PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2 and Slingbox

Citizen33
21-03-13, 09:17
I am having some problems because the absence of a component video output on this box, plus the need for me to use the Slingbox RCA sockets for my cable box, mean that I am having to use s-video to connect the Solo to the Slingbox. Using a scart adaptor I have a connection, but only in black and white. I'm waiting to try another scart to s-video cable that is on order (on the theory that the cable could be the problem), but does anybody know if there is anything about the Solo output that could explain this? I have tried changing the A/V settings between HDMI and scart etc, but this has no effect.

Incidentally I found that the Duo remote file on this forum (V2010_RV.bin) would not work with the Solo 2 but an Ultima bin file of the same name (but slightly smaller) on another forum does work.

Sicilian
21-03-13, 09:23
Pretty sure the Solo2 supports component over scart, so you should try a scart to component cable.

Citizen33
21-03-13, 17:45
Thanks for the tip. I'll try the s-video adaptor on order first, and then go to your suggestion if that doesn't work. On my (older) Slingbox Pro, component is the only HD input and so it has that advantage, but I presently have a Spiderbox connected to that input. One can use up to three devices with this Slingbox, but there is no HDMI.

Citizen33
25-03-13, 19:17
The new scart to s-video cable is also just delivering black and white. I suppose this means there is no s-video (i.e. chrominance plus luminance) signal on the Solo 2 scart socket. My virgin cable box also produces just B&W. I guess the next step is to follow Sicilian's suggestion, though that will mean I lose the Spiderbox connection.

nasser007
03-01-15, 12:21
Hello I am trying to set up belkin @TV plus to my solo2, all is going well apart from being able to use the on screen remote control all the codes that are loaded on the @tv plus are not working. IR blasters are in the right place it only seems to have codes for vu duo/solo any help with this would be grateful.

timofee
03-01-15, 14:25
With Slingbox you use the Ultimo remote control codes with the Solo2

nasser007
03-01-15, 18:20
Thanks for the reply, where can i find this code and will it work for the belkin @tv plus box?

timofee
04-01-15, 15:13
Go to the manufacturer's Slingbox support forum to get remote control code files for various boxes.

I don't know about the belkin @tv plus box. You posted in a someone else's thread about Slingbox, so I presumed you think the two boxes are associated.

If the belkin @tv plus box is completely different from the Slingbox I suggest you start a separate thread.

nasser007
05-01-15, 02:00
Thanks for your reply, sorry about posting in someone elses thread yes they are two different boxes. I have now got it sorted out I had to point my remote and press it at the belkin @tv box so it would learn commands from the vu+ remote and save them, long way around but it does the job just:thumbsup: