PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vu+ Duo - Problems Installing OpenVix Image

mark70
25-03-13, 19:17
Can someone please point me in the right direction...!

My Vu+ Duo Clone keeps freezing or tuner failed / No Channels at all, have to keep powering off to change channels. The guy I bought it from (6 months ago), can't get a hold of him (Purchased it from him, only to find out its a clone).

I'm completely NEW to satellite receivers and would appreciate some help.

After reading lots of posts, below are the steps I do, It might last a day, if i'm lucky and then channel tuner failed....!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I insert usb with "duo_cfe_3_usb.zip" remove and reboot.

2. I insert usb with "openvix-3.0.558-vuduo_usb_Ferrari.zip" remove when prompted and reboot...!

3. I do all the approiate on screen steps on installing settings.

4. (Bouquets) I Dreambox Edit Bouquets "Vix 28.2 East Sky UK Bouquets 03-03-13" to Vu+ Duo

5. (CCcam) I ftp/transfer "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk" into... /tmp folder and Transfer CCcam.cfg into... /etc/folder.
Now go to your box and press Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugincams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file in there.
Press "Green" button to install and once completed it will ask for a "Gui Restart". Press OK and wait for box to come back on….
Once the box is ON… press Menu/Setup/Softcam CI / Softcam Manager and in there if you have done everything correctly you should see CCcam 2.2.1
Press "Green" to start CCcam 2.2.1 and it should now be active.
Finally Press "Blue" to enable Auto Start and you are now ready and setup with CCcam 2.2.1

6. (CrossEPG)
- Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to... /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
- Press green OK.
- Now select Crossepg and press OK.
- Select configure and press OK.
- Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
- Set scheduled download time.
- Press Red button for BACK.
- Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
- Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
- Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
- Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
- Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated. This should get most peeps started with Crossepg. EPG data will always be saved provided your power down and reboot your receiver.

Am I missing something....?
Is the image Openvix 3.0 compatible with Vu+ Duo Clone...?
Is the CCcam compatible with Open Vix 3.0 or Vu+ Duo Clone...?

Thanks in advance for any Help
Mark

Larry-G
25-03-13, 19:37
This is not a clone friendly forum, Thread closed.