PDA

View Full Version : Recommended plugins for Solo 2

CoolerMaster
13-03-13, 21:51
Bought a Solo 2 last week & am very impressed so far, a big improvement on the duo which I also own. Just wondered which plugins people use on Openvix image, what are the most popular/recommended plugins? Any new plugins exclusively for the Solo 2? Never really took interest in them until now. The only one which I have tried is the 'Movie Browser' plugin as it has been mentioned in a previous post, so far very impressive. Not sure if this is the best place to mention but in terms of mkv file playback the Solo 2 certainly seems smoother than the duo, it's just a shame that you can't rewind/fast forward mkv's with the default video player. This was understandable with the duo as it only had a 400mhz processor however the Solo 2 has a far superior spec with a 1.3ghz dual core cpu. Maybe this will be resolved with a future image? Are there any media player plugins which can resolve this issue? Big thanks to the Openvix team for all their hard work. :)

mickyblueys
13-03-13, 22:09
the type off box you are using shouldn't really affect if you can rewind an mkv file. I'm using a duo and I have several mkv which I can rewind/ fast forward.

It comes down to how you're mkv's were compiled. Remember mkv is only a container.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

CoolerMaster
13-03-13, 22:20
Ok which format would you suggest I convert the files to? Would like to keep the audio as it is. I don't have any issues with rewinding/forwarding on my Samsung smart tv.

mickyblueys
13-03-13, 23:20
I would try and use handbrake to recode them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2