PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo HD twin tuner DVB-S2 ?

RottyDave
19-03-13, 11:10
I have decided to purchase one of these receivers at some point today.What I really need to know before i purchase is,
1. Do i have to upload any software to it to be able to read my subscription channels on my s** card as want to use this abroad at my spanish holiday home.,and,
2.Which of the extras from the world of satellite website do i really need to use the receiver in this way(just to watch tv and my paid for channels for the 6 weeks of the year i am over in Spain-I have decided i want ba 500gb hdd fitted
ie:
1.USB WiFi Option:
2.WiFi Option
3.Networking Homeplugs
4.USB Flash Drive (great for flashing firmware):
5.Solo2 Firmware / Image options (Installed free of charge):

Many Thanks-Advice greatly appreciated as im away on saturday and would like to take box with me.

judge
19-03-13, 11:18
No need for any wifi options if using your local card.
Install CCcam, search the forums for boxkey and add a line like:

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
to CCcam.cfg if using premium channels (movies, sports)
replacing the xx with the correct numbers for your original card/box.
Test it works before you head off...

RottyDave
19-03-13, 11:25
I know this may sound obvious but how do install a CCcam.I must point out that i am only used to operating the single tuner Iberosat hd box that was installed with my system over in Spain
Thanks for the info and your advice.

mickyblueys
19-03-13, 11:28
Download the cccam ipk from the openvix download section unzip and save to root of usb. Turn box on do not have it on a menu screen, insert usb in to slot and a window should appear with instructions on you're tv.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

judge
19-03-13, 11:31
Have a look on http://openvix.co.uk for ViX-Softcams.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/&file=enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk
should work fine...
Download that, upload it to /tmp/ on the box.
Blue button -> ViX -> Install local extension

Then create a txt file called CCcam.cfg adding your boxkey in the above format & upload it to /etc/ on the box.

RottyDave
19-03-13, 12:55
Have just tried to download from the vix soft cam download site:
enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.0.11_1.0_mipsel.ipk
but my lap top will not recognise this file.

Stanman
19-03-13, 12:58
dont need to worry about that, just follow the rest of the instructions and ftp to tmp folder on the box.

Larry-G
19-03-13, 17:34
Have just tried to download from the vix soft cam download site:
enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.0.11_1.0_mipsel.ipk
but my lap top will not recognise this file.

The ViX image has a built in .ipk installer which can even be used from the usb stick.

Either FTP the file to /tmp and use the ipk installer from the receiver via ( blue button > ViX > install local extension ). or while in live tv ( making sure menus are open ), place the .ipk file onto a formatted USB stick and insert it into the receivers usb port, you will then be asked if you want to install the file.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2