PDA

View Full Version : Incompatibilities between certain versions of Vix and CCcam plugin.

cokebottles
30-03-13, 11:17
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not; I couldnt find any information regarding it so I thought I post my findings for future reference.

I recently re-flashed my TM-Twin to "stable" Vix version .338. When I did this I installed "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk" and I was having alot of frequent stuttering, freezing, and glitching with my premium channels. I tried everything and couldnt get rid of the problem. I tried a newer vesion of Vix (552) and used the same CCcam 2.3.0_1.0 and had the same problem. It was at this point that it occured to me to try and older version of the cam pluggin (I tried "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.0.11_1.0_mipsel.ipk"), and everything worked perfectly.

So in summary I found out (the hard way) that certain versions of the CCcam plugin do not work smoothly with certain versions of Vix. Generally it seems if you use an older Vix image, try and pick a similarly old release of the CCcam plugin.

Sorry if this is common knowledge!

Larry-G
30-03-13, 11:44
I'm not aware of any such incompatibilities. I my self use CCcam 2.2.1 and it works fine and i know of many others who use various versions including 2.3.0 and they have not reported any problems.

have you looked at the cam logs to see whats happening ??.

pooface
30-03-13, 14:44
I assume this is with local card? As if not, then there can be no help given, but it could well be problems with how you are receiving the channels! Again, we cannot go in to that!

As phoenix has said, I've not had any problems with any version of CCcam in any of my e2 boxes...