup/system/time shift settings/ turn on permanent time shift/green button to save.
add cccam 2.1.1/cccam.cfg
Restart from menu/standby-re start. Do not turn off from rear,

4-watch any channel for a minute shutdown via menu /turn on now ready
do above once only No need to repeat again.

As a matter off interest did at any point the person on the phone say and please fallow ABC

hullfc27
30-03-13, 20:52
if you mean did they tell me to do this exactly how i wrote it then yes they did

andyblac
30-03-13, 22:02
can't see how any of that effects recording.

hullfc27
31-03-13, 09:05
just doing what the technomate man told me and it worked i'm not technically minded just passing on what worked for me

should delete the post as its of no use to people......i will go back and enjoy my recordings for now..... happy easter :)

Wizard55
31-03-13, 09:08
Well is not working for me , don't see how a reflash will fix it as have flashed a few times already ..

hullfc27
31-03-13, 09:11
like it says above restarting it snd enabling timeshift?

Wizard55
31-03-13, 09:21
Yes tried that 2 and a number of other users have same issue. TM need to sort this fast, or there will be getting a lot of boxes back

hullfc27
31-03-13, 09:26
why dont you ring them like i did they where more than happy to help.......mine didnt work first time we went through it but i rang him back and he went through it all again he will be able to help more than i can cos he knows what hes talking about i just thought i was helping by putting up what he told me but obviously not so will keep quiet from now on lol

Wizard55
31-03-13, 09:33
Don't get me wrong, you are helping and glad you poated. But I disagree with the fix that they gave you and will email TM and tell them

andyblac
31-03-13, 10:42
the only way for TM to look at this and take the issue seriously is to send them emails (nice ones, asking them to look at the issue).

Wizard55
31-03-13, 10:52
I agree andy and happy Easter . May I suggest a new thread about recording issues on Tm Twin and 2T as the posts about recording are in different places and sometimes blamied as a vix issue (which its not). That way users can email Tm and post there responses from TM :)

Wizard55
31-03-13, 11:20
Thanks Phoenix will your rename this thread or will I create a new one .

Ps happy Easter to you and vix team

Larry-G
31-03-13, 16:45
Thanks Phoenix will your rename this thread or will I create a new one .

Ps happy Easter to you and vix team

Probably best to create a new thread and ill keep a eye on it so it does not go off track

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hullfc27
13-04-13, 14:01
just done my brother in laws with this guide and there is a bit missing where it says this (download channel list/ HDD format it (initilise it by red button)/do Restart from menu {do not turn off from back ) i firstly selected convert ext3 and pressed red button once then left it 5-6 secs then i exited and initilised it again left it for 5-6 seconds then exited and went to vix mount manager i selected setup mounts (green button) didnt change anything just saved it it then reboots the box

also make sure you actually SHUTDOWN at this part leave for 30 secs or so after its properly shut down then reboot (4-watch any channel for a minute shutdown via menu /turn on now ready
do above once only No need to repeat again.)

worth a try what have you to lose.......btw i used vix 632 to flash with and just updated via remote AFTER i had done the full guide