PDA

View Full Version : Total greenhorn needs a bit of help!

RS2k
25-03-13, 13:33
1st post so please excuse my ignorance! :D

I've recently installed a VU+ solo (with a VU+ Duo) in a 2nd room. I got great help from a mate in setting everything up and the two boxes are fantastic. I'm really pleased with them so far.

I've 2 questions though:

1/. I'd like to get the VU+ remote to control the tv too. The manual says press button 1 & 3 for 3 seconds and then enter the 4 digit code. The I've googled the tv model(s) for the code but so far it's not produced a result. The tv's are:-

Bush LTF22M4

and

32 LG 2000

2/. Picture size and quality are 100% but the menu and EPG are too big. Where I should be seeing "Main Menu" I can only see "n Menu". Hope this makes sense. I tried Main Menu; Setup; System; TV settings. Am I in the right place? What do I need to change so that the Main Menu and EPG fits the screen.

Any suggestions or help much appreciated :D

Regards,

RS2k.

spireman
25-03-13, 16:56
I'm not sure about your tv remote but the epg problem is your tv you need to change a setting turn overscan off I've got a Samsung 40inch and I had change mine from 16.9 to justscan so look in the menu of your tv
Spireman

Larry-G
25-03-13, 17:13
As pointed out abive you can reposition the OSD via the image or disable overscan on the TV ( the best option ).

now as for the remote you can get the remote to cycle it self to find the correct code ( cant remember the exact procedure as im at work on my mobile but ill try to dig it out later ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RS2k
25-03-13, 19:39
Thanks folks.

TV allowed me set the aspect ratio from 16:9 to auto, and this has made a big improvement.

I tried to cycle the remote as per the instructions (press 1 and 3 simultaneously for 3 secs) and then input 0000. TV power light stayed lit but nothing else happened. I gave up waiting after 5 mins. Should I have been more patient? :D

p.s. How do you wake the box up after it goes into "deep standby"? The power button doesn't do it.

RS2k
13-05-13, 16:03
Sorted out a few issues with some help from here, so thanks.

I have another current one however. Channel 404 says "Tuner failed" everything else is running perfectly.

Any idea why?

satcat
13-05-13, 16:07
more than likely nothing is being broadcast on the channel..maybe the channel as moved? cheers satcat

RS2k
13-05-13, 16:27
Channel is broadcasting ok. It eventually just freezes. Channel 403 and 405 for example are perfect.

RS2k
13-05-13, 21:48
Turns out it was an internet issue. Rebooting the router sorted it.