PDA

View Full Version : Openwebif and FTP issues

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 17:02
Hello folks,

Just did an online upgrade to OpenViX 3.0 build 632 and now I can't seem to access my Duo via FTP or get Openwebif to work via any browser.

I use an Open Media wifi bridge to connect to the internet and the Duo has an IP address assigned of 192.168.1.72 but when I put this address into browser it doesn't load the Openweb page.

Have I missed something? I am using a new router but can't recall having to do anything in particular with my previous router.

Help me, please :)

mickyblueys
28-03-13, 17:05
If you have a search about on forum, you will see some sort of issue with openwebif on this build.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 17:08
I did see a couple of threads but they didn't mention if they were having FTP issues as well.

I'm just worried I've missed something with the addition of the new router.

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 19:54
I can see the issues with doing online upgrade from 2.4 to 3.0 but I upgraded from 3.0 build 620 to build 632

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Madcustomer
29-03-13, 16:25
Ok had a play about with the Duo box today and reflashed via USB this time to build 632 and still no access to openweb via browser and also more worringly still no access via ftp.

Set everything up as I needed the practice anyway and was a good knowledge check.

From there I decided to try an older build so reflashed with build 627 and restored a backup still no openweb or ftp access.

I am know thinking it's something more to do with my network as opposed to the box as the ftp plugin under network menu is running and openweb is all enabled.

Do I need to have any ports forwarded, I don't recall setting anything up on my old router - and I'm afraid testing with old router is a no go as it's not compatible with my new connection.

Someone please help, it's driving me crazy and I think I am driving the wife crazy as she's trying to watch some tv!

Madcustomer
29-03-13, 17:43
Yay well kind off - the wife suggested trying a network cable.

Plugged the network cable in and voila, openweb and ftp both working, going to reset the wifi bridge and check the settings, but would appear my router doesn't like the wifi bridge.

JoshuaGrey
29-03-13, 22:09
The WiFi bridge should be able to connect to the router, try going through the WiFi bridge set-up again

Madcustomer
30-03-13, 08:48
Have re tried the setup and it successfully completes setup via PC.

Also the duo does have an Internet connection however still when using the wifi bridge I cannot connect to openwebif nor can I FTP in.

If I swap back to LAN cable it works perfectly....?

Any more thoughts?

cwebb66
30-03-13, 09:52
may you could try some home plugs , they work a treat

Madcustomer
31-03-13, 17:11
Another update....

When using the open media wifi bridge I still cannot use openweb or ftp.

Have borrowed a Vu wifi dongle, all configured wireless enabled and access to the Internet but still no access to openweb or FTP.

Plugged LAN cable back in and I have the openweb and FTP access.

This is causing me no end of annoyance now more because I can't rectify it and usually am fairly competent/confident with these sort of issues.

I can't leave the LAN cable plugged in as my 18 month old daughter will just end up falling over it constantly, she already falls over the mass of toys in living room!!!

Homeplugs are a plan but don't really want to pay out more just yet and can't find a mate locally who uses then for me to borrow first.

So why when using a bridge or wifi dongle does my duo not give me access to openweb or FTP what's either not working or blocking it....?!

Madcustomer
31-03-13, 17:57
Ah dear lol, I've done it again!! Played about with the piece of s@&t called a router (cheap rubbish supplied by Plusnet and I seem to have got it working using the Vu dongle.

Most would leave it at this as its working but I want to pursue and sus out why it wasn't working so will be plugging the wifi bridge back in later tonight to see if there is any different.

Persistence pays off again!!

cwebb66
01-04-13, 10:09
well done :thumbsup: