PDA

View Full Version : stream solo2 to windows phone

hammyboy
17-03-13, 08:43
hi
i have seen a lot of posts and discussion relating to streaming the box to iphone/ipad but cant seem to find anything to achieve this on a windows phone.
i have a nokia lumia 800 which is on windows 7.5.
its not that important but im just curious as th whether anyone has been able to get streaming video from the solo2 on a similar phone
- or i may be just barking up the wrong tree?
thanks in advance
ham

Trial
17-03-13, 09:22
Hi,
for Android and IOS there are Apps which make it easier. Perhaps search the Windows app store if there is some app for dreambox-/enigma2 streaming.

Have you tried to open the normal web interface and clicking on one of the monitors on the right side?

ciao

hammyboy
17-03-13, 09:44
Hi,
for Android and IOS there are Apps which make it easier. Perhaps search the Windows app store if there is some app for dreambox-/enigma2 streaming.

Have you tried to open the normal web interface and clicking on one of the monitors on the right side?

ciao
yes trial i have tried by clicking both the streaming options on the wbbif but i get the message 'cant download file, windows does not support this file type'.
im assuming this is the m.3u file which downloads when i stream to laptop.
i have tried a couple of apps - vlc player and remote streaming player and have entered the box address and port 8002 (i have enabled transcoding to this port in plugins), but havent been able to connect to the box.
i dont think the apps for wp are as widely supported as android od iphone so i am unsure if streaming is acheivable to my phone.

hammyboy
17-03-13, 10:29
i have found an app called 'dreamweb tv' and can connect to my solo2 and see bouquet and recording lists but when i press play i get the message 'error streaming server does not answer' so i am guessing that i need to set up vlc as a server on the solo2?

lfc84
20-07-15, 00:26
sorry to dig up an old thread. I have the same issue. Is there any news on this?