PDA

View Full Version : Sound?

20-03-13, 17:47
Hi,

I've just received 2 brand new solo's. Bought from the sponsor and pre installed with vix image. They arrived yesterday.
I already had a Solo2 so I ran a back up from that onto 2 new USB sticks which I then stuck in the back of the 2 new boxes and restored from those.
All 3 boxes are now connected to my NAS drive and all can see the same folders. The Solo2 can can play back any file no matter which box "recorded" it. The new Solo's can't play back any program properly, again no matter which unit did the recording. The sound stutters.
All 3 boxes can play files which were already on the NAS - MKV's, AVI's and MP4's.
Additionally the sound feed is wrong on the new Solo's on the music channels. They play some sort of radio channel, on clicking audio I can change from Audio 2 to English which gets me the right audio feed but only until the next reboot, which being vix is frequent :)

Could use some assistance,

Cheers,

Keith.

Larry-G
20-03-13, 18:00
You restored a backup from a solo2 to a solo ?.

That is not a good idea and I'd count your self lucky there was nothing in these backups that could have killed these receivers. As to your other problems I'd first recomend a full fresh reflash and setup without the backups, then we can go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

20-03-13, 18:03
Ok, will do. Just noticed that I have the same audio feed problem on the MTV channels on the Solo2.

josh_g
20-03-13, 18:27
press the audio button and change audio track so they sink up

judge
20-03-13, 18:39
or go to
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Auto language selection & set your options there so you don't have to do it on each channel.

20-03-13, 18:48
You restored a backup from a solo2 to a solo ?.

That is not a good idea and I'd count your self lucky there was nothing in these backups that could have killed these receivers. As to your other problems I'd first recomend a full fresh reflash and setup without the backups, then we can go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Done and done :)
Still probs with the audio on those files:confused:
The solo's won't play back files recorded on the solo's or on the solo2 but have no probs playing back other files.

Cheers,

Keith.

20-03-13, 18:50
or go to
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Auto language selection & set your options there so you don't have to do it on each channel.

With you, but once I get into auto language, what do I select there?

Cheers,

Keith.

20-03-13, 18:51
press the audio button and change audio track so they sink up

Done but they just re set after every re boot :(

judge
20-03-13, 18:53
With you, but once I get into auto language, what do I select there?

Cheers,

Keith.

Prefer audio track stored by service = no

20-03-13, 19:00
Prefer audio track stored by service = no

Made no difference, I still get the same audio track on all MTV chans:confused:

judge
20-03-13, 19:02
Set
Audio language selection 1 = English & try that...

20-03-13, 19:11
Set
Audio language selection 1 = English & try that...

Wooo Hoooo, that cracked it. Thanks.

Now I'm just left with one of my original probs, the Solos not playing back recorded files properly.

Cheers,

Keith.

judge
20-03-13, 19:17
I've never had an issue with watching movies over a network on a Solo.
I'd doubt it's this, but you used back-ups to set them up, did you change the IP address once they booted?

20-03-13, 19:50
I've never had an issue with watching movies over a network on a Solo.
I'd doubt it's this, but you used back-ups to set them up, did you change the IP address once they booted?

I doubt the IP address is the cause. It's the IP address of the NAS that's relevant. However, I have just reflashed one and set it up from scratch. I've mounted the NAS drive on this re flashed one. It will play files that are on the NAS drive such as AVI's, MKV's and MP4's without a problem. Both Solos do, the one restored from a Solo2 back up and the one that I just set up from scratch. Both of them will see the files that have been generated as a result of recording a TV show to the NAS drive. I recorded 3 showes, one from each box, 1 Solo2 and 2 Solos.
The Solo2 plays all 3 files back like a dream - the Solo's stutter the sound, but only on the 3 files generated by the Solos/Solo2. This file format is .ts If the Solo can generate a .ts then surely it should be able to play it back. All 3 boxes are on the same, wired, network connected to a NAs drive.

Cheers,

Keith.

Larry-G
20-03-13, 19:54
Have you tried playing the files locally on the solo ie via a device directly attached to the receiver like a USB stick / drive as opposed to a networked device, just to rule that out as a potential problem ??.

21-03-13, 09:54
:confused:
Have you tried playing the files locally on the solo ie via a device directly attached to the receiver like a USB stick / drive as opposed to a networked device, just to rule that out as a potential problem ??.

I've tried this overnight. I've also been playing with this a fair bit. Initially I thought the Solo was playing back files already on the NAS drive fine. That ISN'T the case. it plays SOME files fine, others stutter. It makes no difference if the file is an MKV, MP4 or AVI - some play, some stutter. The ones that were ok seemed to be cartoons:confused:
It played all files from a USB ok.
It will not play back files that it generates, that is TV shows recorded from the Solo to the NAS stutter.
TV shows recorded by the Solo2 to the NAS stutter back on the Solo.
TV shows recorded by the Solo and/or the Solo2 to the NAS all play back to the Solo2 without issue.
Files (all of them) already on the NAS play fine on the Solo2.
I've mounted a folder from the HDD on my PC. This holds back ups of the same files as on the NAS. Playing the very same files direct from that PC HDD, connected via the same network gives the same results as direct from a USB.
Is there a setting that is wrong or is the Solo no good at reading from a NAS? WTF?

Cheers,

Keith.

21-03-13, 10:41
:confused:

I've tried this overnight. I've also been playing with this a fair bit. Initially I thought the Solo was playing back files already on the NAS drive fine. That ISN'T the case. it plays SOME files fine, others stutter. It makes no difference if the file is an MKV, MP4 or AVI - some play, some stutter. The ones that were ok seemed to be cartoons:confused:
It played all files from a USB ok.
It will not play back files that it generates, that is TV shows recorded from the Solo to the NAS stutter.
TV shows recorded by the Solo2 to the NAS stutter back on the Solo.
TV shows recorded by the Solo and/or the Solo2 to the NAS all play back to the Solo2 without issue.
Files (all of them) already on the NAS play fine on the Solo2.
I've mounted a folder from the HDD on my PC. This holds back ups of the same files as on the NAS. Playing the very same files direct from that PC HDD, connected via the same network gives the same results as direct from a USB.
Is there a setting that is wrong or is the Solo no good at reading from a NAS? WTF?

Cheers,

Keith.

Bugger, can't see how to edit this.

I've just recorded a show from the Solo to the folder on my PC HDD. It plays back fine.
So this issue just seems to be, "why can't my Solo play back all files from my NAS drive, including files it has generated/recorded itself (and the file format is irrelevant), where my Solo2 can?"

Cheers,

Keith

judge
21-03-13, 11:41
sounds like a network issue so, hoe are your boxes connected? hardwired, wireless, homeplugs?

21-03-13, 11:52
sounds like a network issue so, hoe are your boxes connected? hardwired, wireless, homeplugs?

Ethernet cables through home plugs. But why would the Solo2 be fine and the Solo not????

judge
21-03-13, 11:58
Ethernet cables through home plugs. But why would the Solo2 be fine and the Solo not????

no idea, try swapping homeplugs around & report back.

21-03-13, 13:25
no idea, try swapping homeplugs around & report back.

Judge, you may be a genius. The jury is out, but after switching 2 home plugs around ALL 3 boxes are now working fine. Watch this space....................

Cheers,

Keith.