PDA

View Full Version : New install tuner problem

bosvelt
19-03-13, 12:03
Hello

i followed the setup guide sticky got everthing sorted apart from tuner setup i keep getting tuner fail error message, i have connected cables that i have been using on other sat boxes (they have been working fine). Any ideas?

judge
19-03-13, 12:09
What have you saved as your tuner settings & what sats do you have access to?
Also, image & build number would be handy...

bosvelt
19-03-13, 12:29
CONFIGURATION MODE = SIMPLE
MODE = SINGLE
SATELLITE = ASTRA 1N/2A/2B/2F/EUTELSAT 28A (28.2E)
SEND DISEQC = NO
I'M ON FIXED DISH 28.2E
IMAGE VIX = openvix-3.0.627-tm2T
DRIVERS = 2013-02-03
VERSION = 3.0
BUILD = 627
LAST UPDATE = 2013-03-08 21.29

judge
19-03-13, 12:46
looks fine, are both tuners connected & set-up the same?
what channels are you getting tuner fail error message on?
Have you run ABM within the image?

bosvelt
19-03-13, 12:50
yes both tuners set the same
getting error message on all channels
hav'nt ran ABM will do now(i have loaded my own bouquet)
was messing with tuner settings and changed to Positioner and BBC1 briefly flashed up so at least i know the tuner is working.

bosvelt
19-03-13, 13:02
tried to run ABM, BBC1 came on then i got Tuner Lock timeout error

judge
19-03-13, 13:29
sounds like your channel listings/satellite xml are messed up some how.
I'd fresh flash the box & run ABM again, just as a fast way to get it up & working again.

bosvelt
19-03-13, 13:31
just 1 question do i do a factory reset before reflashing?

judge
19-03-13, 13:33
no need as flashing a new image would do the same thing.

bosvelt
19-03-13, 14:04
I think i know where i might have gone wrong i setup cross epg and rytec, would this have caused the conflict?

judge
19-03-13, 14:16
I think i know where i might have gone wrong i setup cross epg and rytec, would this have caused the conflict?

no, might cause EPG conflicts but not channel tuning problems...

bosvelt
19-03-13, 15:14
i'm completely stumped:confused: flashed box again 2 x times following the guide and doing what you said but cannot get channels to work keep getting tune fail error and tuner lock timeout errors:mad:

judge
19-03-13, 15:20
so, are you using the inbuilt autobouquets maker to create your channel lists after a fresh flash or using another method?
are you restoring any settings backups?

bosvelt
19-03-13, 15:26
First Flash i loaded my own Bouquets (bouquets that i am using on my tm 800 hd) then Second Flash i tried the inbuilt ABM, Third Flash i used
Vix 28.2 East Sky UK Bouquets 13-03-13, i know it must be something simple i can see the channel lists on the epg.

judge
19-03-13, 15:32
Forget about EPG for the moment, get the channels working first.
Flash the image, don't restore any settings.
On the first install wizard, set both tuners to 28.2E.

Make sure you have both feeds plugged into the box, when it reboots after FIW, run the inbuilt auto bouquets maker set to your region.

Do the channels work then?

bosvelt
19-03-13, 15:36
after i set both tuners to 28.2e should i do a scan (i have not done scan previously).

judge
19-03-13, 15:40
No need if you run ABM after it boots.
It won't do any harm though, but for now, I wouldn't bother.

Just get it up & running with your channels first.

bosvelt
19-03-13, 15:45
so i done following Menu>setup>service searching>autobouquetsmaker>providers(sky irl northern ireland hd) Start scan - message on bottom of screen = Tuning Sky Irl > Sevices: 0 video - 0 radio then error message timeout tuner lock.

judge
19-03-13, 15:55
Looks like something wrong with your feeds or LNB so.
Try swapping them around & see if the same happens.

bosvelt
19-03-13, 16:03
swapped round still getting timeout tuner lock error, i'm going to flash box again and setup how i did the first time, then i'm going to disconnect box and take it to a different house and connect it up and see what happens, my feeds in are working ok have 1 into tm800hd and the other into spiderbox both working fine.

Larry-G
19-03-13, 17:26
swapped round still getting timeout tuner lock error, i'm going to flash box again and setup how i did the first time, then i'm going to disconnect box and take it to a different house and connect it up and see what happens, my feeds in are working ok have 1 into tm800hd and the other into spiderbox both working fine.

Personally id remove and refit the f-plugs, just to be 100 percent sure they are not at fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bosvelt
19-03-13, 19:30
ok took box to a different house and same problem tuner fail and timeout tuner lock, then flashed 4d image set everything up again and same problem tuner fail when selecting channel and timeout tuner lock ABM, that's it for today 8 hours is enough i'll be back at it tomorrow, i phoned supplier and he said that some image's are unstable, going to try a couple of earlier image's, and if they dont work box will be going back.

bosvelt
20-03-13, 12:37
so back at it this morning reinstalled VIX image went through setup until tuner setup and selected Auto scan and it never picked up any channels. I know for definite my feeds are working (i have 3 feeds 2 from static 28.2e & 1 from motorised dish) these all work when i connect them to my TM 800 hd, Spiderbox 9000 HD, TM 5400 ci+ and SKY hd boxes, so definitely think there is a fault with the tuner on TM 2T, going to send it back and get a replacement.

judge
20-03-13, 12:40
Why are you using Auto scan when you know the sat you have access to?
Set it up manually to 28.2, do as suggested above & report back if the issue still exists.

bosvelt
20-03-13, 12:48
i did manually scan a couple of transponders as well and got nothing

judge
20-03-13, 13:02
i did manually scan a couple of transponders as well and got nothing

If you're not going to follow the advice given, it's going to be impossible to help you.
Sorry but I'm out as it's now getting frustrating.

Maybe someone else will jump in & try to explain it again to you.

bosvelt
20-03-13, 13:20
i have followed all advice, its the first time i had this problem, i know 100% that my feeds in are ok, i've setup above mentioned boxes plus a TM 5402 hd and 3 Sky f3 boxes as well all on these feeds, i'm sorry if your frustrated, so am i, thanks for your help.

bosvelt
18-04-13, 19:13
UPDATE

So after Protracted (and I mean Protracted)toing and froing with supplier of box and a quick chat to guys at technomate sent box back, then Easter, got box replaced, New box arrived yesterday, setup today and BOOM, everything working fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

SoupKing
19-04-13, 10:15
UPDATE

So after Protracted (and I mean Protracted)toing and froing with supplier of box and a quick chat to guys at technomate sent box back, then Easter, got box replaced, New box arrived yesterday, setup today and BOOM, everything working fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Nice one! Now its working and you seem to have used quite a few different boxes be nice to hear your TM2 feed back after some extended use mate.