PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] transcoding broken in openvix 3.0.632

laban
30-03-13, 01:25
Hi

Just wanted to report that transcoding is broken in the latest build of openvix (as of this time build 632)
if you open the transcoding link you are greeted with the following error:

SERVICE ERROR:-257

This is a clean install of this image, not an upgrade

andyblac
30-03-13, 01:32
Hi

Just wanted to report that transcoding is broken in the latest build of openvix (as of this time build 632)
if you open the transcoding link you are greeted with the following error:

SERVICE ERROR:-257

This is a clean install of this image, not an upgrade

and take it you installed the transcode plugin ?

laban
30-03-13, 01:53
and take it you installed the transcode plugin ?

Its installed by default from what i can see

See screenshot on imgurl
http://i.imgur.com/BNwjAkR.jpg
http://imgur.com/BNwjAkR

laban
31-03-13, 20:56
After updating to 642 build things have changed.

No more error message but something is still wrong:

if i try the transcode stream with the function disabled, i get the error message on the screen.
"OK. encoder disabled"
But i get picture

When i enable transcoding i get the message
OK. encoder enabled on the OSD but no picture or sound from the stream url.

Trial
31-03-13, 21:14
hi,
which OS and player are you using? VLC under W7 was not working for me but the normal Windows media player.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

laban
31-03-13, 21:22
hi,
which OS and player are you using? VLC under W7 was not working for me but the normal Windows media player.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

Your are correct, tested on iphone and it works fine :)

Tested it in chrome which should have h264 video support, but the problem is there also.

Wounder why it only working a selected few players and not regular players. As reference it works fine in vlc in other images.

Dr Rott
25-04-13, 19:05
Anyone got transcoding working ok?
Am using build 649 but can't get it to run smoothly or at all sometimes.
I have 5 meg upload and 30 meg download at recieving end (my son at university) but it just isn't stable enough. Have used VLC, MPC and WMP but no joy. :confused:

pooface
25-04-13, 19:16
I have 5 meg upload and 30 meg download at recieving end (my son at university) but it just isn't stable enough. Have used VLC, MPC and WMP but no joy. :confused:

Unfortunately I don't have a solo2 to test, but what is the upload at the sending side? 5 meg at receiving side is great for them, but doesn't really do anything for yourself at the sending side... Hopefully one of the team with a solo2 will be able to help you out a little more...

Dr Rott
25-04-13, 19:26
Sorry, should have worded that better. At home I have 120 meg d/l and 5 meg u/l. My son gets around 30 meg/ 1 meg at his end.

irishchris
25-04-13, 20:40
On build 649 on my solo2 also and transcoding working perfect here. Running on 3mb upload at home and averaging about 4mb-6mb on 3g using vu player on my android Xperia z. Surprised as to how well it works over 3g

Dr Rott
25-04-13, 22:27
Trying to get it working on my son's laptop. What would be the best way to go about it?

andyblac
27-04-13, 00:47
Trying to get it working on my son's laptop. What would be the best way to go about it?

IRC, transcoding does not work on PC's only mobile devices.

Trial
27-04-13, 07:59
Hi,
transcoded streams are also working with a laptop but when I tried it I found that not all media player like this stream. On windows it is surprising that the universal player VLC which normally plays everything (even a slice of sausage when it is in one drive:-)) has problems. What is a bit more surprising is that the standard windows media player played the stream on my W7-64-Pro. With the windows media player I had to wait for about a minute and then have to press play again.

On Linux I found "GNOME MPlayer" works quite good.

ciao