PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] old drivers for build 632

hullfc27
27-03-13, 20:40
hi i am wondering if anyone knows where i can get drivers dated 08-12-12 to manually install on the 632 build and also instructions how to do it so that it can possibly help with the recording problem that seems to be wide spread thanks

judge
27-03-13, 23:48
Install a build with the previous drivers.
FTP into the box & make a copy of the files in /lib/modules/3.5.3/extra/

Install build 632, backup the files in the same location & then replace them with the first set of drivers you copied.

Reboot the box, at this stage if the box boots, you know the old drivers still work (mostly anyway) with the new image.
Let us know how it goes.

hullfc27
28-03-13, 10:37
right i have done that and used the drivers from build 600 and it has booted up so i am just going to set it all up and try and record then will get back to you i did notice it isn't showing up the driver in the information box it just says N/A

hullfc27
28-03-13, 11:19
recording channel is a black screen so didnt work changing the drivers grrrrrrr

abu baniaz
28-03-13, 13:44
I'm glad you confirmed. A few of us reported issue before the latest drivers were released.

Hope your logs show something they can use to identify fault.

hullfc27
28-03-13, 13:58
dont have no logs mate just trying the drivers out but you are more than welcome to do it yourself and produce the logs i'm just a noob lol
plus the information bar is still showing the drivers that are built into the image and not the drivers i have tried to replace with so unsure if the ftp has even worked........

hullfc27
28-03-13, 14:35
tried with build 589 drivers and the audio gets a problem and stays on one channel wether u change to a different channel or notso audio could be from bbc1 and i flick over to itv2 and i still hae audio from bbc1 and still doesnt record

Larry-G
28-03-13, 15:03
Try a earlier set than those but make sure they are for the same kernel version. as has been said multiple times after looking deeper into this issue we have seen this recording issue with the previous two sets of drivers

hullfc27
28-03-13, 15:20
Try a earlier set than those but make sure they are for the same kernel version. as has been said multiple times after looking deeper into this issue we have seen this recording issue with the previous two sets of drivers

what build would you suggest then pls.......thanks
589 would be 3 sets back would it not?

abu baniaz
28-03-13, 15:35
Do we know what dates the different drivers were released for kernel 3.53?

The hardest thing is that it is erratic. Debug logs don't show anything of use. For me, the RS232 logs stop showing things soon after it boots. I don't know if it is the replacement chip for the power button or conflict with debug logs being enabed in the image. (This type of debugging is meant to be the manufacturer's work, not the image writers or end user). Happy to do it if it helps us out.

Sorry, thinking out loud here..... Didn't they apply a fix to cure timer recordings from deep standby? Could this be a contributer?

They still haven't fixed the time straying when one of the tuners is on a different sat. As issue at hand is timer recordings, I would have thought this would have jumped up on the list of fixes to be made.

hullfc27
28-03-13, 15:47
right i have just tried a totally different way and i have flashed with build 600 (which recorded fine for me last time i flashed this build) i uninstalled ABM and then installed the up to date one via telnet which has installed fine set up a recording and it is just black screen......could there be something in the ABM or am i totally off chart

Larry-G
28-03-13, 15:50
right i have just tried a totally different way and i have flashed with build 600 (which recorded fine for me last time i flashed this build) i uninstalled ABM and then installed the up to date one via telnet which has installed fine set up a recording and it is just black screen......could there be something in the ABM or am i totally off chart

i doubt it as these recording issues have been reported on the 4D images too and they dont have ABM installed. also I have only seen this issue on my TM's and not with my Vu+ DUO, Vu+ DUO LE, Vu+ UNO, Vu+ Ultimo, Vu+ Solo2. all running the exact same image build.

hullfc27
28-03-13, 15:52
do you think its even fixable then as i've only bought this box for the recording and i cant even do that lol.....

hullfc27
28-03-13, 16:59
i cannot go back to an earlier build than 552 as thats the earliest in download centre and this build still has 2012-12-08 so does anyone have a link to earlier builds than this or a link for earlier drivers thanks

hullfc27
28-03-13, 21:44
found the build 482 on here and tried the drivers from that and still black screen......so far i have tried drivers from 482, 589, 600, 626 and 627 all with the same result not sure if anybody else is testing or just me or even cares lol

Larry-G
28-03-13, 21:47
Have you actually checked the driver dates on these builds ? as to my recollection there have only been something like 3 sets of drivers released to us in the past 6 months.

hullfc27
28-03-13, 22:00
the 482 build was november the others december and february but i cannot find any older drivers or builds to test them out