PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo Quad setup.

Blu-ray
16-03-13, 12:16
Just purchased Ultimo Quad from w.o.s am i right in saying that picons & epg can go in flash or is it best for epg on usb stick or hard drive ?.

Sicilian
16-03-13, 12:18
EPG on HDD is fine, regards picons I'd only put on HDD if you have temperament timeshift enabled.

Blu-ray
16-03-13, 12:34
Ultimo Quad setup is sky fixed dish with twin lnb,s on single tuners A&B & motorized dish with twin lnb,s on the dual tuner,can i put 2 diseqc switches on the daul tuner and take 2 f leads connections from the 2 single loopthrough tuners to diseqc switches giving me a 2 sky 2 motor/3 sky 1 motor/ or 4 sky option ?.

Blu-ray
16-03-13, 16:14
I have found that this will work with 2 fixed dishes but not sure if it will work with one fixed and one motor,any one know if this will work plz.

Blu-ray
17-03-13, 18:16
Ultimo Quad setup is sky fixed dish with twin lnb,s on single tuners A&B & motorized dish with twin lnb,s on the dual tuner,can i put 2 diseqc switches on the daul tuner and take 2 f leads connections from the 2 single loopthrough tuners to diseqc switches giving me a 2 sky 2 motor/3 sky 1 motor/ or 4 sky option ?.

Any help on this plz.

Huevos
18-03-13, 22:13
What are you trying to achieve? What do you want to do with the DiSEqC switches? Having a twin LNB on a motorized dish and running one tuner as a slave is always going to be a poor compromise. Ideal is a fixed LNB (with as many outlets as you need ) on all your major satellites. At the very least you should have a quad LNB on the 28E dish and only move the motorized dish when accessing satellites other than 28E.