PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Mount Manager not Saving new fitted HD

bwelton
25-03-13, 23:23
I have installed a new 1GB HD and set it up under Mount Manager.
it show:

HARD DISK: ST1000LM024 HN-M
Size: 976.67GB Mount: /media/hdd
Device: /dev/sda1 Type: ext4 R/W

I press the Green button and go through to the next Dialogue Box: Choose where to mount your devices to:

HARD DISK: ST1000LM024 HN-M Size: 976.67GB /dev/sda1 /media/dd

I press the Green button to Save

Next Dialogue shows Updating mount Locations

Next Dialogue shows Restart Vu+ Solo2
I select Yes

Restart comences (I allways think its quite slow on Vix to say it is suposed to be a quick reboot ~2mins before reciver picture is back up after the Boot screen and then spinning VIX logo.)

After the recievr is rebooted I go back to Mount Manager ands it shows

HARD DISK: ST1000LM024 HN-M
Size: unavailable Mount: none
Device: /dev/sda1 Type: unavailable

Any ideas why it is not Saving the HD Mount ??

Many thanks

Larry-G
25-03-13, 23:37
do you have or have you had TSpanel installed on the image even if you have uninstalled it but not reflashed the image ?.

bwelton
26-03-13, 21:33
Hi,

I do not have and have not had TSpanel installed. It's a brand new reciver out of the box delivered with VIX from the sponsor.

Any other ideas ?

Many thanks

Larry-G
26-03-13, 21:36
well if it's a brand spanking new drive it first needs to be initialized via the receiver ( formatted ) before you can mount it.

I'm at work now and have no access to a receiver to check the exact path but you need to go into the HDD section and initialize the drive before you can use it.

bwelton
27-03-13, 10:24
Hi,

I have formated it first on the menu but still no joy. Im going to try and reflash teh box and start again.

Regards
Bob

bwelton
28-03-13, 09:29
Problem Solved

I had to perform a complete new Image Flash of the reciever and now HD can be set up OK. The boot up speed of the box is also a lot quicker than before.

I hink there must have been something wrong with the image / flash as recived from the supplier. (I oped for deliver with the VIX image pre-installed from supllier).

Many thanks for the ideas.

bwelton
14-04-13, 11:51
The problem of the HD Mount happened again after I updated the Skin !! (one of the XBMC loking ones, cant remember exactly which)
The HD mount was lost and whilst it could be reset, it would not save and would be lost with a receiver Restart.

I did not want to go through the whole process of a reflash the Image and and then reinstalling / updating my config all over again, so tried restoring an older Backup from Backup manager, this solved the issue and I can now save the HD Mount.

I'm really suprised that the Skin install caused such a problem.

Larry-G
14-04-13, 11:55
The problem of the HD Mount happened again after I updated the Skin !! (one of the XBMC loking ones, cant remember exactly which)
The HD mount was lost and whilst it could be reset, it would not save and would be lost with a receiver Restart.

I did not want to go through the whole process of a reflash the Image and and then reinstalling / updating my config all over again, so tried restoring an older Backup from Backup manager, this solved the issue and I can now save the HD Mount.

I'm really suprised that the Skin install caused such a problem.

Ideally we would need to see a Debug log from the time of this error to be able to say identify what caused it.

judge
14-04-13, 12:24
Changing skin should never cause this to happen.
Have you other plugins installed that might cause it?

dave_uk
23-04-13, 15:33
do you have or have you had TSpanel installed on the image even if you have uninstalled it but not reflashed the image ?.

Hi, I have this issue just happen today. I installed TSPanel over the weekend. Whats the fix? I havent uninstalled it yet.

Cheers
Dave

judge
23-04-13, 16:29
Hi, I have this issue just happen today. I installed TSPanel over the weekend. Whats the fix? I havent uninstalled it yet.

a reflash without installing TSPanel is the best solution...

Larry-G
23-04-13, 16:32
As judge says it's best to reflash the receiver and setup without installing TSpanel again, as it cant be fully removed any other way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

dave_uk
23-04-13, 19:38
Yea I just went ahead and did that.

Cheers