PDA

View Full Version : Somemore Updates are online.

andyblac
01-10-10, 10:00
the new drivers have been added to the image.
also i spent all yesterday going through Coolmans excellent CoolTVGuide plugin, to see if i could optimise the code so it launches any quicker, well after hours and hours of reading through his code and trying understand what was slowing the plugin down, i finally did it, the plugin now launches in 1 second or less, previously my epg took 4 secs to launch.

so i would defiantly go do a Software updated, i have also past on my code change to Coolman so hopefully he will use my code changes so everyone else not using my image can benefit.

bassethound
01-10-10, 10:24
Amazing work andyblac a one man coding wizard thanks for all your unrelenting work on the VIX image

OldSkulRide
01-10-10, 10:53
andyblac, thanks for sharing code. CoolTV plugin is great but its launching time is to big atm.

bob1
01-10-10, 18:40
Updated mine and all looks fine,my epg loads in less than 1 second, i suppose it depends how much you have in the epg list.

keith0509
01-10-10, 22:00
Thanks andy, love the improved epg time.
Was gonna mention it but knew it would be sorted pronto.
Just to mention as-well that when I did the software update, the response and server download was very good.
THANK YOU.;)

spacemonkey
01-10-10, 22:35
BIG Thanks for this

koyote_0942
01-10-10, 23:24
thanks andyblac very much speed now

cervot
01-10-10, 23:24
Thanks for the update andy, keep up the good work :)

micscave
02-10-10, 01:42
Thanks mate, it's really quick now.

andyblac
02-10-10, 08:52
did you all know that you can now use PIG (Picture In Graphics) with it too, i coded the option in to the setting page just turn it on and restart :)

SLOTH
02-10-10, 09:03
Much appreciated mate ...nice work
Sloth

Sicilian
02-10-10, 09:13
did you all know that you can now use PIG (Picture In Graphics) with it too, i coded the option in to the setting page just turn it on and restart :)

Now your showing off again :roflmao: :rofl:

Once PIG is enabled I've recommend changing your event font sizes too ;)

SLOTH
02-10-10, 09:15
Hi Andy
i meant to ask , can these updates be done just via the software update button , or do we need to download the image zip again and re install ?
thanks
Sloth

grtmoby
02-10-10, 09:21

you are the man to beat now Andy :trustme:

grtmoby
02-10-10, 09:23
Hi Andy
i meant to ask , can these updates be done just via the software update button , or do we need to download the image zip again and re install ?
thanks
Sloth

no it can be done through the software update

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 09:42
One thing I've noticed with the improved epg, not sure if it's a setting I can enable,

With the original epg, if I skipped forwards 24 hrs, it would show the day above the picons.

Now it doesn't, hence if I skip forwards a few days, I don't have a clue what day I'm on?

andyblac
02-10-10, 09:43
you are the man to beat now Andy :trustme:

some members over at the 'other' vuplus-support site dont think so :p

andyblac
02-10-10, 09:44
One thing I've noticed with the improved epg, not sure if it's a setting I can enable,

With the original epg, if I skipped forwards 24 hrs, it would show the day above the picons.

Now it doesn't, hence if I skip forwards a few days, I don't have a clue what day I'm on?

ok, i'll look into it, :)

Sicilian
02-10-10, 09:46

I for one don't really care what they think :D

They haven't even had the decency to implement dedicated sections for our image, yet we've always had a section for theirs and have always provided some good english tech support for their images.

vu-duo-user
02-10-10, 09:47
Thanks for you hard work. :) :) :)

andyblac
02-10-10, 09:47
Now your showing off again :roflmao: :rofl:

Once PIG is enabled I've recommend changing your event font sizes too ;)

just press button '7' it will flip between more or less item :), i have mine set to 5 items then if you press 7, you will get 10 items :), i coded that too :), coolmans did not work correctly

grtmoby
02-10-10, 09:50

unfortunately, some people can't admit that "you" is doing a better job and they just blah blah blah

for us and the majority sure you are ;)

SLOTH
02-10-10, 09:52
I,m with you on this one Scilian

I for one don't really care what they think :D

They haven't even had the decency to implement dedicated sections for our image, yet we've always had a section for theirs and have always provided some good english tech support for their images.

Stanman
02-10-10, 10:17

How do you enable this?

grtmoby
02-10-10, 10:29
How do you enable this?

epg button>menu>PIG (second page) and change it to yes

make a full restart to the box, not just the gui

andyblac
02-10-10, 11:02

just GUI is fine :)

grtmoby
02-10-10, 11:23
just GUI is fine :)

this what it was said beside the line :rolleyes:

but good to know as it is faster ;)

DrProzac
02-10-10, 11:28
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the great work.
That really does load so much quicker now and makes it a joy to use!

:)

andyblac
02-10-10, 12:17
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the great work.
That really does load so much quicker now and makes it a joy to use!

:)

got a response from coolman, he said that it makes no difference to him (i think he is using VTI), i is saying that he thinks it must be our image that is slow. :rofl:

has anyone checked CoolTVGuide on VTI to see how quick it loads ?

torreslegend
02-10-10, 13:17
just press button '7' it will flip between more or less item :), i have mine set to 5 items then if you press 7, you will get 10 items :), i coded that too :), coolmans did not work correctly

Loving everything about this image so far! However with these latest updates if I press 7 on the EPG I get green screen every time! Am I doing something wrong?

koyote_0942
02-10-10, 14:46

thank for work

andyblac
02-10-10, 15:23
Loving everything about this image so far! However with these latest updates if I press 7 on the EPG I get green screen every time! Am I doing something wrong?

strange but i think i have found it, i'll push an update soon :)

Dodde
03-10-10, 22:08
Nice work ,but i can not get my PIG to work, must i do something adjustment with lines or font size

andyblac
04-10-10, 20:14
Nice work ,but i can not get my PIG to work, must i do something adjustment with lines or font size

what skin are you using ?

Dodde
04-10-10, 20:37
Hello , i use Kerni from your plugin download

dfdream
04-10-10, 20:52
All,

Would this thread be better left to VIX team to list the new updates rather than posting questions.

A one stop shop for updates to the VIX Image.

D

Sicilian
05-10-10, 04:35
All,

Would this thread be better left to VIX team to list the new updates rather than posting questions.

A one stop shop for updates to the VIX Image.

D

Checkout this post ;) http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2600-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.1-26-09-2010&p=18360&viewfull=1#post18360

koyote_0942
06-10-10, 23:12
is possible in the next version the skin DM Concinnity Transparent HD?

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7007/sinttuloxpa.jpg (http://img266.imageshack.us/i/sinttuloxpa.jpg/)

Coolman
09-10-10, 14:42

Hi Andy,

your code did not work correctly too !

i recode it again...
look the new update...
now it works perfect...

the same with the PIG and no PIG...
this works now perfect too :)

Coolman
09-10-10, 15:11
got a response from coolman, he said that it makes no difference to him (i think he is using VTI), i is saying that he thinks it must be our image that is slow. :rofl:

has anyone checked CoolTVGuide on VTI to see how quick it loads ?

Why you laugh ??

i have 10 Beta Testers and all are at different Boxes...

from VU+ to all Dreamboxes from 800 to HD 8000

and all told me the same !!!

my code and your code from the Bouquet have the same speed...

so i can look around 30 different Boxes with a lot of different Images...
and the only one who say the code is slower are you with VIX...

you don't think it's a problem from your image then ??

and my code have no windows who go open!!

so for me.. i let my code in

all Dreamboxes and Vu+ with VTI are very happy with it...

andyblac
09-10-10, 23:06
Why you laugh ??

i have 10 Beta Testers and all are at different Boxes...

from VU+ to all Dreamboxes from 800 to HD 8000

and all told me the same !!!

my code and your code from the Bouquet have the same speed...

so i can look around 30 different Boxes with a lot of different Images...
and the only one who say the code is slower are you with VIX...

you don't think it's a problem from your image then ??

and my code have no windows who go open!!

so for me.. i let my code in

all Dreamboxes and Vu+ with VTI are very happy with it...

as i have told you before, we use hundreds of bouquets and 11,000 channels and it was slow even on pli and VTI, i tested both, and using my code it was 3x times faster. as that why i laugh, it was not our image but you code using hundreds of bouquets.

i will take a look at you new code but if it was like the last sample you sent i will not be using it. (the bouquet part)

Coolman
10-10-10, 01:11
as i have told you before, we use hundreds of bouquets and 11,000 channels and it was slow even on pli and VTI, i tested both, and using my code it was 3x times faster. as that why i laugh, it was not our image but you code using hundreds of bouquets.

i will take a look at you new code but if it was like the last sample you sent i will not be using it. (the bouquet part)

Hi Andy

the Bouquet Part is not New...
but the setItemsPerPage...
at the beginning i thought your code was for this very cool...
it was small, quick...
and you know.. with my code i was not 100% happy...
but a lot of testers get with your code more and more crashes...
so i must make it new...
but your first line in the code give me the perfect idea!! :)
now it's only the half... very quick...
and... i found a way to change the high for the small line...
and the speed is under 0,5 sec :) very cool
you will love it...

the next is the pig change...
its now at the Info/EPG Button...
i think this is a better place...

and for the Bouquet code...
im also not happy with my code and also not with yours...
my code have no windows..
your code is better for a big big EPG list...
(this i can't test, but i believe you)
you know me.. im like you and we want the best :)
and the best i think its the speed without window..
if you want to see a windows you can press at bouquet and you see a window..
but for + - i don't like the window...
and i ask a lot of people what is better or what they like...
so for this bouguet code i test better ways...
but if you have a cool idea without window...
no problem and i take your code for the bouquet...

and test the picon 54...
this work perfect too...

and at the other forum...
this i can't believe...
i hear nothing negative about you!!
the opposite is true...
look my new update and you will see your name is at the special thanks :)

OldSkulRide
10-10-10, 08:44
i just installed newest cooltv on openpli and its starts extremely slow. Cant use it really. MultiEPG opens instantly.

dibbz
16-10-10, 12:40
we use hundreds of bouquets and 11,000 channels

Any chance of future updates including a complete satellites.xml?

The upstream enigma1/2 bug s/Bisbane/Brisbane in timezone.xml is annoying also, if both those fixes were in VIX my side of the globe would be very grateful :)

I see also there is no epgimporter/CoolEPG source for the CrossEPG /media/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat in /etc/RyVIXepg/rytec.sources.xml
I added this but should I need to,am I missing something?

churs!

Rob van der Does
16-02-11, 17:32
w.r.t. Cool TV: it still takes more than 3 seconds to open on VIX; the only thing I noticed is that there are no spinners during opening.

Larry-G
16-02-11, 17:41
Any chance of future updates including a complete satellites.xml?

The upstream enigma1/2 bug s/Bisbane/Brisbane in timezone.xml is annoying also, if both those fixes were in VIX my side of the globe would be very grateful :)

I see also there is no epgimporter/CoolEPG source for the CrossEPG /media/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat in /etc/RyVIXepg/rytec.sources.xml
I added this but should I need to,am I missing something?

churs!

to be honest i think including the full satellites.xml will be a waste of time and space on the box. after all there is not a place on the planet that can receive every single satellite up there. and to be fair it literally takes seconds to customise a satellites.xml for your own needs and copy it over to your box.

silverfox0786
16-02-11, 17:44
i just installed newest cooltv on openpli and its starts extremely slow. Cant use it really. MultiEPG opens instantly.

w.r.t. Cool TV: it still takes more than 3 seconds to open on VIX; the only thing I noticed is that there are no spinners during opening.

cool tv can be installed via feeds, but the speed of this plugin is down to the originator, if you want speed over features I suggest you stick with ViX-EPG as this has been stripped down to get the most speed possible, if you are still having speed issues on launch with ViX-EPG, can I suggest that you try using favourites and not have all your channels in the root of it (like BM16 channels settings) as this forces the the epg to read ALL the epg data for ALL channels and will take time to do so. when you split up your channels into favourites it will then only read the epg data for those channels in that favourite at a time, and will thus take less time to launch.

Rob van der Does
16-02-11, 17:58
I don't seem to be able to activate ViX-EPG. I de-installed Cool TV.

Sicilian
16-02-11, 18:02
I don't seem to be able to activate ViX-EPG. I de-installed Cool TV.

Did you re-boot after un-install? What do you get when you press EPG button?

Rob van der Does
16-02-11, 18:11
Yes. Seems to be a conflict with MultiQuickButton. I have a function assigned to the EPG button, but I can't revert to original (probably as the VIX-EPG does not exist on other images, thus the command for VIX-EPG in MQB is not there).
So back to Cool TV.

Sicilian
16-02-11, 18:13
Yes. Seems to be a conflict with MultiQuickButton. I have a function assigned to the EPG button, but I can't revert to original (probably as the VIX-EPG does not exist on other images, thus the command for VIX-EPG in MQB is not there).
So back to Cool TV.

If you install MQB you need to disable the VIX coloured buttons, VIX Menu > VIX Settings.

andyblac
16-02-11, 18:14
So back to Cool TV.

what do you use MultiQuick Button for

Rob van der Does
16-02-11, 18:20
If you install MQB you need to disable the VIX coloured buttons, VIX Menu > VIX Settings.Yep, I did so.

what do you use MultiQuick Button forMQB is extremely handy to assign functions to many (long & short push) buttons. I know the VIX-Menu does that also, but that's very limited.

andyblac
16-02-11, 18:25
Yep, I did so.

MQB is extremely handy to assign functions to many (long & short push) buttons. I know the VIX-Menu does that also, but that's very limited.

is there no option n MQB to leave as system setting ?, if not let me know and i will se if i can make a patched version for you, did you install from feeds ?

Rob van der Does
16-02-11, 18:32
is there no option in MQB to leave as system setting ?, if not let me know and i will se if i can make a patched version for you, No. There is an option to add functions, that is normally good for this, but VIX-EPG does not show up there.

did you install from feeds ?No, as you seem to have version 2.7.1 in the feeds.
I use 2.7.5 as I know it works fine on PLi 2.0 (and it does on VIX as weel, apart from this little problem).
There is already version 2.7.7 , but that gives unexplainable problems with PLi (so I presume with VIX as well).

andyblac
16-02-11, 18:36
No. There is an option to add functions, that is normally good for this, but VIX-EPG does not show up there.

No, as you seem to have version 2.7.1 in the feeds.
I use 2.7.5 as I know it works fine on PLi 2.0 (and it does on VIX as weel, apart from this little problem).
There is already version 2.7.7 , but that gives unexplainable problems with PLi (so I presume with VIX as well).

post both here and will try to patch it and repost, and place in feeds

Rob van der Does
16-02-11, 18:49
Here you are. It would be great if you could get 2,7,5 to work.
After install of 2.7.7. the very first assigning (and saving of course) of buttons works fine. But opening the plugin a second time always results in a GS (even on a clean flashed system, with only MQB installed). This problem also exists is vs. 2.7.6, but again: 2.7.5 works great.

Attached you also find the (non-specific) crashreport (PLi 2.0).

andyblac
16-02-11, 19:34
Here you are. It would be great if you could get 2,7,5 to work.
After install of 2.7.7. the very first assigning (and saving of course) of buttons works fine. But opening the plugin a second time always results in a GS (even on a clean flashed system, with only MQB installed). This problem also exists is vs. 2.7.6, but again: 2.7.5 works great.

Attached you also find the (non-specific) crashreport (PLi 2.0).

thanks, i'll see what i can do.

the GS is down lack of free memory, the originator is using shell commads to do things,(i wish coder's would learn to code in python properly, this is the reason i coded our softcam manager to ONLY use shell commands where absolutely necessary). i will see if i can recode it to be more memory efficient.

in the mean time try using a swapfile it will probably stop the GS.

Andy.

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuickButton/MultiQuickButton.py", line 310, in updateSettings
okexitstatus = int(os.popen("cat /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuickButton/keymap.xml | wc -l", "r").read())
OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

niteman1969
17-02-11, 02:04
Any chance these sort of announcemens, and new image announcements can be made to
pop up like the rule changes did when you log into the forum?

I think it could be useful / helpful just a suggestion.

Regards

Niteman1969

silverfox0786
17-02-11, 04:34
not every one that comes on the forum is a vu user so forceing every one to see notices of updates would be a little silly.

Best thing to do is subscribe to the updates thread and have it so you get instant notifications that way you will be kept informed

all relevent links are in my sig

Rob van der Does
17-02-11, 06:18
in the mean time try using a swapfile it will probably stop the GS.
No, I won't. A swapfile will only slow down my system, and there can't be a real memory shortage; this also happens on an empty system, with only MQB installed . The problemreport must have another (non-related?) cause.

As the DUO has plenty of memory, a swapfile can hardly ever, if ever, be useful. Maybe one exception: during fchck a large HDD.

Rob van der Does
17-02-11, 07:32
thanks, i'll see what i can do.If you look into it, you will also notice that the localisation file only relates to the mainscreen of the plugin, not to all the button functions. They are all in German.

If it would be possible for you to add all text to the .mo/.po files as well, I will be glad to translate them into English & Dutch.

Rob van der Does
17-02-11, 11:32
Another problem: if PTS is enabled, the Autobackup-function does not make a backup at the specified time.

andyblac
17-02-11, 12:10
No, I won't. A swapfile will only slow down my system, and there can't be a real memory shortage; this also happens on an empty system, with only MQB installed . The problemreport must have another (non-related?) cause.

As the DUO has plenty of memory, a swapfile can hardly ever, if ever, be useful. Maybe one exception: during fchck a large HDD.

calm down, i'm trying to help, but, if you can code in python and FULLY understand how the system memory is used, then fix it your self, otherwise listen to what i saying i do know what i am talking about, you keep this up, i will ban you, i am getting a bit tiered of your attitude, you have only been here five minutes.

Rob van der Does
17-02-11, 12:19
calm down, i'm trying to help, but, if you can code in python and FULLY understand how the system memory is used, then fix it your self, otherwise listen to what i saying i do know what i am talking about, you keep this up, i will ban you, i am getting a bit tiered of your attitude, you have only been here five minutes.HoHo, calm down; you must have misread me: I am just saying that I am not going to use a SWAP-file, that's all!
I have plenty of patience to await a real solution. And I do appreciate help, as I can't solve it myself. And by the looks of it, neither can the author of MQB.

Why do you react so angry? Surely it must be my English not being good enough to be subtly?

Sicilian
17-02-11, 12:24
HoHo, calm down; you must have misread me: I am just saying that I am not going to use a SWAP-file, that's all!
I have plenty of patience to await a real solution. And I do appreciate help, as I can't solve it myself. And by the looks of it, neither can the author of MQB.

Why do you react so angry? Surely it must be my English not being good enough to be subtly?

It was you first few words in your reply No I wont ;)

andyblac
17-02-11, 12:28
HoHo, calm down; you must have misread me: I am just saying that I am not going to use a SWAP-file, that's all!

ok, sorry, must be a language barrier, just that was a pretty harsh few words in the beginning of your post. let me how you get on with the swapfile, if you use it in a HDD it should not slow down your system.

Rob van der Does
17-02-11, 12:28
It was you first few words in your reply No I wont ;)OK, so it is my bad English idiom indeed. Sorry about that ("I won't" being translated into Dutch is absolutely not an aggressive wording).

andyblac
17-02-11, 12:36
Another problem: if PTS is enabled, the Autobackup-function does not make a backup at the specified time.

ok, i dont use that PLi plugin, but i will take a look when i get time ;).

Rob van der Does
17-02-11, 12:41
ok, i dont use that PLi plugin, but i will take a look when i get time ;).I thought it was integrated in your image, but it might be that I used the "autoinstall" functionality.

tagteam3283
20-02-11, 15:54
hi guys,

two probs for me:
1)picon prob.

updated dou from 1.3 to 2. picons worked fine on 1.3 when manually xferred into user... picons folder

i downloaded picons which appear fine when pressing the ok button, but they wont appear on my dou EPG with PIG, channels set to 5

with the same settings, it works fine on my solo's on VIX2.0

2) import ryVIX EPG manually shows zero imports and only some of the EPG populates. same selection options are used as on 1.3. i use 28S8y on tunerA and motor on tuner B
any ideas

Rob van der Does
20-02-11, 16:09
2) is related to Rytec's website being down.

tagteam3283
20-02-11, 16:27
2) is related to Rytec's website being down.

rite-on brother

Stanman
20-02-11, 18:00
hi guys,

two probs for me:
1)picon prob.

updated dou from 1.3 to 2. picons worked fine on 1.3 when manually xferred into user... picons folder

i downloaded picons which appear fine when pressing the ok button, but they wont appear on my dou EPG with PIG, channels set to 5

with the same settings, it works fine on my solo's on VIX2.0

2) import ryVIX EPG manually shows zero imports and only some of the EPG populates. same selection options are used as on 1.3. i use 28S8y on tunerA and motor on tuner B
any ideas

Did you do a reboot if not try again and do a reboot. Also the where have you got the picons stored - not that it matters as image checks everything. The folder is called PICON?

tagteam3283
20-02-11, 18:34
the picons are located in root as they have been downloaded using plugins. they appear fine for SD channels, but not for HD channel son the EPG

also gt another question, which 10E and 1W are we supposed to use for tuning? the KU or the C?

Stanman
20-02-11, 20:21
Check the service references as they may not be the same as on the channels in your bouquet. If you want functioning ones Silverfox has them in the E2 section that work flawlessly with his bouquets.

vu-duo-user
21-02-11, 13:36
Thanks for the update to 2.0.3 and all the other updates. :)

vu-duo-user
23-02-11, 20:30
Another batch of updates 19 today. You do work hard at keeping the box upto date. Thanks again.

punisher
23-02-11, 23:37
didnt realise there were any updates today? i think they might have been updates to revert back to working versions on the software

vu-duo-user
24-02-11, 22:43
didnt realise there were any updates today? i think they might have been updates to revert back to working versions on the software

All I know is that is what it showed after downloading and installing. Still Iam grateful to the VIX team in sorting out the so called upgrades even if it's technically a downgrade.

dfdream
25-02-11, 09:24
Did an online update last night and 60 odd packages downloaded.
Dont know what they were for.
I had already Vix 2.03 (30 packages version).

D

punisher
25-02-11, 11:11
ill try it too see what i get

EDIT: i got 1 update, update to wireless lan driver. dont know if these are official though as no announcement. hope im not jumping no guns lol

Ojustaboo
19-03-11, 10:54
I just updated, also had a fair few updates (was on 2.03 already).

Only difference I've noticed is that when looking at programs I've recorded, it's reverted back to green circles and yellow part circles for unwatched, part watched programs rather than having IIII.

Stanman
19-03-11, 12:38
Yes Andy had changed it, quite liked the time bars