PDA

View Full Version : Removing satellites from my Vu Solo 2

CoolerMaster
16-03-13, 12:08
I have a Solo 2 running Vix & a fixed 28.2e dish. Tried out the catseye bouquet yesterday, however when I now press red button for list of all channels I get a list of all channels from every satellite, when I go to providers I also have a list of all sats. My question is how do I go about removing all the sats & keeping just the 28.2e? I did use a program to remove the sats before resending through dbe however there was no change.

cooa99
16-03-13, 13:45
I am new to this stuff but at the moment playing around with the channel lists as well

I think it will be easier to upload Mister or silverfox channel list for 28.2e thereby eliminating other satellites.

Larry-G
16-03-13, 14:00
To be honest if your only using the receiver for 28.2 east you can bypass the need for premade bouquets altogether.

in ViX you have a built in plugin called ABM or AutoBouquetsMaker, this basically allows you to automate the creation and updating of a full region specific sky uk channel list. there is also another third party plugin called the Autobouquets E2 by LraiZer which allows pretty much the same thing with a few more customization options.

judge
16-03-13, 14:10
If ye upload a new set of bouquets such as Mr. Mister, they will overwrite your current bouquets, removing the unneeded sats.

CoolerMaster
16-03-13, 14:10
Yes I am aware of ABM pheonix, the only reason I decided to try catseye was because the interactive sports channels weren't quite right even after an update, tried catseye & it was working. My question is, is it possible to get rid of the rest of the sat providers from across the world which have now appeared in my list of of all channels & list of providers?

CoolerMaster
16-03-13, 14:14
Ok thanks judge will give that a try with another set of bouquets, I did try this last night by creating a new set of bouquets with ABM however it didn't clear the list of providers.

Larry-G
16-03-13, 14:19
Yes I am aware of ABM pheonix, the only reason I decided to try catseye was because the interactive sports channels weren't quite right even after an update, tried catseye & it was working. My question is, is it possible to get rid of the rest of the sat providers from across the world which have now appeared in my list of of all channels & list of providers?

yes it is possible but it's a very long winded process, you have two options.

1. using DBE or another bouquet manager delete all the other satellite locations one by one until only 28.2 east is left.
2. on the receiver it self, highlight each unwanted bouquet or location manually and delete them by pressing menu and using the delete bouquet option ( takes longer than even the DBE option ).