PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VIX Spinning Logo - Regular Occurance

afc_rich
27-03-13, 21:17
Build 3.0 632
VU DUO

Hi,

Been having some problems recently with my DUO. It seems that I am having to reboot the box on average 10 times a week due to the box becoming unresponsive and being presented by the dreaded VIX spinning logo in the top left corner. There doesn't seem to be a set pattern or time when this happens but here is a list of times it has:

- Starting to play a recording
- Stopping a recording
- Accessing network drive
- Randomly when watching TV
- and others I can't think of right now

Every time this happens I leave the box to 'sort itself' for up to 15-20 mins, 9.9 times out of 10 this does nothing so I power the box down from the rear (attempting a restart via telnet does not fix the issue). Upon startup I either receive the "loading..." issue (I know this is the memory leak) or the "Starting, Please wait...." blue screen (which takes an eternity to complete).

Is anyone else experiencing an increased amount of problems? Anything I can do to try to resolve this? - i've already tried reflashing.

Regards,

Richard

mickyblueys
27-03-13, 21:29
Possibly could be usb or hdd incorrectly mounted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tkr001
27-03-13, 22:50
or the dreaded memory leak problem

JoshuaGrey
27-03-13, 23:24
I have a similar issue, be it not as bad as the OP's, seeing the VIX image a lot recently, notice it most when channel changing/epg.

What's the dreaded memory leak problem?

Tkr001
28-03-13, 00:08
Google is your friend

Grumpy
31-03-13, 19:00
If I downgrade the kernel, will the latest vix image still run? or does the latest images include the kernels?

Thanks

Larry-G
31-03-13, 19:38
no the kernel is part of the image you cant run the ViX 3.0 series images without earlier kernels.

daps
22-04-13, 20:00
I get the same problem, seems to have started after upgrading to VIX 3.
but downgraded and still getting the probs.

can anyone help with this please?

Larry-G
22-04-13, 20:07
I get the same problem, seems to have started after upgrading to VIX 3.
but downgraded and still getting the probs.

can anyone help with this please?

We cant issue updates or bug fixes for images prior to ViX 3.xx.

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 21:06
Have spinning Vix on build 649 with my Ultimo comes on once about every twenty minutes.

GAH2402
22-04-13, 21:22
Hi uys,

Not sure if this'll help anyone, but I started having problems with the VIX spinning images, around the time I had this issue:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27379-HBB-Crash

I couldn't figure out why I'd started getting these issues as my box had been rock solid for ages, and I tried a re-flash without it making any real difference. However, after racking my brain I realized thse issues coincided with me changing the USB stick in the back of my box. I use this stick for picons, EPG and a swap file. It was a 4GB stick, and as I use USB sticks at work, I removed the 4GB stick and put in a 2GB stick I had lying around. It was initialised, formatted and mounted perfectly. Not sure why this stick was causing the problem, but changing it for another 4GB stick (not the one that was in it originally) cured all of my issues!

As I said, it might not help at all, but based on my own experiences, I'd try at least one or two other USB sticks if you currently use one and are experiencing the spinning logo issue.

GAH

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 21:38
Hi uys,

Not sure if this'll help anyone, but I started having problems with the VIX spinning images, around the time I had this issue:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27379-HBB-Crash

I couldn't figure out why I'd started getting these issues as my box had been rock solid for ages, and I tried a re-flash without it making any real difference. However, after racking my brain I realized thse issues coincided with me changing the USB stick in the back of my box. I use this stick for picons, EPG and a swap file. It was a 4GB stick, and as I use USB sticks at work, I removed the 4GB stick and put in a 2GB stick I had lying around. It was initialised, formatted and mounted perfectly. Not sure why this stick was causing the problem, but changing it for another 4GB stick (not the one that was in it originally) cured all of my issues!

As I said, it might not help at all, but based on my own experiences, I'd try at least one or two other USB sticks if you currently use one and are experiencing the spinning logo issue.

GAH

Have no usb stick installed just the hard drive and vix still spins.

daps
22-04-13, 22:12
upgraded back to vix 3.0.649 as had the same problem on older image.

any idea how to fix this........or is there a stable version of 3.0.xxx that works.
strip out all media usb and internal hdd and still the same :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

judge
22-04-13, 22:25
debug logs might show what's happening folks, only guessing without them...

stevesom
23-04-13, 22:07
Same here as well spinning logo just before a recording also when changing channels vu duo vix 3 649 no extra plugins vix night hd skin. Wil enable debug logs.

judge
23-04-13, 22:17
recording a channel on the same sat you're viewing?
any of you guys keeping picons on HDD?

skippie
23-04-13, 22:19
Same happens on my gigablue quad lately. Didn't have this before. Happens when recordings start. Hard reboot is only solution.

sent from ONDA V972

stevesom
24-04-13, 09:08
recording a channel on the same sat you're viewing?
any of you guys keeping picons on HDD?

No picons for me and recording on the same satellite that im viewing. Uninstalled cache flush as i thought that was causing it but still the same

skippie
24-04-13, 10:38
No picons for me and recording on the same satellite that im viewing. Uninstalled cache flush as i thought that was causing it but still the same

Happens when changing sat to start a recording, sometimes on same sat when watching. picons on HDD.

sent from ONDA V972

afc_rich
24-04-13, 14:57
I'm glad I'm not alone. If all members enable debug logs as suggested and feed them through this thread hopefully we can resolve the issue :-)

stevesom
27-04-13, 19:35
just updated to ver3 653 havent seen the spinning vix yet.

stevesom
27-04-13, 21:30
Cant edit my post its better but its started lagging and spinning again.

skippie
28-04-13, 07:17
Playing a recording is crashing the gigablueb quad everytime now.

sent from ONDA V972

Larry-G
28-04-13, 08:25
Playing a recording is crashing the gigablueb quad everytime now.

sent from ONDA V972

A crash = Crash logs and those are a vital diagnostic tool for us to use in our efforts to track down and fix such issues, so please upload them here or send them to us via the inbuilt logs manager in the image.

GAH2402
30-04-13, 21:23
Hi,

Any of you guys experiencing the spinning VIX logo NOT got a swap file? Just noticed my 96GB swap file on my USB stick was somehow set to "inactive" I was experiencing the spinning logo when I changed channels and OnDemand wouldn't work. Activated the swap file and no more issues!

Curently on Build 656

GAH