PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo - goes into deep standby & won't restart with power button.

RS2k
26-03-13, 13:03
As above - box is performing very well but goes into deep standby (I think) overnight.

Pressing the power button on the remote makes the red light flicker, but it doesn't turn green or start the box up.

Unplugging the power and restarting however does.

Am I missing something really obvious? :confused:

Any suggestions or observations appreciated.

RS2k
26-03-13, 18:39
I have a working theory on this now:-

I have a Phillips HDD DVD recorder/player attached to the tv using a scart lead. Sometimes the tv switches it's source from HDMI1 to Scart all by itself. I wonder would this be causing the problem?

I have unplugged the HDD recorder and will leave the VU+ unit turned off overnight.

If the VU+ box starts up normally in the morning I reckon it'll be problem solved.

27-03-13, 08:21
I have a working theory on this now:-

I have a Phillips HDD DVD recorder/player attached to the tv using a scart lead. Sometimes the tv switches it's source from HDMI1 to Scart all by itself. I wonder would this be causing the problem?

I have unplugged the HDD recorder and will leave the VU+ unit turned off overnight.

If the VU+ box starts up normally in the morning I reckon it'll be problem solved.

How you doing, I have the same problem - but only with one of my Solos.

RS2k
27-03-13, 21:15
Unplugging the external hdd recorder seems to have worked. Delighted :D