PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Crashing problem with Noire skin

ea.xlns
18-03-13, 13:23
Hi guys,

The new noire skin on the vix image is really nice however I am having a couple of issues with it.

When trying to load my recordings it always crashes and I get an error message along the lines of usr/share/enigma2/icon/(filename).png not about.

Also crashes when trying to start mgcamd.

I have the crash logs at home which I can send later on if needed but am hoping this is a common issue and someone might already know what the problem is?

Thanks

ea.xlns
18-03-13, 19:25
Can anybody help?

I've attached the crash logs

IAmATeaf
18-03-13, 19:36
Here's the error:

skin.SkinError: {Magic-HD-Noire/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/icons/az.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!

Larry-G
18-03-13, 19:42
There has recently been a lot of changes made to the skin engine within the image, a side affect of this is that some skins need to be modified again and thats a job for their authors to do, sorry i cant be more specific as frankly it's all above my head.

ea.xlns
19-03-13, 22:44
There has recently been a lot of changes made to the skin engine within the image, a side affect of this is that some skins need to be modified again and thats a job for their authors to do, sorry i cant be more specific as frankly it's all above my head.

So we have to wait for the skins to be modified?

Such a shame, this skin is very nice and tidy

judge
20-03-13, 00:08
yeah, it's a pity but in the long run, better for the image.
I'm sure it will be updated if it needs to be pretty soon...

Larry-G
20-03-13, 00:13
as judge says certain skins must be modified as a result of the recent changes to the ViX skin engine, however in the long run this will benefit both the skin devs and the end user as the skin devs now have a lot more customization options with the ViX skin engine, allowing them to do things they could not previously and things that currently only the OE-Alliance based images can use.

Just wait until andy releases his new EPG for a example of what it now possible to implement in the ViX and OE-Alliance images.

ea.xlns
21-03-13, 10:14
It's a shame as the Noire is a very nice skin.

Is there anything I can do to get the skin working now, like overwrite/rename files?

judge
21-03-13, 11:47
It's a shame as the Noire is a very nice skin.

Is there anything I can do to get the skin working now, like overwrite/rename files?

yeah, look at the above error.

skin.SkinError: {Magic-HD-Noire/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/icons/az.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
find the mentions of that in skin.xml & change it to the required location.
repeat for any other issues...

IAmATeaf
21-03-13, 19:01
If the skin is referring to the file az.png that's part of the ViX image then that can be found in /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/icons, so as suggested above change /usr/share/enigma2/icons/az.png to /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/icons/az.png in the file skin.xml and keep on looking at the logs and changing till it stops looping and the skin displays.