PDA

View Full Version : Tp-link home plugs loses connection to vu+solo after awhile help!

ellblud
26-03-13, 08:53
Hello i was advised to get some homeplugs since the reviews from everyone state they are rock solid. However mine appear not to be ive done everything correct synced them together set on the router a static ip, tried using default enabled dhcp and also tried turning it off on the vix network menu and entering the details manually. When they are working they are absolutely perfect! but the problems seems to happen daily where the signal just loses connection can be at any time can be off for 5 mins comes back on,2 hours come back on, Its really random anyone who could help i would much appreicate that! the model number of the homeplugs is TL-PA211 and im running the latest version of vix.

Thankyou

jfk
26-03-13, 10:27
Can you reset the two home plug( there is a small hole on the home plug) use a pin to reset the pair while they a plug to power and pair the device.
It should be okay. I experience somethinlike this before.

ellblud
26-03-13, 20:12
There is no pin with these models they keep losing connection can anyone help.

Stanman
26-03-13, 20:15
I have the passthrough version of this and there is a small hole on the side for you to pair the plug with the others.

ellblud
26-03-13, 20:29
Hi, i cant see any hole only a button on the bottom saying pair but when i do that the same thing happens sometimes they do and dont connect

Stanman
26-03-13, 20:29
You need to do it on both of them

ellblud
26-03-13, 20:38
Thanks for the reply yes i do that they sync together however when i take the other downstairs and plug into the vu+solo everything says ok dhcp etc,But ip address says unconfirmed on the network menu and then it doesnt connect.

cwebb66
27-03-13, 00:59
Thanks for the reply yes i do that they sync together however when i take the other downstairs and plug into the vu+solo everything says ok dhcp etc,But ip address says unconfirmed on the network menu and then it doesnt connect.

try turning off dhcp and making it a static ip address

ellblud
27-03-13, 08:37
Ive tried that, the weird thing is if i plug a the ethernet into a laptop from that homeplug it connects straight away! but the vu+solo just seems not to confirm its settings

saj_87
27-06-13, 20:33
Ive tried that, the weird thing is if i plug a the ethernet into a laptop from that homeplug it connects straight away! but the vu+solo just seems not to confirm its settings

i have the exact same problem! quite weird! happened ever since last week! plugged my homeplugs into a different box and it works fine and the laptop too.it doesnt work with my box!

benmeade
01-09-13, 20:45
i have the exact same problem! quite weird! happened ever since last week! plugged my homeplugs into a different box and it works fine and the laptop too.it doesnt work with my box!
Also have an issue with tp-link homeplug adapters on a duo, at times i have to plug out the ethernet cable at the duo as it can cause ethernet connected devices from my router to slow to a crawl