PDA

View Full Version : VIX 3.0 upgrade has chuffed my dads box

Ghostleader
22-03-13, 11:48
My dad was HEAVY moaning about his epg not working any more, long story short, usb flashed the reciever with Vix 3.0 now the heep of guff gets stuck on the boot up screen if I tried to mount his 16Gb usb stick, after FOUR flashes all in I left last night with the box just working and no more (Gave up on trying to have his previously mounted fine usb stick working), fone call this morning, the box is stuck on the boot up screen again! (EPG update has no doubt chuffed it this time), raging with this!!

Alanp
22-03-13, 11:53
maybe wrong but does the boot loader need updating

mickyblueys
22-03-13, 11:54
Vix build number?
What epg sources you using?
Etc.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

judge
22-03-13, 11:54
Sorry to say but it's more likely you that chuffed up your dads box rather than Vix.

What build did you flash?
What build as previously on the box?
Did you flash the current bootloader?

Alanp
22-03-13, 12:00

Extract then flash the same way as you would an image (delete the image vuplus folder from your usb stick first as the boot loader update is also called vuplus) then flash in the same method as for an image update should only take a few seconds then reinstall vix 3.0 hope this helps

Ghostleader
22-03-13, 12:03
Im away from the unit at the mo, but the box was on 2.4 (Which is what mine is on with no crashes for what must be a year), I downloaded Vix 3 from here and after flashing I checked for "online updates" which the box returned with "Nothing to update", the box seems fine after this, all I done last night was install the Catseye channel list, all was still fine. Its just went wrong during sleep last night.

Ghostleader
22-03-13, 12:18
Sorry to say but it's more likely you that chuffed up your dads box rather than Vix.

What build did you flash?
What build as previously on the box?
Did you flash the current bootloader?

You might be right Judge but hes moaning was doing ma t*ts in buddy, he should of stuck with a closed source box like a Technomate 5402, I'd long since gave up on the Crosspeg auto updating at night lol

judge
22-03-13, 12:24
You might be right Judge but hes moaning was doing ma t*ts in buddy, he should of stuck with a closed source box like a Technomate 5402, I'd long since gave up on the Crosspeg auto updating at night lol

maybe buy him a cheap closed source box so?
Crosspeg updates in my house, in my mothers house, in my sisters house... every night without fail.
What settings and sources are you using?

Larry-G
22-03-13, 12:26
I'd long since gave up on the Crosspeg auto updating at night lol

I currently have 6 receivers all running with CrossEPG as their EPG source and none of them ever misses a beat but for very rare occasions, when that happens it's usually a 1 minute fix and away you go again.

Ghostleader
22-03-13, 12:43
maybe buy him a cheap closed source box so?
Crosspeg updates in my house, in my mothers house, in my sisters house... every night without fail.
What settings and sources are you using?

Lol, He'd moan about the lack of program details then!, Open EPG download from Astra, the top one, saved to mounted usb, mines would jam half way thru the process once a week or so, wake up to the bloody radio screen and the VIX spinner doing its merry dance lol

Ghostleader
22-03-13, 12:48
Mannual EPG download never crashed to be totally fair to all the coders etc, just a problem I counldnt be bothered "breaking" other things over. Blue button update method will do me! ImDB has long since bit the bullet as well on mine on 2.4 lol, aw well!

Larry-G
22-03-13, 12:52
well it is fair to say that ViX 2.4 was long since abandoned and it is not updated any longer, so when things do break we cant issues fixes for this image.