PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Grainy borders of screen

AnttiP
25-03-13, 16:24
Hello all. Just purchased a new VU+ Solo2 and I was wondering if anybody else has stumbled to the similar issue.
There is grainy borders as you can see on the images attached. Thickness of these grainy edges are just as thick as the area you can see around the UI.

Borders disappears instantly when adjusting whatever setting found in UI Position Setup menu (user interface visibility, move left/right etc). There is no need to save settings, but borders dissappears instantly when adjusting above mentioned setting only one step. BUT grainy borders will allways be back when waking up from deep standby.

The issue wasn't visible when I tried to get screencapture using OpenWebif, therefore actual digipics attached.

Box type is Vu+ Solo2, OpenVIX -build 632 with ViX-Night-HD skin.

craig37
25-03-13, 16:44
Yes mine did something similuar with an early build. I just did a factory reset and it was fine after that..

Larry-G
25-03-13, 16:45
Its likely a issue with overscan on the actual TV it self rather than the receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AnttiP
25-03-13, 17:33
Thanks for your answers.

I haven't tried that factory reset trick yet. Because of lack of time, I wouldn't like to make reset if there exists another solution. I'm also a new to VU+ and therefore I got a preconfigured image and the issue was there from the first start.

However, I'm not expert of TV technology, but does that size of grained area sugges that it's not related to overscan of TV? If I adjust the size of menu UI, the size of the grained area varies too. Please, see the another attached image. Now the UI width is adjusted much smaller. You can see the area where the menu appears when pressing menu button.
That also gives possible workaround: resize the UI to fullfill the whole display area. But still, there is something wrong?

Forgot to mention, grained area is stable. No flickering etc. Only true image coming through transparent spots. And type of the TV is Sony KDL-40W4220

Thank you for your efforts.

Larry-G
25-03-13, 17:41
A factory reset wont help all that will do is wipe the user settings and plugins in the image, returning it to as if it were just flashed. Google overscan and your tv model number to see how to turn it on / off and see if that resolves your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

judge
25-03-13, 17:49
also, check
Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings & change the Mode to see if it resolves it.

AnttiP
25-03-13, 17:56
I think, the Normal/Full pixel setting on the TV disables/enables overscan? If I select 'full pixel' the grained area becomes ever thicker.

Tried also Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings -> Mode and several other settings too, but doesn't make any difference. Only setting which makes borders disappear till the next cold boot, is UI-position setting.

chucknorris666
25-03-13, 19:16
I had this on my solo 2 turned out it was the overscan on my Sony tv once I switched this off the image fitted in the screen perfect with no need for adjustments or fuzzy lines :)

baz135
25-03-13, 19:47
Try menu\setup\user inface and then increase width. this worked for me

Andy_K
29-03-13, 19:43
Try menu\setup\user inface and then increase width. this worked for me

I had the same issue... this also worked fine for me!

drh
15-06-13, 11:56
I had a similar thing happen but only when I put the Vu+ onto a 3D channel and only when the 3D mode has been entered.
Right up until that point, the picture was perfect. As soon as the TV entered 3D mode, I would get about an inch of graphical glitching just down the left and right hand sides of the TV.

It didn't happen every time and when it does happen, I managed to get rid of it temporarily by playing with the 3D mode setting in the following menu:

MENU ->- SETUP ->- SYSTEM ->- USER INTERFACE ->- 3D SETUP ->- MODE

Everywhere else the screen looked fine apart from when the TV went into 3D mode.
I think the problem is the same as mentioned above though, when I first setup the VU+ Solo2 box on my new Panasonic 3D TV, I refined the Vu's UI by editing the settings in menu below, adjusting the screen right to the edge of the TV's display.
By going back in and making sure the UI is not over-bleeding the TV's display, this too seems to have gotten rid of the graphical glitches.

MENU ->- SETUP ->- SYSTEM ->- USER INTERFACE ->- POSITION SETUP

silver.koala
11-12-16, 20:04
The only way is setup,system,av settings and change the mode from 1080i to 576p. This resolved mine

ccs
11-12-16, 20:06
The post you've replied to is over 3 years old.:)

wozles
20-09-18, 22:05
Doesn't mean someone new hasn't the same problem. Me, for instance. :(