PDA

View Full Version : Streaming MKV with VIX 1.1 image

majortom
30-09-10, 17:55
Hi Guys,

I'm sure this question has been done to death already but I'm having problems finding an answer under the search.
I'm a newb here, got my Duo+ and motorised system setup today. Very please with myself as I have done the lot on my own (been up and down the ladder all day!).
Satellites are all tuned in working great, I'm looking to displace my Tvix streamer out of the lounge now so I would like to setup media streaming from my PC upstairs (streaming mkv's mainly).

For techie info, my Duo is running the latest VIX 1.1 and my PC is running XP 64bit.

I'm assuming I will need to setup NFS/CIFs shares from the PC? which plugin do I use on the Duo+?
Any guides or help is thanked in advance!!

Cheers,

t.ph
30-09-10, 18:49
The way i have done this before without any plugins etc is to just use mountmanager in the image & mount a shared folder on my PC with avi movies in & just use the images media player to view them. You will need a fast internal network though. All this is available to do in the VIX image, just never tried it.

majortom
30-09-10, 20:29
Thanks,

I have managed to connect to the mounts on my pc using the mount manager however I can't see them anywhere else (i.e. under Media Player on the Duo+)

My share from the PC is called "Media", what would the path be to the share within the Duo?

Thanks again,