PDA

View Full Version : Boot Stuck - Constant Reload

ILM16
19-03-13, 22:51
I got back a few days ago and my box was booting up, so it had turned itself off and rebooted. I put the TV on to find it was stuck in a loop where the VIX sign spins for a bit and then disappears and then repeats.

I tried turning it off from the back but this didn't solve the issue.

I then left it off for awhile but still the same.

I reflashed it with the latest VIX image and it booted up fine.

I tried a few tests:
I then configured the turner, rebooted and it worked.
I then downloaded a channel list, rebooted and it worked.
I then installed the OSCAM IPK, rebooted and it worked.
I then started OSCAM, rebooted and it did not work.

I therefore thought it was OSCAM, so I tried CCcam standalone 2.3.0, the same issue occurred.

The thing is the softcam isn't even 'ticked' to start on reboot, it's literally if it's been used the box doesn't want to work on reboot.

It is not a clone, this is for sure _http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12479-VU-Duo

I did not post this in the VIX section as I don't see this as a VIX issue (correct me if wrong) as it's been running fine since I purchased it from Mr Mister, I was on 2.4 for a good few months with an issue.

judge
20-03-13, 00:10
If it's stuck on a constant reload, it suggests an E2 bootloop & if that's the case you can still ftp in & get any generated crash logs.
By default, they are stored in /home/root/logs/
Upload one here so we can see what's happening.

Larry-G
20-03-13, 00:15
also please state which image including the build version you have tried as "latest image" does not always mean the latest one.

ILM16
20-03-13, 00:15
I can't seem to FTP, as the loop is on the start up page, it's VIX spinning for a few seconds, disappearing, coming back - constantly on repeat.

ILM16
20-03-13, 00:16
also please state which image including the build version you have tried as "latest image" does not always mean the latest one.

openvix-3.0.204-vuduo

Larry-G
20-03-13, 00:18
openvix-3.0.204-vuduo

Thats not the latest image mate, in fact its well over 6 months and over 460 builds out of date.

Get the latest stable release from here www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk) and start again.

ILM16
20-03-13, 00:20
Sorry, will give it a go.

Larry-G
20-03-13, 00:23
Sorry, will give it a go.

make sure you do a fresh flash, without restoring any settings or backups, you can still restore configs and any timers or autotimers.xml files though but not a settings backup.