PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] CrossEPG Not Downloading

stav81244
17-03-13, 13:31
I have been using the CrossEPG for weeks now and from a few days ago nothing was downloading. I have tried again today and again nothing. When i select the to download the screen goes blank and nothing happens. The once it completes something its doing then it says service unavailable.

Can someone please help me get EPG working again.

Larry-G
17-03-13, 13:40
it's possible that your EPG.dat file may have become corrupted, if this is the case you will need to delete it while enigma is shutdown by doing the following.

Start a telnet session and when logged in issue the init 4 command, this will put your receiver ( Enigma ) to sleep. DO NOT close the telnet session yet.
start a FTP session and navigate to where ever your EPG is stored and delete the EPG.dat file.
in the same telnet session as before now issue the init 3 command to reboot enigma.

if all goes well once the receiver reboots you should just need to re-download the EPG and that's it.

stav81244
17-03-13, 13:53
tried that its still the same. Should the screen go blank and with the Starting Downloader at the bottom? This happens but it just stays on this it downloads nothing and also then says service unavailable please config

Larry-G
17-03-13, 13:56
sometimes you get a blank screen, sometimes a one with a radio mode background, thats not really important as long as the progress bar on the bottom of the screen moves.

what is your exact EPG setup as it's possible that something in the settings is incorrect.

stav81244
17-03-13, 13:58
The progress bar does nothing.

My setup is

Settings:
location - USB
Left the rest how it was

CrossEPG:
Configure
Yes
once a day
06:00
yes
yes

updated providers

OpenTV providers Astra 28.2

judge
17-03-13, 14:00
try doing a full scan.
Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Automatic Scan & let us know if you still have the issue.

stav81244
17-03-13, 14:03
Done that first no difference, even re-flashed image and still no joy

abu baniaz
17-03-13, 22:44
I suspect its not locking on the tuner.

Have you got a dual tuner receiver? What is tuner configuration?

john107
17-03-13, 23:58
Hope I can help here.....I have a similar problem. If I leave all alone it works fine but if I import a different channel list then I have exactly the same error message and it will never update again.!I have tried it 6 times and every time it's the same...Perhaps the poster has changed his channels list?

stav81244
18-03-13, 12:24
I've always used the same channel list i haven't changed anything. If that was the problem Why does XMLTV download ok shouldn't that do the same too?

judge
18-03-13, 12:32
I've always used the same channel list i haven't changed anything. If that was the problem Why does XMLTV download ok shouldn't that do the same too?

because OpenTV tunes to a specific radio frequency to download its data.
That's why I suggested you do a full channel scan after you upload your custom bouquets as it sounds like you have lost this frequency...

river-rat
30-03-13, 21:05
same for me 2 days

today i have removed, reinstalled as well as re formatted a new usb stick
downloads and nothing there, even gone back a few builds

Stanman
30-03-13, 22:30
If the schedule time the box is in deepstandby it will not wakeup to download the EPG - was that the case for you?

What I do is setup powertimers to wake it up and put it back to bed to enable the CEPG to be dowloaded, not had an issue on 3 boxes

Larry-G
30-03-13, 22:58
change the EPG to save to the HDD and try again just to be sure.

river-rat
30-03-13, 23:04
ok mate ill try HDD report back in a mo

river-rat
30-03-13, 23:09
904 channels and 13.14mb done
it parses quick, says- saved dated, reboots and bar says loading data, vix spinner comes on
and back via HD mate :) thanks

river-rat
31-03-13, 14:27
can you post why you think it stopped on usb? as well as this morning woke up and downloaded ok on 28.2

not tested on muti sat yet

Larry-G
31-03-13, 16:32
can you post why you think it stopped on usb? as well as this morning woke up and downloaded ok on 28.2

not tested on muti sat yet

Don't know why, only that the same happened to two of my receivers, the others are still fine on USB.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mickyblueys
31-03-13, 16:42
It happened on both my duo's, a while back, so been running on hdd. No problems.

Could it have something to do with read/write speeds of usb???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
31-03-13, 16:49
It happened on both my duo's, a while back, so been running on hdd. No problems.

Could it have something to do with read/write speeds of usb???

Not sure as debug logs are not showing any thing. These are the same USB sticks I have been using for over a year. Having the EPG on the HDD won't harm any thing though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

alba1978
31-03-13, 16:57
I have not been able to download any EPG data for the last 2 days on Cross EPG apart from open tv. I have internal hdd ,external hdd and USB but settings will not pick up the USB to download the EPG but it is ok on internal and external hdd. All three are correctly mounted and 2 days ago the EPG was being downloaded on USB stick.

mickyblueys
31-03-13, 17:01
Have you tried to delete the epg.dat file from the usb, it may have be come corrupted. Then download again?

alba1978
31-03-13, 17:27
Deleted epg data on all three drives.initialised both USB stick and USB hdd as I have just picons on them but no joy. I have multisat it mostly on sly uk so not causing me any issue but thought will let you guys know just in case others have same issue

alba1978
31-03-13, 17:29
I am on latest vix 642

tenten78
31-03-13, 20:32
hmmm,

I had the same problem with crossepg….i changed the location from Usb to Hdd and works again ok…. strange…very strange!!!!

river-rat
01-04-13, 14:37
im thinking its a sleep setting on usb?

sublimecantona
29-08-13, 12:44
guys im having the same issues (i set this up using the guide sent by phoenix and it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago) whereby my box hangs (venton hd2 running the latest openvix image) i have scheduled to download at 2am everyday and then it just seems to hang and it says loading data - i have to reboot the box. I flashed my box yesterday and still the same - even when I did a manual download. Any suggestions? I have removed and reinstalled the crossepg plugin this morning but havent had a chance to try downloading epg since then. Will try that and update on here - in the meantime any other suggestions? my epg.dat file in stored on the HDD.

Armpit1UK
29-08-13, 13:46
You could try re-scanning the satellite. It worked for me!

sublimecantona
29-08-13, 14:00
will give that a go too :)
thnx

sublimecantona
31-08-13, 12:56
tried rescanniing and when I click download from Cross EPG -it just hangs on Loading data - any ideas? im pulling my hair out here -

sublimecantona
31-08-13, 13:05
ok just to update - i've delete the epg.dat and crossepg folder and then done a manual download on cross epg - and it worked. :)