PDA

View Full Version : ET9500 cable tuner cannot find channels

grunt
25-03-13, 12:51
Hello all,

My first post. Intro: I have a Wavefrontier T90 dish with four Quadro LNB's for a year now, and I am enjoying watching via SAT and the possibilities of my ET9500 a lot. Today, after a year, I switched from OpenPLI to OpenVIX, and like it so far. I managed to set up everything, and it is working well except for one thing: in my ET9500 there's one DVB-S2 tuner (working well) and one DVB-C tuner. I cannot get it to find channels. In OpenPLI there was an extension named CableScan. It always promptly found all channels. It seems this extension is not avaiable for OpenVIX.

Of course, I tried using the on-board methods. As said, this finds no channels. My cable provider is Ziggo (Netherlands), and my network ID is 111, frequency is 356. I have tried several QAM settings, to no avail. "No channels found" :confused:

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

grunt
25-03-13, 13:30
I just switched to a Ziggo channel on the DVB-C tuner, and they all work!! For the record: scanning for channels on the DVB-C tuner yields zero channels. How is OpenVIX different from OpenPLI in this regard? Maybe because I installed a Dutch settings list that includes Ziggo?

Hello all,

My first post. Intro: I have a Wavefrontier T90 dish with four Quadro LNB's for a year now, and I am enjoying watching via SAT and the possibilities of my ET9500 a lot. Today, after a year, I switched from OpenPLI to OpenVIX, and like it so far. I managed to set up everything, and it is working well except for one thing: in my ET9500 there's one DVB-S2 tuner (working well) and one DVB-C tuner. I cannot get it to find channels. In OpenPLI there was an extension named CableScan. It always promptly found all channels. It seems this extension is not avaiable for OpenVIX.

Of course, I tried using the on-board methods. As said, this finds no channels. My cable provider is Ziggo (Netherlands), and my network ID is 111, frequency is 356. I have tried several QAM settings, to no avail. "No channels found" :confused:

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!