PDA

View Full Version : Best Image

satmanbasil
05-04-10, 13:13
Hi guys

With the pending delivery of my Vu+ im looking at ur opinions of best image to use and best way to use it albeit in flash or via USB stick.
I used to be a kathrein 910 owner before i was tempted by the darkside to go for one of these receivers the enigma 2 images are the same so im well prepared in setting up my box when it arrives also im looking forward to being able to use CCcam instead of having to cope with the ups and down of incubusCamd (what a pain).

Whilst im asking questions .. with the kathrein it was a well known fact that playing about with images used to result in the box crashing and one had to rebuild the boot i know this is early days and hope we dont have to experience this with this receiver but incase are there programs and advise available to repair or is this going to be a dealer issue.

regards
satmanbasil

Sicilian
05-04-10, 13:43
Best and easiest way to flash the VU+ Duo would to the USB flash method. CCcam works fantastic as server and client. Regards to crashing the box, I think something would have to go massively wrong whilst flashing with USB to crash the boot. If it does you can use the VuUtility in our downloads section and flash a .nfi image using ethernet and serial cable, but tbh I very much doubt that you will ever need to :)

alpa
12-04-10, 18:40
I personaly use dream-elite 1.3
But VTI is also good image.

Berggren
16-04-10, 15:56
I use PLi image simply becuase I need the subtitles to display in the right way.
I'm from Sweden and we have subs on all foreign shows, movies and so on. In all other images the subs have wrong linebreaks.
But I like PLi and DE Black Hole, but for now the dealbreaker for me are the subs.