PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Will the VIX team images ever support Accurate Recording

meggiedude
19-03-13, 12:26
Lo there,

Love my Vu+ Duo running the latest OE3.0 build.
One thing that is often frustrating is the lack of Accurate Recording (AR) on these boxes. AR is equiv to the old PDC (Programme Delivery Control) system and picks up on a signal in the broadcast to say the time of the programme is now "X" instead of "Y". Lots of modern receivers have this functionality including the latest YouView kit.

Now I don't know what can be done and whether this is a technical limitation of the boxes and their firmware, but the one thing that stops my family using the Duo is that often programmes they want to record change their broadcast date, time or length. Or the Series comes to an end.
So they end up using the Youview box.

So simple question - Will the VIX image ever support AR, or is that a step too fAR??

Cheers,

MD

Stanman
19-03-13, 12:39
AR probably not as those boxes use the broadcast stream to allow over runs for live events etc.

As for the other thats what Autotimers are - you can record all programmes with the same title, only during certain times, or just those with unqiue descriptions (excludes repeats), AT will also record when new series kicks in.

I have tons of them and latest season of Treme started and I didn't even know but box recorded it:thumbsup:

mickyblueys
19-03-13, 12:44
I can't answer you're question, sorry.....
but I can add that it would all have to depend heavily on the signal from the broadcaster. I have 2 official sly hd boxes to supplement my duo's, and even they cannot record everything accurately. On several occasions when I'm working afternoon shift I set them to record the European football or the golf and because these can run over in time length or be postponed due to weather, even the sly boxes fail to record the full length accurately, and the manual timers on those boxes are crap also, so in my opinion the vix recording is still infinitely better than that of a sly hd receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Trial
19-03-13, 12:55
Hi,
I do not know if it is standard in ViX but the VPS plugin uses I think AR. The problem is most broadcasters don not bother to support it. Without the help of the broadcaster you cannot not do anything.

Over here in Germany this VPS seems to work quite good with the public TV stations but not with the private once.

ciao