PDA

View Full Version : Blank recordings

madaboutlotus
23-03-13, 16:33
It may be an update issue or something else but am continuously not been able to watch anything that has been recorded via the epg? When I go to the video listing the recording is listed and when you select OK the length of the recording is displayed correctly but no video will play. What could be going wrong. Any suggestions would be grateful as I am losing all my favorite programmes.

Stanman
23-03-13, 16:51
Did you initilaise the HDD, when you select a recording does it have a timer in the RHS of the menu?

What is your local card and which cam are you using?

madaboutlotus
23-03-13, 18:30
I don't need to initialize the hdd as it records perfectly well with instant recording from the remote. Yes the timer symbol is displayed and the programme appears in the video menu. Using cccam

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

andyblac
25-03-13, 11:10
is this about Free To Air or encrypted channels ?, also is the epg data fully populated with data via CrossEPG or XMLTVImpoter ?

andy.

madaboutlotus
25-03-13, 23:56
is this about Free To Air or encrypted channels ?, also is the epg data fully populated with data via CrossEPG or XMLTVImpoter ?

andy.
Andy
Looks like it is just encrypted channels. The epg data is fully populated via ABM. Have you thought of any clues as to why this is happening?

andyblac
26-03-13, 00:12
Andy
Looks like it is just encrypted channels. The epg data is fully populated via ABM. Have you thought of any clues as to why this is happening?

then sounds like drivers to me, as the python code is same for both.

madaboutlotus
26-03-13, 09:00
Hi Andy. Were the drivers updated on the last software update or its there a separate drivers update pending?

madaboutlotus
27-03-13, 08:58
Andy
Error log files sent back to Vix Team. As posted on another thread I can copy here but it is quite long or I can send as an attachement.

eblaster101
30-03-13, 14:50
try updating your CCCam to 2.30 as mentioned on another thread. Had the same problem as you.

madaboutlotus
31-03-13, 01:16
try updating your CCCam to 2.30 as mentioned on another thread. Had the same problem as you.

Ok I'll give anything a go to try and cure this problem. But was there not a warning about using 2.3 something about it being a back door?

eblaster101
31-03-13, 11:59
nope its a myth and if you're using it as a client only on your box even less to worry about.

madaboutlotus
07-04-13, 21:43
I am getting seriously pissed off with these failed recordings. It just seems to be so random, everything will record ok for a while and then several programmes look as though they are recorded but no playback. This is not just happening to sky programmes it is also fta as well. Sent in numerous logs but I never get any feedback from them. Is there nobody out there that can sort this out?

madaboutlotus
08-04-13, 06:33
Apologies guys for my language on my last post. Just a bit frustrated last night and had a stressful day:)

hollinshead
08-04-13, 10:19
Have you considered trying another cam other than cccam?

I've got a GB Quad and use Oscam from the feeds, I've never had one issue with blank recordings since getting the box in November.

madaboutlotus
08-04-13, 10:46
Have you considered trying another cam other than cccam?

I've got a GB Quad and use Oscam from the feeds, I've never had one issue with blank recordings since getting the box in November.

Not considered that option as I have always had no problems with cccam. Are you using VIX 3.0 and the latest build.

hollinshead
08-04-13, 20:42
Not considered that option as I have always had no problems with cccam. Are you using VIX 3.0 and the latest build.

I'm currently using build 3.0.645 and OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #5953

I downloaded it from the Plugin Menu on Vix

marty
13-04-13, 09:14
When I go to the video listing the recording is listed and when you select OK the length of the recording is displayed correctly but no video will play.

Never had any issue with mine until last night :confused:
I recorded Modern Family at 8:30pm=OK, Revolution at 9pm=BLANK and Smackdown at 10pm=OK
No logs generated.

hollinshead
13-04-13, 09:47
Never had any issue with mine until last night :confused:
I recorded Modern Family at 8:30pm=OK, Revolution at 9pm=BLANK and Smackdown at 10pm=OK
No logs generated.

What cam are you using?

Like I previously said I've never had an issue with blank recordings on my box but I'm using OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #5953

marty
13-04-13, 10:12
What cam are you using?

Like I previously said I've never had an issue with blank recordings on my box but I'm using OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #5953

Been using cccam 2.3.0 ever since it came out, never had a problem. My TM-Single also uses it and has no issues with recordings.

marty
01-06-13, 08:58
This is happening more and more often now for me :mad:
Seems completely random too :eek:
It doesn't matter if I record two channels at the same time or just one, results are the same, 1 in 3 records of late are just black.

I'm getting to the point that if I want to record something I use the TM-Single to do it :)

An example.

Yesterday I set the timer for Sky1HD for Futurama, The Middle, Modern Family and Revolution all on one after the other. I watched the 1st program while it was recording then went up to bed.
I had set other timers too for yesterday, a movie and WWE.

There was NO timer conflicts, The Middle, Modern Family and Revolution all blank recordings (but the correct running time) the other was OK

marty
01-06-13, 10:04
Mmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:
Just looked at some recordings I did over the past few weeks I hadn't seen yet.

Some were sound only (no picture) and I had one really weird recording where there was no sound but it was like it was running at double speed but the time was running at normal speed.
I even tried watching them on my PC with VLC and got the same results so the problem lies with the actual recording and not related to playback.

marty
02-06-13, 12:33
Got a recording of 5 mins now :mad:

Just did a fresh reflash and NOTHING installed but SMB/NFS and CCCAM 2.3.0

robelind
03-06-13, 11:05
I've also experienced these problems on my Quad.
Bland recordings, recordings that when played back seem to run at double speed etc.
Very frustrating.

madaboutlotus
04-06-13, 08:23
Guys
The only way I manged to sort this out was to re-flash the image and remount the HDD. Fortunately all the recordings that were good were still on the HDD much to the wife's thanks.

marty
04-06-13, 08:41
I did a fresh flash a couple of days ago, I didn't use ANY backups etc and redid everything from the ground up.
SO far so good :) I've done 6-7 recording and all OK so far.

I didn't re-format the HDD but I did erase EVERYTHING off it but for the movie folder.

I normally have loads of recording set on Fridays so that will be the real test.

marty
05-06-13, 08:18
I thought everything was OK but disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here comes honey boo boo didn't record yesterday :mad::sofahide:

marty
07-06-13, 12:11
Recorded a load of Family Guys last night, one after the other.
Getting some playing back at double speed but this time they play OK on the PC with VLC, BUT play back at normal speed on my TM-Single with NO sound and as jerky as hell :mad:

skippie
07-06-13, 12:41
I've also experienced these problems on my Quad.
Bland recordings, recordings that when played back seem to run at double speed etc.
Very frustrating.

yes i had the same problems on my quad too.

still got blank recordings when recording following programs, i need to set the first timer to stop 1 minute earlier then it records the second properly.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

marty
07-06-13, 13:50
I've just flashed to 649 as this image uses a different kernel (3.5.1) and drivers as a test to see how the recordings are with this.
I have set 4 recordings in a row on TLC so I'll post the results in a few hours. I also have a lot of recordings set for tonight so I 'should' know tomorrow where the problem lies (I hope :p )

I've only had this problem since 'around' the time we went from 3.5.1 to 3.3.6 but I'm not 100% sure (hence the test ;) )
If it is still the same I'll test an older image with kernel 2.6.3 as this was rock solid for recordings.

3.8.3 is due any time now (with new drivers) so hopefully things might be better with that :)

rossi2000
07-06-13, 14:14
it was due anytime now a couple of weeks ago lol

marty
07-06-13, 14:22
it was due anytime now a couple of weeks ago lol

So were many things :p
Never again will I buy GB ;) next box will be a DuoČ but I have to find the dosh first :o

marty
07-06-13, 15:31
Made 4 recordings on TLC 3 failed all different problems!!!!!!! using 649 (kernel 3.5.1)

1st rerecording OK
2nd double speed
3rd no picture/sound
4th started for a split second they the time remaining showed 800+ mins and then went back to the media player menu :mad:

Tis a farce :D

Gonna try 2.6.3 in a mo

EDIT: Just flashed to 574 2.6.3 kernel (last image before the 3.5.1 kernel)
I've set several recording so I'll report back in a few hours.

rossi2000
07-06-13, 16:17
tbh i dont recall having such an issue.
i dont record that much but i'll test out some of my recordings tonight.
all recordings will have been made on all versions of kernel with vix.

Wizard55
07-06-13, 16:26
Please do, I was going to buy a quad as cheaper than solo 2. Be interested in your findings as already have a tm twin that dosent record

rossi2000
07-06-13, 16:27
i thought the tm problems were sorted with the latest drivers?

marty
07-06-13, 16:30
tbh i dont recall having such an issue.
i dont record that much but i'll test out some of my recordings tonight.
all recordings will have been made on all versions of kernel with vix.

Try recording several programs in a row all on the same channel :thumbsup:

marty
07-06-13, 16:46
Results are in and............................................... ......................

Still the bloody same :smash:

rossi2000
07-06-13, 16:50
why has this only just come to light now?

marty
07-06-13, 16:52
why has this only just come to light now?

I have no idea :confused: seems I'm not the only one though (which in a way is relieving, at least its not me doing summut stupid :) )

BubbleBalls
07-06-13, 16:52
Hi,

Never had issues like this on the Quad but will test the 4inaRow tonight and let you know.

I find the box brilliant.

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 16:54
I have never had any of these problems with any of my 2 Quads..

Try initializing your HDD Marty.. and see how that goes..

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 16:55
Just as a matter of interest.. What make and model of HDD`s do you have in your Quads.. ??

marty
07-06-13, 17:07
Seagate ST750LM022 750GB

BubbleBalls
07-06-13, 18:55
Marty,
I have 2 X sat tuners and 1 X DTT (Saorview)

I set 4 program's back to back through Gepg on Tiny Pop from 4:30 today.
I set 4 program's back to back through Gepg on Disney from 4:30 today.
I set 2 program's back to back through Gepg on DTT from 4:30 today.

Every one of them is perfect.
HDD is Toshiba Model : HDTB110EK3BA

I know I have regular Autotimer created recordings that are back to back and have never had an issue with them.

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 19:35
I set recordings on TLC HD earlier today.. To record 4 programmes one after the other from 5pm to 7pm..

I just whizzed through all 4 recordings.. and everything is fine..

rossi2000
07-06-13, 20:03
and ive just played back all my recordings and all fine!

Wizard55
07-06-13, 22:29
So there is no issue re recordings ?..

BubbleBalls
07-06-13, 22:55
So there is no issue re recordings ?..

Hi,

I've had no issues from the Quad at all. The thing that pisses owners off are
Sat plug n play tuners are still not available and
Gbit LAN is advertised on the box but not working - USB adapters have been promised to some - though I have no personal experience.

The tuners will become available. I can wait.
Gbit does not effect me - it was not a consideration when I was buying.

The Quad has been fantastic for me. Rock solid and never any issues with autotimer created recordings/instant recordings. I installed a hdd myself.

The issues with blank timers could be caused by something other the Quad itself? I don't know. I hope the guys effected find a solution - I know it would wreck my head.

But personally I can't fault the Quad.

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 23:24
But personally I can't fault the Quad.

Tapatalker

Same here bud.. IMO.. Best box on the market.. Totally bullet proof..

marty
08-06-13, 07:21
Made 8 recordings yesterday, 6 failed :eek:
Either blank or just sound and no picture :(

madaboutlotus
08-06-13, 07:53
Well Marty I know the feeling and it really grates on you after a while, no alone the earache from the wife! Have you tried wiping and loading a computer new image? After that just remount the hdd that way all your good recordings should be saved. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

seame
08-06-13, 08:18
I don't record that often but when I have done they've all been perfect, I use a Toshiba mk8052gs HDD

marty
09-06-13, 08:42
A bit of an update.
Mr.Mister sent me a copy of his image to try.
I made 20+ recordings in total and every one of them was perfect :confused:
This has me baffled, I had done a fresh flash on mine beforehand and still had failed recordings.

pooface
09-06-13, 08:58
A bit of an update.
Mr.Mister sent me a copy of his image to try.
I made 20+ recordings in total and every one of them was perfect :confused:
This has me baffled, I had done a fresh flash on mine beforehand and still had failed recordings.

Maybe a setting you made that Steve didn't? Also, a plugin that either of you installed that made it work or ballsed it up!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

marty
09-06-13, 09:05
Maybe a setting you made that Steve didn't? Also, a plugin that either of you installed that made it work or ballsed it up!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I reflashed mine all I added was SMB and NFS and CCCAM.
Steve didn't have SMB and NFS installed, I did add them and ALL recordings were perfect.
I'm waiting for Steve to have a look at my image I sent him ;) maybe that will shed some light?

BubbleBalls
09-06-13, 09:35
Interesting. With my Duo for 9 months (from new) and my Quad for 6 months (from new) I have never been able to +24hrs or -24hrs. I have fresh flashed numerous times and tried no plugins but it has always been that way for me.

So is it possible, as this thread suggests, that the same image acts differently on the same model box, in different circumstances? Could our ISP, Windows version, unrar program, USB stick etc cause a tiny difference when flashing? In my case non functioning + or -24hrs and in Marty's case (and others) timer related issues?

marty
09-06-13, 11:22
Could our ISP, Windows version, unrar program, USB stick etc cause a tiny difference when flashing?

No, because I used the same PC/ISP/USB stick ;)

BubbleBalls
09-06-13, 11:39
No, because I used the same PC/ISP/USB stick ;)

Thanks,
I just can't get my head around that if Mr Mister, yourself and myself are using the same image/build that there are differences (this is assuming you guys can skip 24hrs?)

Would you or Mr Mister mind if I tried that image? just curious.

marty
09-06-13, 11:40
Thanks,
I just can't get my head around that if Mr Mister, yourself and myself are using the same image/build that there are differences (this is assuming you guys can skip 24hrs?)

Would you or Mr Mister mind if I tried that image? just curious.

I can certainly give you MY image to try.

marty
09-06-13, 17:50
Finally nailed it :p

Seems you MUST have at least 1 min before and after in the recording settings.
After loads of testing it seems if you set it to "o" mins you will get failed recordings.

I was using a backup image of Steves and I made 20+ recordings with no issues, I then set the time to "0" mins and instantly got failed recordings.

So, those who have issues please see what your before/after setting are :)

BubbleBalls
09-06-13, 20:53
Nice one Marty. Sorry - I PM'ed you before I seen this post. Thanks for your help.

that's my little theory ruled out - way off the mark!!

skippie
10-06-13, 22:05

After loads of testing it seems if you set it to "o" mins you will get failed recordings.

I was using a backup image of Steves and I made 20+ recordings with no issues, I then set the time to "0" mins and instantly got failed recordings.

I'll try this and report back, set to 1 min before and 15 mins after

UPDATE : this works :)

skippie
13-06-13, 10:14
UPDATE : build 680 (gigablue quad)

tried twice now : 0 mins before and 0 mins after recording :

both times the second recording was PERFECT :)

gonna do more testing.

marty
13-06-13, 10:22
UPDATE : build 680 (gigablue quad)

gonna do more testing.

You need to record 4 to be sure ;)
Mr. Mister tested an image I sent him (it was set to "0" mins) at 1st it was OK then he too got failed recordings.

I personally have recorded a good 30+ programs since with NO problems (set at 2 mins before and after) and I'm 99% sure this is the fix :thumbsup:
I can set it back to "0" and get failed recordings quite consistently :D

skippie
13-06-13, 10:42
update : did 4 in a row now and only the 1st got sound, the 3 next don't have sound. :(

marty
13-06-13, 10:43
update : did 4 in a row now and only the 1st got sound, the 3 next don't have sound. :(

Set it to 2 mins REBOOT and try again and you'll find its then OK :thumbsup:

Mr. Mister
13-06-13, 10:48

gonna do more testing.

You can not set it to "0"..

You must give it a time of 1 minute or above..

skippie
13-06-13, 11:03
yes that works. I've set to 1 min before and 20 minutes after and no problems.

marty
13-06-13, 11:11
20 is a bit extreme :D

skippie
13-06-13, 13:14

yes i know but it does happen that 15 mins is not enough.

pooface
13-06-13, 19:22
I agree that on some foreign channels you need a lot of leeway... I usually use about 20 mins before and after with French channels, but Rob had said before on ditch channels, he uses 30 min buffer!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
16-06-13, 10:25
Not in the Netherlands: I have to set -5 to + 30 to be (more or less) sure to capture an event completely. I'm rather jealous to our UK friends: UK-programs are always spot on!

marty
16-06-13, 11:22
Not in the Netherlands: I have to set -5 to + 30 to be (more or less) sure to capture an event completely. I'm rather jealous to our UK friends: UK-programs are always spot on!

That's because the Dutch are too busy having a "Scmoke" :sofahide:

BubbleBalls
19-06-13, 21:52

I have always used a buffer, start and finish. Just thinking. Should the minimum before/after be default at 1 min. At the moment you can still select 0. Or is the issue resolved in recent builds?

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
19-06-13, 22:50
I have never had this problem that you guys had..

As far as i am aware.. Marty changed the start time to -1.. and end time to -1.. And this seems to have fixed his issue..

BubbleBalls
19-06-13, 23:31
Marty found that a buffer was needed. So I'm just thinking that the buffer (minimum 1 min) should be hard-set in the image. At the moment you can still select 0 mins. Does 0 mins still cause blank recordings?

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
19-06-13, 23:35
Not sure buddy.. Why not try it and see..

marty
20-06-13, 05:22
Does 0 mins still cause blank recordings?

Tapatalker

yep last time I tested ;)