PDA

View Full Version : Live pause

rinaldi1
28-03-13, 12:26
Hi guys,

can anyone explain why there are some channels that I can't pause, rewind etc, and is there anything to be done to enable this? Vix 562,

Thanks

Larry-G
28-03-13, 18:16
Hi guys,

can anyone explain why there are some channels that I can't pause, rewind etc, and is there anything to be done to enable this? Vix 562,

Thanks

Try flashing the box with a newer image such as 632.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rinaldi1
28-03-13, 22:04
Thanks for your reply Phoenix. Will recorded programmes be lost if I update the image?

mickyblueys
28-03-13, 22:08
No

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
28-03-13, 22:11
Thanks for your reply Phoenix. Will recorded programmes be lost if I update the image?
not unless you format the HDD in the process.

rinaldi1
02-04-13, 21:41
Updated image to vix 632 but no change I'm afraid. :confused:

abu baniaz
02-04-13, 21:47
Can you pause some channels?
What are your Timeshift settings?
Have you enabled permanent Timeshift?

rinaldi1
02-04-13, 21:53
Yes, permanent timeshift is enabled and I can rewind and pause some channels but there are a lot that I can't.

abu baniaz
02-04-13, 21:57
Sorry out of my league.

However, it would be handy to post your debug logs so that those in the know can identify your issue.

Menu > Setup > System > Logs > Settings

Don't forget to reboot after enabling.

Deso
07-04-13, 08:42
Is it specific channels or random?
I have just got my TM 2T and have tried ITV, Channel 4 and Eurosport 2 (all HD) and they work, even with timeshift off.
Should I enable timeshift and what settings would anyone recommend? If I am right with my thinking, if I set it for 10 minutes it will be permanently recording the 10 minutes prior to the current 'live' time? :confused:

BubbleBalls
07-04-13, 09:48
I have just got my TM 2T and have tried ITV, Channel 4 and Eurosport 2 (all HD) and they work, even with timeshift off.
Should I enable timeshift and what settings would anyone recommend? If I am right with my thinking, if I set it for 10 minutes it will be permanently recording the 10 minutes prior to the current 'live' time? :confused:

PTS is your preference. I have mine enabled for 300 mins, 5 program's and 5 mins (from memory, not at box)

The pts uses part of your hdd/memory stick and will overwrite itself once the channel is changed or your settings are reached, methinks.

The 10 min you are referring to is the time it takes for pts to become active - if you switch to itv then 10 mins later pts kicks in.

Pts is not a permanent recording - you have to hit record to that.

Tapatalker

rinaldi1
08-04-13, 22:30

It's a bit strange....most channels rewind and pause with pts enabled, but some that won't do when I disable pts :confused:

BubbleBalls
08-04-13, 23:13
If you want to rewind live tv then enable pts.

Tapatalker

rinaldi1
09-04-13, 20:30
I have done, but some channels won't rewind or pause.....but they do when pts is disabled but then the majority won't

BubbleBalls
09-04-13, 23:39
That does sound strange. Remember though, that rewind function will only kick in after your settings ie 5 mins, 10 mins etc. so if you switch a channel don't expect to be able to rewind it within the fist 5/10 mins (only way for that is to pause)

I know that some settings require a restart could this be one of them?

Tapatalker