PDA

View Full Version : Remote problem

satmanbasil
19-03-13, 21:53
Hi

Strange things been happening lately with my duo seems the remote wont work and the receiver locks up green light flashes showing its receiving remote signal but the dial on the stb also doesnt work.
Switched off the receiver at the rear as the last time that happened it seem to clear the problem but today it didnt even after 5-6 attempts.
Before i go any further the remote had new batteries installed and I even used another vu remote from my solo to disgard a remote problem.
Anyway thinking it might be image related I reinstalled it latest vix all loaded ok but in the setup when asking if i wanted hdmi scart connection the remote wouldnt respond so in the end i decided to go back to early version of vix , this at first seem to clear the problem but later on when rebooting it again locked the receiver..... most strange??? at this stage i had to go out so left it until later.
took a peep inside the receiver and poked the two cables that connect to the front panel the right one did seem slightly loose as it moved when i pressed it. which one of these two cables is the remote eye and the display power?
Anyway after doing this i reloaded the latest vix image and at this moment all seems ok have rebooted a number of times and so far remote responds. Have read others have had this problem so would like feedback incase I need to investigate again tomorrow ...fingers crossed it dont happen again that was scary this morning when it didnt respond.
By the way in one post it was mentioned problem could be to do with EPG but in all the cases i mentioned I dont have epg setup so dont think this is the problem also for now i have disabled the hdmi ceg link incase something from the tv is the problem,
anyway will keep you posted

satmanbasil
20-03-13, 13:18
Update
well day two and all seems ok right now will slowly add plugins and see

satmanbasil
21-03-13, 15:28
Hi
Day three still no problem with remote added ondemand and another pluging yesterday all seems well, looks like that sensor wasnt reconnected proper or worked its way loose somehow.

satmanbasil
21-03-13, 23:08
Hi

Spoke too soon receiver locked up tonight ok this time did respond after reboot from powering down but I really would like to know the cause any advise is it image related problem need answers as it was never doing this before.

judge
21-03-13, 23:16
Where did you get the box & are you sure it's not a clone?

satmanbasil
22-03-13, 14:29
Hi mate

Deffo not a clone, cant put my finger on the problem was thinking if i should try non vix image for a while see if it is image related however if it was surely more people would be reporting it.
Reading up on others who have reported the problem it seems to be in connection with EPG and box auto restarting but i dont have them enabled on mine.
I cant think of any changes i made since the box was returned after repair from red light of death that could be the cause either, will just carry on monitoring it, all seems ok this morning so far.