PDA

View Full Version : Tuner loopthrough setup.

Blu-ray
20-03-13, 12:33
Need help please with Ultimo tuners A & B have single cable from lnb to tuner A & loopthrough from tuner A to tuner B input, what configuration do i need for tuners A & B in settings for this to work? setting for tuner A & settings for tuner B please.

judge
20-03-13, 12:42
So, you have only 1 feed going to the box?
If so, what sats does that feed have access to?

Blu-ray
20-03-13, 12:44
So, you have only 1 feed going to the box?
If so, what sats does that feed have access to?

28.2 east.

josh_g
20-03-13, 13:01
well in that case it is rather pointless having the loop-through

judge
20-03-13, 13:06
Set tuner A to simple, single, 28.2 & tuner B to loopthrough so.
I don't have an Ultimo to check but believe it works the same way on a Duo, while it works the opposite way on the Solo 2...

judge
20-03-13, 13:07
well in that case it is rather pointless having the loop-through
No, loopthrough gives many more recording/viewing options if stuck with a single feed.

josh_g
20-03-13, 13:13
No, loopthrough gives many more recording/viewing options if stuck with a single feed.

just for own knowledge judge, what advantages from recording viewing do you get from a loopthrough on a single feed on single sat?

Blu-ray
20-03-13, 13:15
Set tuner A to simple, single, 28.2 & tuner B to loopthrough so.
I don't have an Ultimo to check but believe it works the same way on a Duo, while it works the opposite way on the Solo 2...

My Quad setup is twin lnb motor to C&D tuners & twin lnb fixed dish to tuner A lopthrough to tuner B then second cable of fixed dish goes to my freesat tv, what i wan,t to know is tuner A simple & tuner B loopthrough or as tuner A or will it work if fixed dish goes to A&B then loopthrough from A or B to my freesat tv ?.

judge
20-03-13, 13:22
just for own knowledge judge, what advantages from recording viewing do you get from a loopthrough on a single feed on single sat?

more channels are available to watch/record at the same time.