PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Very basic update question.....

MysteryMan
27-03-13, 16:22
Sorry guys that this is so basic, but, need help understanding what I need to do!

Have got a Vu+ Solo, which currently has a ViX image (v2.3, Build 204) and this is well over a year old!

So, I was thinking I ought to update to a more recent image and am confused as to which one I need. There seems to be a Vix image and also an OpenVix image. Any suggestions what I should be going for?

Stanman
27-03-13, 18:05
OpenVIX is vix, you need the latest build - highest number from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

Larry-G
27-03-13, 18:13
also if your using ViX ( OpenViX ) 2.3-204 you may have to first update the bootloader on the receiver in order to use newer kernel 3.1.1 based images such as ViX 3.0

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 11:58
also if your using ViX ( OpenViX ) 2.3-204 you may have to first update the bootloader on the receiver in order to use newer kernel 3.1.1 based images such as ViX 3.0

Thanks. So, I need to update Bootloader and then flash a new image - do I do this via a USB stick?

Also, will this overwrite stuff of the box, such as satellite position information, channel settings, cccam.cfg?

khan888
28-03-13, 12:46
This will overwrite everything and if you have a backup from 2.3 do not restore you will need to do a fresh setup.

Yes the bootloader is done via USB, do this first then update your box to the latest 3.0 build.

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 12:47
This will overwrite everything and if you have a backup from 2.3 do not restore you will need to do a fresh setup.

Drat, but, thanks!!!!

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 13:50

Yes the bootloader is done via USB, do this first then update your box to the latest 3.0 build.

Sorry, being a bit thick here as have been searching for latest bootloader, but, cannot locate!!!!

Can someone point me in the right direction, please? :confused:

Blu-ray
28-03-13, 13:54
Sorry, being a bit thick here as have been searching for latest bootloader, but, cannot locate!!!!

Can someone point me in the right direction, please? :confused:

At the bottom of Stanmans Link.

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 13:56
At the bottom of Stanmans Link.

Yo! I told you I was being thick!!!!!!:wave:

satmanbasil
28-03-13, 15:46
Hi mate

If you want a quick solution to upgrade why not make a file on your pc call it vu solo backup or whatever then inside that make files like keys - softcam - etc - tuxbox etc etc then download via ftp the date you need to get up and running again.
From reflash i can up and running in all of 5mins with CCcam/oscam files - key files etc etc put back into the receiver once the image has reloaded

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 16:06
Right, here's what I've done.....

Downloaded cfe_solo_2.0.zip and unzipped it
Did a quick format on Memory stick to FAT32
Copied the vuplus folder to memory stick
Unplugged the Vu+ Solo (it doesn't have a switch on back!)
Inserted USB stick into from port
Plugged in the Vu+ Solo

Nothing appeared on the screen to indicate it was doing anything, but, the light on Vu+ started blinking. In fact, it has been like this now for 5 mintutes and I am concerned that something has gone wrong - how long would you expect the update to take?

I have read all the dire warnings about not interrupting the update process, but, are there any suggestions for how to proceed from here?

Larry-G
28-03-13, 16:24
Hi mate

If you want a quick solution to upgrade why not make a file on your pc call it vu solo backup or whatever then inside that make files like keys - softcam - etc - tuxbox etc etc then download via ftp the date you need to get up and running again.
From reflash i can up and running in all of 5mins with CCcam/oscam files - key files etc etc put back into the receiver once the image has reloaded

yep thats pretty much exactly what i do but on 7 different boxes.

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 16:27
Right, here's what I've done.....

Downloaded cfe_solo_2.0.zip and unzipped it
Did a quick format on Memory stick to FAT32
Copied the vuplus folder to memory stick
Unplugged the Vu+ Solo (it doesn't have a switch on back!)
Inserted USB stick into from port
Plugged in the Vu+ Solo

Nothing appeared on the screen to indicate it was doing anything, but, the light on Vu+ started blinking. In fact, it has been like this now for 5 mintutes and I am concerned that something has gone wrong - how long would you expect the update to take?

I have read all the dire warnings about not interrupting the update process, but, are there any suggestions for how to proceed from here?

Panic over - I think!

I found a post that said that teh flashing green light indicates that it has finished. So, I switched off/on and it is back working. Now it is busy flashing the new image.

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 17:40
*UPDATE*

All is well with the world! Have done the update, set up the box and it is now busy doing a massive scan for channels! :D

Thanks to everyone who has helped me through this and hope I remember how to do it next time.

TK4|2|1
28-03-13, 17:51
Instead of doing a "mass scan of channels" just upload s pre made channel list using EnigmaEdit or similar program.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

MysteryMan
28-03-13, 17:58
Instead of doing a "mass scan of channels" just upload s pre made channel list using EnigmaEdit or similar program.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

I have already uploaded a channel list (Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 23.11.2012) - does this do the same job as a satellite scan? Always thought I'd need to do both!!!!!

Larry-G
28-03-13, 18:10
I have already uploaded a channel list (Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 23.11.2012) - does this do the same job as a satellite scan? Always thought I'd need to do both!!!!!

A bouquet pack removes the need for a scan. There have been some issues with the catseyes settings and the latest ViX images. Try the latest Vhannibal ones.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

satmanbasil
28-03-13, 21:16
Hi mate

Instead of unplugging the solo receiver if you look at the back theres a reset button just hold that in and with the other hand insert the usb into front port then release the button.... yes the solo does take some time should glow front neon amber to red then repeats again before finally flashing green , this means the image has loaded just press the reset on the back again remove the usb with your other hand and release the button and off it runs.

MysteryMan
29-03-13, 12:25
Hi mate

Instead of unplugging the solo receiver if you look at the back theres a reset button just hold that in and with the other hand insert the usb into front port then release the button.... yes the solo does take some time should glow front neon amber to red then repeats again before finally flashing green , this means the image has loaded just press the reset on the back again remove the usb with your other hand and release the button and off it runs.

Found the reset button - many thanks!