PDA

View Full Version : Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

bobi
13-03-13, 14:13
Hi guys.
as you know form some time back i buy 3 TM boxes , the Single, 2T and the TwinOE

I have had this now for few weeks and im not very very happy with the recordings.

Everytime i add an recording from EPG / Timer then say almost all the recordings are emty for some strange reason.
Some times 3 out of 4 timers are not working. Last evening i added 5 Timers via the EPG, i come back today to see the Recordings and just found out that all Timers have not been recorded.
Only one out of five have 5 min of picture then the rest of the recorfd is bad.

This have been tested with Vix 600 build image. tested with softcams like CCcam, Mgcamd and OScam

when i then make recordings via the RED button everything is fine, so this problem happends only when recordings are added via the Timer.
this is a realy big problem as we cannot make recordings say 3 days ahead.

Another thing i have noticed is that when recordings are made via Timers , the channesl freezes very often , say i make a recording on SKY SPORT 1 HD then i watch say BBC HD while i watch BBC HD i have frequent freezing every few seconds on the channels im looking.

this problems are on all 3 moldes, Single , 2T and the TwinOE, and this problems are not only related to ViX image, as i have tested 4D, OPENAAF, SIF TEAM JACKAL image, and offcourse the ViX image that is my favorite image. and this problems im discribing are on all images. This makes me belive that this problems must be related to the box or the code

If you wonder what setup i have in my dish then i have the following
Under Tuner configuration i have ADVANCED , then i have a setup with 10 lnbs with a 10 way switchs. this same setup works perfect with Xtrend and Unibox, so it is not a setup problem

I am making this post in hope that some one from TM will read it and perhaps some one here has some way to resolve this problem and help out.

cheers

bobi

josh_g
13-03-13, 15:00
i Have a Tm-twin and never have any trouble recording from the epg UNLESS the feeds in the back aren't connected properly.

i have recorded many many times this way and all have turned out fine

Larry-G
13-03-13, 15:12
i Have a Tm-twin and never have any trouble recording from the epg UNLESS the feeds in the back aren't connected properly.

i have recorded many many times this way and all have turned out fine

same here, which is why were trying to gather as much info as possible about peoples setups who are suffering these issues. the working theory at the moment is a driver problem, if this is the case it's something only TM can fix.

skyboxhd
13-03-13, 16:47
Hi guys.
as you know form some time back i buy 3 TM boxes , the Single, 2T and the TwinOE

I have had this now for few weeks and im not very very happy with the recordings.

Everytime i add an recording from EPG / Timer then say almost all the recordings are emty for some strange reason.
Some times 3 out of 4 timers are not working. Last evening i added 5 Timers via the EPG, i come back today to see the Recordings and just found out that all Timers have not been recorded.
Only one out of five have 5 min of picture then the rest of the recorfd is bad.

This have been tested with Vix 600 build image. tested with softcams like CCcam, Mgcamd and OScam

when i then make recordings via the RED button everything is fine, so this problem happends only when recordings are added via the Timer.
this is a realy big problem as we cannot make recordings say 3 days ahead.

Another thing i have noticed is that when recordings are made via Timers , the channesl freezes very often , say i make a recording on SKY SPORT 1 HD then i watch say BBC HD while i watch BBC HD i have frequent freezing every few seconds on the channels im looking.

this problems are on all 3 moldes, Single , 2T and the TwinOE, and this problems are not only related to ViX image, as i have tested 4D, OPENAAF, SIF TEAM JACKAL image, and offcourse the ViX image that is my favorite image. and this problems im discribing are on all images. This makes me belive that this problems must be related to the box or the code

If you wonder what setup i have in my dish then i have the following
Under Tuner configuration i have ADVANCED , then i have a setup with 10 lnbs with a 10 way switchs. this same setup works perfect with Xtrend and Unibox, so it is not a setup problem

I am making this post in hope that some one from TM will read it and perhaps some one here has some way to resolve this problem and help out.

cheers

bobi

hello
bobi

iv got the same problem on my singal 2t and twin and on vix image and 4d image, with sata and usb???
id love to know why?
it is when you set the box to record though epg and if the box is on stand buy it will record no problem but if you are watching when the recording is due to start then it will try to record but will show black screen depending on wot channel it is on???
it dont seam to matter wot image so might be driver???

bobi
13-03-13, 19:20
I hope you did understand my findings here.
One thing must be told, im not a new begginer with Linux boxes and have had a handfull of this boxes. I have been and im betatesetr for few images with a diferent nickname :-)

Becouse i did not understand you correctly what do you mean by "feeds" do you mean the cables ? if it is the cables you mean then i can say that they are correctly connected as im an Installer and i know what im doing :-) No ofence thetre :-)

Another thing is that the same cables works flawles in the Xtrend 9500 HD and Venton HD3 boxes, so if the fed was a problem then it will be even for the other boxes to not only for TM boxes.

Im not trying to bash or smash any box here, im just trying to find out what is the problem, and this is not a normal problem as the recordings made by timer some time works and some time they just do not.
If it was an connection problem or an diseqc switch then im sure i have tested with no diseqc and directly from one lnb with one cable, i have even today try and added a totaly new cable from LNB to the box.

Anyway thank you for your replay, it is much appritiated any help and ideas :-)

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
13-03-13, 19:28
Im not trying to bash or smash any box here, im just trying to find out what is the problem, and this is not a normal problem as the recordings made by timer some time works and some time they just do not.
If it was an connection problem or an diseqc switch then im sure i have tested with no diseqc and directly from one lnb with one cable, i have even today try and added a totaly new cable from LNB to the box.

Anyway thank you for your replay, it is much appritiated any help and ideas :-)

cheers

bobi

No one on this forum would even consider suggesting that, This in my opinion is a very serious matter that we are trying to get to the bottom of and as it's happening over various images it strongly suggests that it may be a driver related issue, and sadly drivers are one area that we have no control over. all we can do is gather as much data as possible to try and find out whats going on, if it is deemed as a driver issue then we can only notify TM and hope they come along with a quick fix.

bobi
13-03-13, 19:36
thanks for replay to you to :-)
Im not a programer but to me this seems totaly a driver problem. i have no other explenation about this becouse i use the same Image on all boxes, ViX on every box and on Xtrend 9500 HD with 2 tuners and Venton Unibox HD3 with 3 tuners and same setup everthing works fine. So it cant be the image or the cables or the diseqc switch or the emulator as.
I belive this must be driver related but cant prove it.

What is very fuzzy to me is how come that this works for some and not for others, can this be there are some faulty boxes there ? becouse drivers are the same for those that work and those that do not.

cheers

bobi

same here, which is why were trying to gather as much info as possible about peoples setups who are suffering these issues. the working theory at the moment is a driver problem, if this is the case it's something only TM can fix.

spevs
17-03-13, 13:12
Hi guys, I also have a TM Twin running Vix 3 Build 632 & I set up 5 recodings via the epg on Friday 15th March, whilst all programes appeared to have recorded, when I went into each the time duration was massive something like 2147 mins or so, and the TM twin was unable any of the recordings. Although, some earlier recordings which I had previously watched could be played ok. I have noticed this happening for a few weeks now & I have to set up muliptle recordings of a show like 5th gear as I can not rely on one recording to work correctly. If I can supply any more info please let me know.......

On a positive note I set up two recordings last night & all appear to have completed Ok.............Spevs

Larry-G
17-03-13, 13:22
We currently have a thread open in the DEV section with regard to this and were finding this problem over multiple images with at least the last two sets of drivers, which is another indication that this is likely driver related. we are still looking into things but any info you can supply such as your setup ie which cams you use etc, and any debug logs you have for these times will be helpful.

abu baniaz
17-03-13, 18:38
Please see this post. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27157-Upgrading-TM-2T-Image-from-4d&p=202814#post202814 Someone else reporting same issue on non-vix image.

RL73
18-03-13, 17:43
I too had this fault on more than one occassion with VIX. I have been running 4d for the last month now and have not missed one recording with both timers and record button recordings. Dont jump on me as I know this is predominantly a VIX site, just sharing my experiences.

Hi guys, I also have a TM Twin running Vix 3 Build 632 & I set up 5 recodings via the epg on Friday 15th March, whilst all programes appeared to have recorded, when I went into each the time duration was massive something like 2147 mins or so, and the TM twin was unable any of the recordings. Although, some earlier recordings which I had previously watched could be played ok. I have noticed this happening for a few weeks now & I have to set up muliptle recordings of a show like 5th gear as I can not rely on one recording to work correctly. If I can supply any more info please let me know.......

On a positive note I set up two recordings last night & all appear to have completed Ok.............Spevs

abu baniaz
18-03-13, 18:07
Nobody is going to jump on you.

This is a Vix site so most people posting here will be using Vix. If the recording issue was widespread on all models, then many people would have reported it. The only thing that was "widespread" was when the ecm recording setting was changed. But this has been addressed.

The only receivers experiencing the timer recording issues are the TM ones.

The TM latest batches are good receivers. Hopefully they can address the recording issue better than the time going out of sync and hdmi issues.

@Those who read debug logs, did the logs show anything concrete or still random issue?

Larry-G
18-03-13, 18:08
I too had this fault on more than one occassion with VIX. I have been running 4d for the last month now and have not missed one recording with both timers and record button recordings. Dont jump on me as I know this is predominantly a VIX site, just sharing my experiences.

No one is going to jump on you for reporting your findings, we have had pretty much all of our TM testers looking into this and it's very hit and miss to be able to replicate but it is consistent among all images ViX and 4D included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RL73
18-03-13, 20:08
I encountered the problem on VIX most of the time when 2 recordings started simultaeneoulsy. I also seem to think it was when the 2 recordings where HD channels and subscription channels.

No one is going to jump on you for reporting your findings, we have had pretty much all of our TM testers looking into this and it's very hit and miss to be able to replicate but it is consistent among all images ViX and 4D included.

Larry-G
18-03-13, 20:13
I encountered the problem on VIX most of the time when 2 recordings started simultaeneoulsy. I also seem to think it was when the 2 recordings where HD channels and subscription channels.

prior to encountering this problem my self i did several tests with HD channels and at one point had 5 HD channels all recording from a single tuner on the TM 2T for over a hour without any problems at all, i was able to change between any and all of them and even watch them via the media player while still recording.

That said i still find it quite difficult to replicate these recording problems and i have well over a dozen timers set for the 3 days i'm doing these long night shifts all of which work fine. for me it mainly shown when i try to record the walking dead on fox HD while watching another channel.

Wizard55
18-03-13, 21:15
Yes I agree with you RL73. For me is was rte 2 hd and albi HD. But as Phoenix says it doesn't happen all the time to me, about 4 in 10 recordings..

abu baniaz
18-03-13, 21:23
For me it failed when

Simultaneous recording was set.
Sky Atlantic HD = fine
Star Life Ok = failed

madaboutlotus
24-03-13, 22:36
I have similar recording issues with my Gigablue Quad via the epg. Instant recording when the programme is running and Freesat channels seem to be fine but SKY UK seems not to record anything even though the length of the programme is displayed correctly?2449524496

abu baniaz
25-03-13, 00:08
You didn't have debug logs enabled by any chance? if so please send them in.

judge
25-03-13, 00:21
as abu baniaz says, please enable debug logs & upload them here.
The box, image & build number is included in these logs, so helps us all to track down & reproduce.
Using the current EPG updates in ViX beta 3.3.36X builds, I've set way too many recordings, all worked properly, so without knowing box, image, build... it's going to be hard to track down.

madaboutlotus
25-03-13, 09:19
as abu baniaz says, please enable debug logs & upload them here.
The box, image & build number is included in these logs, so helps us all to track down & reproduce.
Using the current EPG updates in ViX beta 3.3.36X builds, I've set way too many recordings, all worked properly, so without knowing box, image, build... it's going to be hard to track down.

OK, will enable so more informed diagnostics can be performed. Will upload when I have them.

madaboutlotus
25-03-13, 23:51
I have enabled the crash logs but as the failed recording did not crash the box, I don't know if anything will show up. I post again if any logs appear.

Larry-G
25-03-13, 23:55
I have enabled the crash logs but as the failed recording did not crash the box, I don't know if anything will show up. I post again if any logs appear.

for this it's debug logs we would need not crash logs.

madaboutlotus
26-03-13, 21:56
Apologies, my mistake. Will look at the debug logs and see what is on file.

madaboutlotus
27-03-13, 08:57
Debug log and crash log sent in and I have a copy on email. I can post it on here but it takes up a lot of space. Will this be looked at by someone in time to see if they can find the problem with recordings. It must be a hell of a task to manage and sift through.

cokebottles
28-03-13, 22:24
Hi guys, Im having the same problem with my TM-TWIN-OE. Ill give you a bit of background:

I was using .632. My softcam pluggin is the latest CCcam. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. My recordings are made onto a 1tb Seagate hard drive.

I have observed the problem where I make recordings and playback stutters alot and is unwatchable. I tested many scenarios and I can only replicate it when I schedule simultaneous recordings (both tuners) using the EPG, on premium channels only. Usually one recording will be fine and one will be stuttering very badly. I have noticed this both when the recordings are made while the box is on standby, and also whilst im watching one of the recorded channels.

If I start the recordings manually I have no problems - I have recorded 4 HD channels simultaneously with perfect playback.

Before I stumbled on this thread I thought my problem may have been with the latest version of ViX so I have just re-flashed back to the "stable" version 338. However I now have a different problem (which I think is due to my CCcam lines, and am having that sorted tonight).

How can I help with diagnostics? Does this problem occur on all versions of ViX? Im happy to load any version and help collect data for the devs that need it.

RL73
31-03-13, 09:07
Hi guys, Im having the same problem with my TM-TWIN-OE. Ill give you a bit of background:

I was using .632. My softcam pluggin is the latest CCcam. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. My recordings are made onto a 1tb Seagate hard drive.

I have observed the problem where I make recordings and playback stutters alot and is unwatchable. I tested many scenarios and I can only replicate it when I schedule simultaneous recordings (both tuners) using the EPG, on premium channels only. Usually one recording will be fine and one will be stuttering very badly. I have noticed this both when the recordings are made while the box is on standby, and also whilst im watching one of the recorded channels.

If I start the recordings manually I have no problems - I have recorded 4 HD channels simultaneously with perfect playback.

Before I stumbled on this thread I thought my problem may have been with the latest version of ViX so I have just re-flashed back to the "stable" version 338. However I now have a different problem (which I think is due to my CCcam lines, and am having that sorted tonight).

How can I help with diagnostics? Does this problem occur on all versions of ViX? Im happy to load any version and help collect data for the devs that need it.

Exactly my feelings

bobi
09-04-13, 12:20
seems the problem is know and new drivers are on the way perhaps this week. Recordings have been hit and miss all the time on all 3 models and is not related to image problems but rather the drivers from TM/Factory. Lets hope this is soon fixed as this si a general problem for many if not all users.

cheers

bobi

cokebottles
10-04-13, 00:55
Hi Bobi,

New drivers on the way sounds like the right solution. Do you mind if I ask where you heard that information from? As its very exciting, and tbh I didnt think that would happen... Im very glad it is though!

bobi
12-04-13, 11:47
TM inside information mate :-) it has been said here that they are working on the problem. i my self have send countles videso to some technichian and they are nor try to fix this problme.
Cant say more, as it would be un-fear of me to presure the guys working at this, if it take more or les days it does not matter, all matters is the guys are working on this.

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
12-04-13, 12:41
TM inside information mate :-) it has been said here that they are working on the problem. i my self have send countles videso to some technichian and they are nor try to fix this problme.
Cant say more, as it would be un-fear of me to presure the guys working at this, if it take more or les days it does not matter, all matters is the guys are working on this.

cheers

bobi

we are fully aware of what TM are doing with regard to this issue as we have regular contact directly with their driver devs in korea. rest assured that they are working on this issue.

hullfc27
12-04-13, 13:03
mines been spot on not a single missed one since i followed tm's guide!!

Larry-G
12-04-13, 13:08
mines been spot on not a single missed one since i followed tm's guide!!

To be totally honest that guide is a total crock of crap.

hullfc27
13-04-13, 10:19
To be totally honest that guide is a total crock of crap.

how would you know if you didnt have the problem to begin with in the first place??!!! as you keep telling us yours has never missed a beat so to be totally honest you wouldn't know would you

Larry-G
13-04-13, 10:31
how would you know if you didnt have the problem to begin with in the first place??!!! as you keep telling us yours has never missed a beat so to be totally honest you wouldn't know would you

I'm not criticizing you just those so called instructions and yes both my Twin and 2T have displayed the same recording problems but they did not materialize until recently.

judge
14-04-13, 01:38

The guide is a total crock of shit.
TM know this & it's been pointed out to them many times now.

Current TM drivers fail massively with recordings, it's a pity as they make great live TV boxes, but if you depend on recordings, it ain't going to work with current drivers.

Currently using a TM2T & TMTwin, both great boxes for live TV but currently would never reccomend either if you depend on recording/watching later.

bobi
15-04-13, 08:54
I try to record a live movie last night, the record started as it should and the file it looks at is should but still it does not give me any picture :-( i realy hope TM fork this drives soon as if not they will make a even wors name for them selfs. This is not a box failure but more likely a Driver issue and if they do not bring out new drivers soon we all will go round and round with same problem and same posting over and over again.

cheers

bobi

bobi
29-04-13, 10:04
i gott new drivers on my e-mail box just now :-) will be testing this later on as soon as im back from home
only for TM-TWIN-OE , have not got any for 2t and single :-(

anyway just wanted to let you all know that work is being made to fix this for all boxes :-)

cheers

bobi

abu baniaz
29-04-13, 10:16
All 3 receivers use same driver.Maybe even the Nano too.

What is the date of the drivers please?

bobi
29-04-13, 11:44
No drivers are not the same, im sure of this :-)

pooface
29-04-13, 11:56
No drivers are not the same, im sure of this :-)

why so sure? :confused:

bobi
29-04-13, 12:41
Becouse i was told so :-) i now got drivers for 2T to, but no dirver for Single model. i was send the drivers and in the e-mail was told not to publish them and that drivers are not the same.
Maybe they are, but as long as i have not tested them my self then i must relay on answer i got from the guy that send me the drivers

A friend of mine that i send the drivers to have tested this on his Twin box now and he sasy that is working, i my self will test this after 18:00 today as im home then :-)

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
29-04-13, 13:33
all of the TM OE receivers run almost the exactly same hardware and the drivers are a one for all job, the drivers we received are for all 3 receivers as they always have been.

kendo75
29-04-13, 14:11
@phoenix are the drivers for general release or just for testing? As drivers for my tm twin are dated February I believe

Larry-G
29-04-13, 14:40
No there for testing purposes only so we cant release them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

kendo75
29-04-13, 15:50
Lets hope they cure the problem then,mine's fine on single recordings but if I set to record one program after then other on the same or different channels the first recordings fine but the second is just a blank recording

Larry-G
29-04-13, 16:08
Lets hope they cure the problem then,mine's fine on single recordings but if I set to record one program after then other on the same or different channels the first recordings fine but the second is just a blank recording

Fingers crossed ( and toes for that matter ).

bobi
29-04-13, 16:28
I cannot answer that, sorry i write what i was told, and i did not get any credit from the work :-) just plain informing :-)

I got only driver for 2T and Twin OE, for the Single i have not got driver yet

anyway i have bad news, out of 9 Timer recordings that my friend have made, only one is with no problem.He was maybe to eager to give me good answer at first timer recording, but later i got new e-mail with the below answer.

All other 8 timer recordings are not working, he send me e-mail and told me that from this 7 timer recordings there is 1 min and 58 sec he says there is both picture and audio, then after this only audio is hearing , picture stops after 1 min and 58 sec, out of this 8 recordings 1 is totaly black as before.

i will drive home from work in about 30 min, and will be home to try this my self , but im not very optimistic about this new driver :-)

I did clealy state that driver is not to be made public

cheers

bobi

gatster
03-05-13, 16:33
I'm having the same problem (consecutive recording same channel list as 1000's of minutes and are black etc.), and it's a shame as it's a big blight on what is otherwise a good box with useful features. I hope this gets sorted soon as I rely heavily on recordings and it's poor that this doesn't function correctly.

abu baniaz
03-05-13, 18:35
They are working on the drivers. Until fixed, may be an idea to set timers as "zap and record" instead of default "record".

RL73
04-05-13, 13:15
They are working on the drivers. Until fixed, may be an idea to set timers as "zap and record" instead of default "record".

Have been trying this method. Simultaneous recordings still fail. However, it looks like if you offset the start times by a minute all is ok. So far all single recordings on zap and record have been good. Not ideal but better than failing all the time. I'll keep testing and feedback.

bobi
04-05-13, 16:40
I have been testing few drivers lately, and im sure that there is not far from they release the new images with this drivers, next we the guys have to make some final tweekings and then perhaps they release the drivers. Just a matter of time now acctualy :-) i have had timer recordings like 3 days non stop without failing now, but there is here and there some failure and this is what is keeping the drivers from public release, they do not release them untill they are sure all works as it should :-) Picture quality on the other hand with last drivers have improved alot in my opinion

cheers

bobi

bobi
08-05-13, 17:33
Some news from latest drivers

this is what i have found and perhaps this is not a bug with the drivers, but here it goes

I have got the lates drivers today and been testing with the Twin OE only. when i add a timer recordig via EPG that starts Normaly and records OK as it should.
then if i test to add 2 timers from EPG on same time from diferent channel then here only one of the timers get recorded, meanwhile i wach another channel.

So now i wonder, is it not possible to recoerd 2 programs at same time ? or is this a driver problem still.

Say i watch Sky1 , then i go to BBC HD and add a timer that starts at 18:00 then i go to ITV4 and add a timer that allso starts at 18:00 , would this be problematic for the recording as in reality there are 3 channels being workded at same time.

timer and watching same channel never fails here,

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
08-05-13, 17:47
Some news from latest drivers

this is what i have found and perhaps this is not a bug with the drivers, but here it goes

I have got the lates drivers today and been testing with the Twin OE only. when i add a timer recordig via EPG that starts Normaly and records OK as it should.
then if i test to add 2 timers from EPG on same time from diferent channel then here only one of the timers get recorded, meanwhile i wach another channel.

So now i wonder, is it not possible to recoerd 2 programs at same time ? or is this a driver problem still.

Say i watch Sky1 , then i go to BBC HD and add a timer that starts at 18:00 then i go to ITV4 and add a timer that allso starts at 18:00 , would this be problematic for the recording as in reality there are 3 channels being workded at same time.

timer and watching same channel never fails here,

cheers

bobi

The image is able to detect and warn the user of any recording conflicts at the time of setting the recordings, the same is true if you have two or more scheduled recordings due to start while your watching a live channel, you will get a nag screen telling you of the conflict and ask you what you want to do. This system works fine on every other receiver i use just fine, as it does on the TM's, there is no doubt in my mind that this is a driver issue.

also if you set two or more recordings to start at the same time and place the receiver into standby it still fails ( i have made well over 150 such recordings in this last week alone with half a dozen drivers sets and all are the same, some to a lesser degree some worse ).

judge
08-05-13, 18:28
bobi, where are you getting the drivers?

bobi
09-05-13, 19:13
Judge, cant tell mate, have prommised to keep this only for my self :-) i hope you understadn this :-)
i can tell that i know the some friend, but cant tell it here

Phoenix, i have donne since last evening like 30 recordings fine, as long as they are not on same time, meaning as long as they do not start at same time.
This have been tested with 4D last image with new drivers, you know it for sure :-) tonight i will test with ViX as 4D is not my kind of image and i like ViX

One think i noticed with last drivers is that, now we have picture on all timer recordings but no audio on all of them, do you have this problem. I see what only in 1 week there is much much improvments on the driver, so it is only a matter of time before is released.

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
09-05-13, 19:24
Phoenix, i have donne since last evening like 30 recordings fine, as long as they are not on same time, meaning as long as they do not start at same time.
cheers

bobi

Thats the entire bug rite there mate. Staggered recordings are fine and always have been. Multiple recordings that start at the same time as each other are the ones that are failing on the technomate receivers.

judge
09-05-13, 23:44
Judge, cant tell mate, have prommised to keep this only for my self :-) i hope you understadn this :-)

not really, the only new drivers going into a ViX image are the ones tested by ViX.
There have been loads of new drivers released for testing recently, all with different results.
Without knowing what drivers you're using, it's impossible to tell if they are the same ones that might make their way into a ViX image.

abu baniaz
10-05-13, 00:44
If the drivers being tested by the Vix Team are failing on simultaneous multiple recordings, then this is infinitely better than the 20/02/2013 version which sometimes fail on individual timed recordings.

judge
10-05-13, 01:05
If the drivers being tested by the Vix Team are failing on simultaneous multiple recordings, then this is infinitely better than the 20/02/2013 version which sometimes fail on individual timed recordings.

Abu, I've had no issues with single individual timed recordings on either TM2T or TMTwin, if you have debug logs, can you upload them for when it happens.

The drivers have changed massively since 20/02/2013, some disastrous, some slightly ok, some recording on FTA but crap out on multiple encrypted.
The more debug logs, the better.

abu baniaz
10-05-13, 01:17
Will post the logs.

I'm setting "zap and record" timers when needed instead of just "record" timers. These seem to fare better but Missus has given up on recording things.

Wizard55
15-05-13, 19:58
There is a new 4D release on the TM Site

Multi channel recording fixe4d
========================

If this works on 4d I perusme vix can use this drivers at some stage ..

Larry-G
15-05-13, 20:04
There is a new 4D release on the TM Site

Multi channel recording fixe4d
========================

If this works on 4d I perusme vix can use this drivers at some stage ..

were currently testing yet another set of drivers from TM ( something like the 10 th set in 3 weeks ). if they work as promised we will include them in the image if they dont we wont.

bobi
16-05-13, 12:14
Well the last drivers have improved very much from what is today on the image that is for sure. so in my opinion even that they are not 100% working they are better than todays drivers and perhaps ViX team shoulld add them to the image.

Im now testing the last 4D image with the driver set of 14.05 and im more pleased then before, but still there is some recordings that do not go well all of sunnden.

The drivers will work on ViX as i have tested it :-) cheers

Cheers

bobi

Rob van der Does
16-05-13, 13:38
There's no point in making statements like that: we test drivers we get (and that may or may not differ from the ones you tested) and you can be sure we add them if we think they fix issues and we're happy with them.

willyc
18-05-13, 19:21
Well i am still getting blank recordings...

IMC1964
19-05-13, 10:07
I had a situation last night which might be of interest. I spotted two programs on the EPG I wanted to watch that were on at the same time so I added one to the timer and waited for the other to start. Half hour later when the programs were starting I decided to quickly have a look at the channel I was recording whilst the one I was going to watch was starting. The one that was recording had no video or sound even though I was looking at it live on air.

I cancelled the recording and started it again with the record button whilst watching the channel which now had video and sound and then went off to watch the program I was watching live. The recorded program has recorded fine.

RL73
19-05-13, 18:04
Installed the new 4d image yesterday and so far so good with the new drivers.

Larry-G
19-05-13, 18:36
Installed the new 4d image yesterday and so far so good with the new drivers.

The drivers for ViX and 4D are not thw same as there different kernels

abu baniaz
19-05-13, 21:36
The drivers for ViX and 4D are not thw same as there different kernels

Can you double check this please? As far as I am aware, they are on the same kernel since moving to PLI 3.0.

I've transplanted the drivers into the VIX image without issue.

Larry-G
19-05-13, 22:08
Can you double check this please? As far as I am aware, they are on the same kernel since moving to PLI 3.0.

I've transplanted the drivers into the VIX image without issue.

well the drivers they gave us three days ago were for the wrong kernel and stopped the receivers booting up as a result, we then got new drivers again this morning in the correct kernel.

abu baniaz
19-05-13, 22:25
With all due respect, you are referring to the drivers they sent to you, not the ones in the 4D images.

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 05:11
With all due respect, you are referring to the drivers they sent to you, not the ones in the 4D images.
Because that was the reply we got from TM: 'the drivers we gave you are for the kernel of the 4D, which is different from the kernel used in ViX'.

bobi
20-05-13, 14:07
i have tested the last drivers with ViX and they work prety well but the record is not 100% , now since my last post i have used 4D image and all has gone well
the 4D image i have is not from that download site, but rather from the makers and this is working very good.

I hope they release the drivers soon, and give a chance to others to help in fixing problems if there is any.

cheers

bobi

bobi
20-05-13, 14:11
Im sure you do mate, i did not meant any harm with my posting, is just in my opinion that now it is about time for TM to release the drivers and then users can diside them selfs what they do
Sorry did not mean any disrespect to you or ViX as im sure you do a great work for the community.

Cheers

bobi

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 14:15
We can only test what we get from TM. And as said before: rest assured that when decent drivers are available they will be embedded in ViX.

kanwar
21-05-13, 22:00
Can anyone provide a link to the new 4D image release? I am using the Technomate TM-2T and have had the problems using the older 4d image and also current VIX image. Thanks for any help.

abu baniaz
22-05-13, 16:08
Can anyone provide a link to the new 4D image release? I am using the Technomate TM-2T and have had the problems using the older 4d image and also current VIX image. Thanks for any help.

http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php

Navigate to relevant folder

kanwar
23-05-13, 14:39
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php

Navigate to relevant folder

Thanks. I've just installed this latest 4d image.

There is still a problem with recordings beginning at the same time. One fails while the other is fine.

This is ridiculous especially as the release specifically states that multi-recording is fixed! What a joke.

abu baniaz
23-05-13, 15:25
Then edit the timers so one starts a minute before/after the other. Its only a few button presses extra. You are better off scheduling "zap and record" timers instead of just "record" timers until problem is fixed.

Don't be surprised if you still get a failed recording though. If the drivers fixed that issue,without disrupting other features, they would have been implemented in the Vix image. (Drivers that do not fail on single timed recordings but fail on simultaneous ones are better than the current ones.)

kanwar
23-05-13, 15:27
Thanks for the tips.

I don't have a massive issue doing that but such elementary problems are highly annoying. The developers should be ashamed of themselves. Why don't they test these things properly, ffs?!

Larry-G
23-05-13, 15:29
(Drivers that do not fail on single timed recordings but fail on simultaneous ones are better than the current ones.)

i have never had a single recording fail yet with any drivers set, its always dual or more recordings that fail in some way or another for me.

Larry-G
23-05-13, 15:30
Thanks for the tips.

I don't have a massive issue doing that but such elementary problems are highly annoying. The developers should be ashamed of themselves. Why don't they test these things properly, ffs?!

now you may understand why we have not included any new drivers in the image yet, we will only push drivers to ViX when we are sure they work and do what they are supposed to.

kanwar
23-05-13, 15:33
Thanks for the info, pheonix.

I regret buying this box. If I knew it had this problem I would have never gone for it.

Have the official TM given any timescale for a fix?

Larry-G
23-05-13, 15:37
Thanks for the info, pheonix.

I regret buying this box. If I knew it had this problem I would have never gone for it.

Have the official TM given any timescale for a fix?

To be fair the hardware is top notch and i really can not fault my Twin or 2T on that score and yes it's very frustrating at the moment with the state of the drivers but they are being worked on, sadly there is no timeframe as to when this issue will be fixed. Basically we are only able to test what we are given, if they work great, they will be included in the image, if not then the whole thing starts over again and we wait for another driver set to be sent to us for testing.

kanwar
24-05-13, 02:06
To be fair the hardware is top notch and i really can not fault my Twin or 2T on that score and yes it's very frustrating at the moment with the state of the drivers but they are being worked on, sadly there is no timeframe as to when this issue will be fixed. Basically we are only able to test what we are given, if they work great, they will be included in the image, if not then the whole thing starts over again and we wait for another driver set to be sent to us for testing.

I hope you are given drivers to sort this issue.

By the way, I now know why i changed from the 4d image in the first place. Lol. Still so buggy and poor compared to VIX.

The only thing is that the 4d image does not cause my recorded Sky Movies to stutter when i play them whereas VIX image does. Should i try an older build of VIX perhaps? 4D recording playback seems a bit more stable overall, is there any driver difference?

Thanks for your kind assistance, everyone.

RL73
27-05-13, 09:16
The new 4d image for recording is worse than ever. Multiple failed recordings on single timers.

abu baniaz
28-05-13, 00:02
Oh dear! They are still using a different bootloaders too. It is not a new one either as far as I can tell.

For the Twin,
DAGS are using a bootloader with checksum 77ac0c49036968768e0392dc0432d246
The 07/11/2012 version on openvix has checksum 28b962603b47d629cf4fa15d51fd63d0

The Receiver comes up with slightly different clock speed counters depending on which loader you use. Some other differences on the rs232 bootup logs.

kanwar
01-06-13, 00:24
Hello guys,

I'd just like to add some feedback and a couple of issues I'm having using current VIX build 668.

I've had a couple of single recordings I've made lately wherein the picture is fine throughout but a short while into the video the audio cuts off. Today, this happened with French Open 2013 on Eurosport HD , after about 6.37 mins of the recording. This is very strange indeed.

Other recordings, live channels etc work fine and I've never had this problem watching Live TV. I tried rebooting the box etc but it did not help. I downloaded the .ts file using FTP Filezilla and the sound cuts off after 6.37 mins, for sure.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I would be very grateful for any help as I really wanted to watch highlights of Federer's match but without sound it's boring!

EDIT: With the recording today, I had it on Eurosport HD when I pressed record.

K.

kanwar
01-06-13, 17:52
I've just spoken to TM on the phone and they say that the VIX image is the reason for the failed recordings. They have directed me to the latest 4d image which supposedly resolves the issue:

http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=tm2toe&num=17

What a load of crap!

He also suggested that I may have a dodgy box. How can I check whether I have a real or cloned box?

Sicilian
01-06-13, 18:12
I've just spoken to TM on the phone and they say that the VIX image is the reason for the failed recordings. They have directed me to the latest 4d image which supposedly resolves the issue:

The issue is their drivers! NOT the ViX image. We are the last stage of testing their new driver before we release them.

He also suggested that I may have a dodgy box. How can I check whether I have a real or cloned box?

No chance of a clone, there no such thing as TM-Twin clone.

Larry-G
01-06-13, 19:07

What a load of crap!

Take it from me mate Technomate are full of #### on this one, they have given us driver pack after driver pack that has progressively gotten worse every time, they simply do not want to deal with these issues and would rather blame others, frankly i'm fed up of their nonsense. Rite now we have a set of drivers that may finally look like fixing this issue but i would not hold your breath too long for fear of suffocation.

bobi
02-06-13, 15:31
Totaly have to agrea on all you say Phoenix. Im one of the few that have had the chance to test the drivers from a very cloused source.
There have been more problems then there have been fixes realy and TM needs to get their act together.

I have used countless of hourts in testing tyhe drivers and have reported back to themn constantly of their problems and what fails with the drivers.
I would say TM is risking so much with this accusations, realy ViX is not the Problem here, but more like the Dirver TM gives.

I have tested the last 4D image and must say works realy better then anything out there for now, but it is still not 100% bugfree.

Anyway, if you have the last drivers from TM , would you consider making a BETA image only for one time so we can test this and tel TM to shut up and give us the right and working drivers.

cheers

bobi

sgate
08-06-13, 14:41
it looks like the recording problem are now fix, Multi channel recording when they are starting at the same time with the box on standby, i have being using
this driver, for 3 days and all my recording are all ok :thumbsup:
bcmlinuxdvb_7335-3.5.3-20130604

Larry-G
08-06-13, 15:02
it looks like the recording problem are now fix, Multi channel recording when they are starting at the same time with the box on standby, i have being using
this driver, for 3 days and all my recording are all ok :thumbsup:
bcmlinuxdvb_7335-3.5.3-20130604

Lucky you then because on both on my receivers ( Twin and 2T ) i'm still getting at least a 30% fail rate along with several other members of the beta team, especially when making three or more simultaneous recordings.

sgate
08-06-13, 17:48
Lucky you then because on both on my receivers ( Twin and 2T ) i'm still getting at least a 30% fail rate along with several other members of the beta team, especially when making three or more simultaneous recordings.

i have only doing 2 simultaneous recordings, can never find 3 or more things to record simultaneous
most of the thing are repeats :D

judge
08-06-13, 21:45
Thankfully I haven't had a chance to test the no doubtful multiple drivers over the last few weeks...
However, if you want to record more than 2 shows at the same time, record one, record another, hit the up/down channel list button and record any others that aren't grayed out...

RL73
13-06-13, 14:57
Have installed the new 4d image dated 7/6 and have made several simultaneous recordings on subscription channels with no issues. Hope this is now resolved. How are VIX getting on? I prefer the interface.:)

Larry-G
13-06-13, 14:59
Have installed the new 4d image dated 7/6 and have made several simultaneous recordings on subscription channels with no issues. Hope this is now resolved. How are VIX getting on? I prefer the interface.:)

well TM have finally ( after 3 months ) acknowledged that there is a problem with multiple recordings and that it's a problem with their drivers, so were just waiting on them sending us more drivers to test.

willyc
14-06-13, 18:46
All my recordings have been fine all week...:thumbsup:

kanwar
19-06-13, 00:02
The multi recording has definitely been fixed since VIX image 678. However, in the last couple of days I am having problems again with recordings put on at night being blank (standby issue). I am using VIX latest unstable releases.

Thanks for the heads up, RL73, I will try the new 4d image released 7th June. I am hoping it will fix the PTS issue I am currently having with VIX too.

I will update you guys as to how it goes.

Fingers crossed.

RL73
19-06-13, 17:21
Kanwar/all, FYI. Still getting blank recordings even with the 4d image although does seem much better. One failed recording over 2 weeks which was on 5HD and was a single recording. Totally random as to when it will happen. I put my brother on to a Venton from site sponsor and he's had no problems. Would never touch a TM again. Mainly bought it for the RF out.

The multi recording has definitely been fixed since VIX image 678. However, in the last couple of days I am having problems again with recordings put on at night being blank (standby issue). I am using VIX latest unstable releases.

Thanks for the heads up, RL73, I will try the new 4d image released 7th June. I am hoping it will fix the PTS issue I am currently having with VIX too.

I will update you guys as to how it goes.

Fingers crossed.

kanwar
19-06-13, 20:47
Does the new 4d image give you any permanent timeshift issues, RL73?

RL73
20-06-13, 21:27
Does the new 4d image give you any permanent timeshift issues, RL73?
Don't use pause facility much but haven't noticed any problems.

mkhan
23-06-13, 16:20
I put a timer recording on yesterday and it only recorded 5 minutes of the program and the rest of the recording was blank. I'm using the latest open Vix image, not pleased with this box at all.

mkhan
23-06-13, 22:34
Did three timer recordings today of which two of them were fine and one had no audio but recorded. I hope TM sort this problem I brought this receiver for the main viewing but will move to the bedroom and stick to the duo for now.

Another thing about this box I noticed it opens channels a lot slower compared to my duo which is quite fast and can be annoying when zapping through channels.

Has anyone else noticed this?

judge
23-06-13, 22:44
Did three timer recordings today of which two of them were fine and one had no audio but recorded. I hope TM sort this problem I brought this receiver for the main viewing but will move to the bedroom and stick to the duo for now.

Pease state the image & build number when reporting any issues.

Another thing about this box I noticed it opens channels a lot slower compared to my duo which is quite fast and can be annoying when zapping through channels.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Can't say I have, channel zapping seems just as fast as any Duo I've used.
Are you using the same channel listings on both boxes, are you using a cam? if so, which one & is it the same on both boxes?

mkhan
23-06-13, 22:56
Pease state the image & build number when reporting any issues.

Can't say I have, channel zapping seems just as fast as any Duo I've used.
Are you using the same channel listings on both boxes, are you using a cam? if so, which one & is it the same on both boxes?

I'm using the latest Vix image build 683 on both receivers with same channel list and softcam cccam 2.2.1.

judge
23-06-13, 23:06
How are you generating the channel lists on both boxes & are you using single or multiple sats?
Never tried Cccam 2.2.1 on my Twin but lots of others obviously do.
Personally, I use 2.3.0 & never have any issues in this area.

mkhan
24-06-13, 00:10
How are you generating the channel lists on both boxes & are you using single or multiple sats?
Never tried Cccam 2.2.1 on my Twin but lots of others obviously do.
Personally, I use 2.3.0 & never have any issues in this area.

On the twin I'm using single channel list however the same issue occurs with multiple channel list as well. I will give 2.30 ago but I don't think it's a softcam issue I have the same cam on the duo. The fta channels open normally it's the encrypted channels where the delay occurs in opening.

judge
24-06-13, 00:42
So, you have a card to decrypt the encrypted channels in both boxes?
Somehow doubt it (sorry if I'm wrong), so can only presume it's down to a network or cs issue & something we will not discuss here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

mkhan
24-06-13, 11:55
So, you have a card to decrypt the encrypted channels in both boxes?
Somehow doubt it (sorry if I'm wrong), so can only presume it's down to a network or cs issue & something we will not discuss here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Its neither a network or cs issue as I said there are no reported issues with the duo using same setup. This issue is annoying but I'm not too fussed about it my main worry is the recording which fails sometimes and hope this is sorted asap.

RL73
27-06-13, 16:04
Have TM come up with any decent drivers yet.

Daysleeper
23-07-13, 21:17
Hi

I'm still sitting on build 678. Just wondering if this issue has been resolved in any of the later builds at all?

Daysleeper
23-07-13, 21:42
Oops, sorry, should've posted the above on the "glitching on HD channels" thread, but the question remains pertinent to both

RL73
24-07-13, 07:44
Hi

I'm still sitting on build 678. Just wondering if this issue has been resolved in any of the later builds at all?

No it hasn't. Just installed 702 with immediate blank recording.

Daysleeper
24-07-13, 08:18
Hmm, thanks. I appreciate that it's a TM issue, and not a Vix one. It would be nice if Technomate sorted this at some point.

bobi
26-07-13, 19:28
Well there is more backwards then forward with the last drivers, i do not know but drivers i got on 14.05.13 are the most stable drivers i have to date. i got some drivers on 19.07.13 but they was just not good so im back to the stable driver.

Im disapointed with this progress, as why cant they fix this problem, all other boxes with Enigma2 and based on MIPS do not have this problem with the recordings. Im back on using the Xtrend 9500 HD and it is a marvel to use this box. IT JUST WORKS

I hope TM can come up with something sooner then later before they make all of uss live them.

cheers

bobi

bobbyduke
30-07-13, 09:08
I have tried the latest images i find the first few timers works fine then you start to get the blank screen on recordings, box rebooting on timer startups channels glitching freezing you are watching while timers are on progress etc. Latest vix images first 4 or 5 timers work then these problem kicks off. Back dated to the vix feb update and the box did seem to handle the timers better did 13 timers with around 9 timers recordings ok playback took a few secs to kick in but did work.

Anyone using a back dated image that works well for timers and pvr or are they all faulty?

abu baniaz
13-08-13, 01:19
Failed recording using bcmlinuxdvb_7335-3.5.3-20130807.tar.gz

Build 718
Tuner A = disabled. Tuner B = Static 28.2.
Single timed recording, receiver was in standby

bobi
22-08-13, 13:54
New drivers on the way, just got SW from them now, will test and lett you know

cheers

bobi

Larry-G
22-08-13, 14:07

cheers

bobi

No idea why you feel the need to announce this to the world ?. We have been testing the new kernel and drivers for the past two days already.

Sicilian
22-08-13, 14:24

cheers

bobi

Would be interesting to hear your views, so far looking promising.

bobi
22-08-13, 20:01
Becouse i was told was OK :-) Sorry if this brings trooble for your team i will stop this ASAP :-) i do not want to make problems but was happy that i got the new drivers and image.

whont happend again if that is aproblem

cheers

bobi

No idea why you feel the need to announce this to the world ?. We have been testing the new kernel and drivers for the past two days already.

abu baniaz
23-08-13, 01:12
Very strange, not even in the beta section of the TM forum.

bobi
23-08-13, 14:10
Have now had one days test and can say that this looks very very promissing :-)
have had now upto 20 diferent recordings via Timer and all are totaly fine, both with Card in the box and using OScam on 2T and serving on Twin OE
this is looking very good but lets give it some days testing and see how it goes

cheers

bobi

Lstof
26-08-13, 19:32
can anyone give an update on the new drivers please, are they still looking promising.

Sicilian
26-08-13, 20:26
can anyone give an update on the new drivers please, are they still looking promising.

We're now awaiting some updated info from TM before we can complete testing with ViX.

Lstof
26-08-13, 22:29
Thanks for the fast response, I'm eager to get the technomate recording issues fixed.

bobi
30-08-13, 12:38
I have been using the driver for some days now and im very satisfied :-) the only thing i have noticed is that the box is a bit lower but that i can live with.
I now hope for new ViX image as i love using this image :-) but lates wait and be patiente and in good time all will be here :-)

Cheers

bobi

RL73
30-08-13, 12:48
Bobi. Is there anywhere I can pick up the drivers?

Larry-G
30-08-13, 16:13
I have been using the driver for some days now and im very satisfied :-) the only thing i have noticed is that the box is a bit lower but that i can live with.
I now hope for new ViX image as i love using this image :-) but lates wait and be patiente and in good time all will be here :-)

Cheers

bobi

Unfortunately that kernel was not built for ViX but another totally different image and its not fully compatible.

Lstof
30-08-13, 18:23
Hi Pheonix

Are you saying the new drivers that we were waiting for are not the fix that we wanted or are more test needed. i've been waiting 5 months for the recording issues to be sorted on the tm-2t and thought we were close.

Larry-G
30-08-13, 20:00
Hi Pheonix

Are you saying the new drivers that we were waiting for are not the fix that we wanted or are more test needed. i've been waiting 5 months for the recording issues to be sorted on the tm-2t and thought we were close.

More testing is needed at the moment due to a newly discovered kernel issue. no ETA at present, sorry.

mkhan
31-08-13, 16:26
A new 4D image was released yesterday with the new drivers, I have ripped the Kernal drivers from the image and have added it to the latest Vix image. After testing multiple timer recordings all of them were fine, I've only tested for a day so can't say for sure if there are any other issues but so far it looks promising.

Sicilian
31-08-13, 16:41
A new 4D image was released yesterday with the new drivers, I have ripped the Kernal drivers from the image and have added it to the latest Vix image. After testing multiple timer recordings all of them were fine, I've only tested for a day so can't say for sure if there are any other issues but so far it looks promising.

This will cause you issues with certain parts of the image, everything in ViX will NOT fully work.

mkhan
31-08-13, 16:45
This will cause you issues with certain parts of the image, everything in ViX will NOT fully work.

Which part of the image will have problems?

Everything I use is working as normal.

Sicilian
31-08-13, 16:48

If its working for you fine.

An announcement will be posted soon explaining all.

Larry-G
31-08-13, 16:48
Which part of the image will have problems?

Use this at your own risk, this kernel is not fully compatible with the ViX image and we have found several serious kernel level crashes as a result.

mkhan
31-08-13, 16:59
Do you know when a compatible Vix image will be released?

I will continue to use the drivers for now with the Vix image like said I'm not having any issues at all so far.

Sicilian
31-08-13, 17:00
Do you know when a compatible Vix image will be released?

I will continue to use the drivers for now with the Vix image like said I'm not having any issues at all so far.

As posted above, announcement will be post soon.

bobi
02-09-13, 19:02
I have used the drivers with ViX image and must say that the image runs slowly after some days. there are several green screen and many plugins crashing for nothing. So it seems this drivers are not for the ViX image. i will try the new 4d image, but where is this released on, what webpage do you get it from.

I hope ViX releases one soon as im so used to vix now that i cannot use another image :-) VIX all the way :-)

cheers

bobi

Lstof
02-09-13, 19:20
Hi Bobi

If you try the 4D image can you let us know how you've got on with it, I also want to stick with the Vix image, but for now I need to use the receiver for the reasons I bought it for (recording).

cheers

Larry-G
02-09-13, 19:24
Hi Bobi

If you try the 4D image can you let us know how you've got on with it, I also want to stick with the Vix image, but for now I need to use the receiver for the reasons I bought it for (recording).

cheers

The new kernel and drivers were built for the 4D image so you should be ok with them, they however dont work properly with ViX and we have discovered a number of kernel level issues hence why we went to the drastic action of releasing a statement detailing this. if or when we get working drivers etc we'll use them but at the present moment we wont use what are on offer for stability reasons.

RL73
03-09-13, 16:11
[QUOTE=bobi;234120]I have used the drivers with ViX image and must say that the image runs slowly after some days. there are several green screen and many plugins crashing for nothing. So it seems this drivers are not for the ViX image. i will try the new 4d image, but where is this released on, what webpage do you get it from.

I hope ViX releases one soon as im so used to vix now that i cannot use another image :-) VIX all the way :-)

cheers

bobi[/QUOTE

http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/list.php?board=tmtwinoe

Am testing at the mo and will leave feedback. TBH I always preferred VIX but recordigs on 4D where far more reliable.

mkhan
03-09-13, 22:21
Any news on when a compatible Kernel for the Vix image will be released?

I'm still using the Kernel from 4D image on Vix 726 and have no issues so far.

Sicilian
03-09-13, 22:23
When its ready, its ready. Sorry this is not going to be rushed.

robti
03-09-13, 23:41
When its ready, its ready. Sorry this is not going to be rushed.

Hi sorry if i misunderstood this, are you saying that you have updated drivers from the announcement posted a couple of days ago regarding the driver situation and are working on them, if so that is all we can ask.

Thanks

Robert

Larry-G
03-09-13, 23:58
Hi sorry if i misunderstood this, are you saying that you have updated drivers from the announcement posted a couple of days ago regarding the driver situation and are working on them, if so that is all we can ask.

Thanks

Robert

no he means that we are waiting for proper drivers to fix the issue and or if we get those and they work to our satisfaction we will incorporate them into the image.

Larry-G
04-09-13, 15:35
Is their a link to this statement?

Yes it should be in the technomate section but I cant link to it rite now as im online via my phone.

robti
04-09-13, 17:03
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31047-Release-of-Technomate-drivers-30-08-13-all-TM-Linux-users-please-read

Hope this is what you are looking for

Robert

Larry-G
04-09-13, 17:08
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31047-Release-of-Technomate-drivers-30-08-13-all-TM-Linux-users-please-read

Hope this is what you are looking for

Robert

Yes thats it, thanks.

mkhan
05-09-13, 16:36
I've been testing the Kernel from 4D image for the past couple of days and yesterday I got a blank recording on a single timer recording. I don't know if this is because I'm using the Vix image with 4D Kernel but up to now I didn't have a single failed recording and no issues at all with Vix image in general.

Larry-G
05-09-13, 16:59
I've been testing the Kernel from 4D image for the past couple of days and yesterday I got a blank recording on a single timer recording. I don't know if this is because I'm using the Vix image with 4D Kernel but up to now I didn't have a single failed recording and no issues at all with Vix image in general.

The problem is not with recordings mate it's at the deep kernel level, were waiting for a new beta to test some more drivers that should hopefully resolve those issues.

Jigsy99
05-09-13, 17:24
no he means that we are waiting for proper drivers to fix the issue and or if we get those and they work to our satisfaction we will incorporate them into the image.

I'm keeping everything crossed that TM finally take there thumbs out of there arse's and get this sorted once and for all. It really is getting beyond a joke now, I keep sending them emails most days just asking them to get it sorted or I'll be asking them for a refund. Strangely I'm not receiving replies back as yet :D

Lstof
05-09-13, 21:25
After having the Technomate tm-2t 6 month I've just managed to get the thing to record correctly by using the latest 4D image. But I have to say it's my opinion that the Vix image is way better. As soon as its up and running correctly on Vix I will transfer back. Hope its not too long.

deejay_waz
06-09-13, 11:11
Hi guys, which image is best to use at the moment if i would like to update my tm twin oe????

#Thanks in advance

willyc
06-09-13, 17:55
I am still using 684 (which works perfect on recordings) having tried the latest update and still getting blank recordings....

Larry-G
06-09-13, 18:00
were just finishing some tests here with a new build, so far looking very good, still a few minor niggles but nothing that would prevent a release if nothing major is found in the meantime.

Jigsy99
06-09-13, 18:58
Hi guys, which image is best to use at the moment if i would like to update my tm twin oe????

#Thanks in advance

Stay with Vix mate. It seems TM have finally got there act together and given the Vix team something they can work with it. Hopefully a new release soon see above post :D

robti
06-09-13, 19:34
were just finishing some tests here with a new build, so far looking very good, still a few minor niggles but nothing that would prevent a release if nothing major is found in the meantime.

Thanks for an update on this, gives us all hope

Robert

RL73
06-09-13, 21:53
After having the Technomate tm-2t 6 month I've just managed to get the thing to record correctly by using the latest 4D image. But I have to say it's my opinion that the Vix image is way better. As soon as its up and running correctly on Vix I will transfer back. Hope its not too long.

4d seems ok but the 5.1 audio output still doesn't operate. Big problem for me as I have a surround set up.

abu baniaz
06-09-13, 23:31
I hope Captain has not been too hasty
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/d4bf638a2f1c2ca239ced218b357f7941c53ee95

Sicilian
07-09-13, 06:04
I hope Captain has not been too hasty
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/d4bf638a2f1c2ca239ced218b357f7941c53ee95

No he hasn't, we've been testing them, main issues are now fixed. He was advised lastnight to commit them ;)

mkhan
07-09-13, 14:52
New image now available to download.

Is this the one that fixes the timer recordings?

Larry-G
07-09-13, 14:56
New image now available to download.

Is this the one that fixes the timer recordings?

amongst other things, yes.

bobi
11-09-13, 13:07
Finaly :-)
This is good image indeed :-) the drivers have been working good for me, but now i have been testing the 4D image for some days.

cheers

bobi

abu baniaz
15-09-13, 17:24
Are the 13/09 drivers included in build 739 for the non-nano TM images?

Reportedly
1. Fixed HDMI multi channel audio codec downmix issue
2. Fixed Youtube
3. Deleted REC, tuner icon during recording at standby mode
4. Improved DVB-S2 QPSK scan functioning
5. Improved smart card driver (for Nagra S02 Card)
6. Improved dvbca for scam

mkhan
21-09-13, 18:51
I've been using Vix 735 image for a week and I had two failed single timer recordings.
Previously I was using Vix 734 and had no issues with recordings.

Edit: When I mean failed it recorded the first 7 minutes and then the rest was blank which used to happen with the old Kernal.

Lstof
23-09-13, 19:37
After not being able to use my technomate tm2t to record for months I switched to 4d image which allows this function no problem, however I like the vix image a lot better. Can someone confirm that the new image TOTALLY stops the recording issues.

Cheers

Larry-G
23-09-13, 19:42
After not being able to use my technomate tm2t to record for months I switched to 4d image which allows this function no problem, however I like the vix image a lot better. Can someone confirm that the new image TOTALLY stops the recording issues.

Cheers

It's nothing at all to do with the image and never was, it's all down to the drivers and kernel as provided by Technomate and yes the latest images ( 736 upwards ) contain the new drivers and kernel which fix the recording issues.

RL73
24-09-13, 08:37
I've been using Vix 735 image for a week and I had two failed single timer recordings.
Previously I was using Vix 734 and had no issues with recordings.

Edit: When I mean failed it recorded the first 7 minutes and then the rest was blank which used to happen with the old Kernal.

Not seen a missed recoring yet with new drivers. Anyone else?

cokebottles
01-10-13, 10:12
For me, the recording capability of the TM-TWIN was so temperamental in the past that I unfortunately had to almost completely stop using it.

Since the update, I have been able to rely on the receiver again and have not had a failed recording. The VIX guys have been saying it all along; driver and kernel. I can now happily schedule recordings from the EPG (even multiple timers which start simultaneously) and so far I have not had a problem.

Lstof
04-10-13, 19:00
I've changed back to the vix image from 4d and can comment that all is good, haven't had 1 fail when recording.... Happy days!!!

mkhan
13-12-13, 15:58
Single timer recordings on Star Plus HD channel on some programming in the evening tends to fail to record most of the time. Programs at this time record for about 7 minutes and the the rest is blank. I've only ever noticed it on this channel for some reason and the issue is still around on all images to present since the recording fix.

It's not a sever issue as I've checked, there seem to be a bug somewhere in the drivers I think.

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 17:08
My Mrs has Big Boss series 7 on a timer. Has not missed a recording since the fix. (Excluding my hardware fault which results in a lockup.) Your issue may lay elsewhere. Try watching two encrypted channels together, one on webif/mobile and see if you get a problem. The recording issue usually resulted in a blank recording with no length.

mkhan
13-12-13, 19:19
The program your referring to is broadcasted on another channel. I have a recording issue with the 8pm and 10.30 pm programs on Star plus HD these two programs tend not to record most often. If I put a single timer recording for them it results in a recording length of 7 minutes and then the rest is blank although the display show the full duration of the recording. Before the recording fix I used to get this issue with recordings from other channels or didn't record at all.

I having to place timer recordings for them on the SD channel instead for the Mrs.

monkeyman
17-12-13, 00:18
Out of interest has the vix drivers changed last month or so? I noticed recordings started going iffy so went back to older 4d image august time one, also notice it was oscam not working so good on them so use cccam, only problem there get glitching on some channels with that due to servers needing csp update. To be honest tm twin is a bit of a nightmare box my spark triple tuner box does destroy it on stability wise shame because its such a fast box.

Larry-G
17-12-13, 01:27
There is no such thing as ViX drivers, we only use what TM provide good or bad, personally i have not had any issues with any of my three TM's in months since TM fixed the last batch of issues in their drivers / kernel.

judge
17-12-13, 01:53
Out of interest has the vix drivers changed last month or so? I noticed recordings started going iffy so went back to older 4d image august time one, also notice it was oscam not working so good on them so use cccam, only problem there get glitching on some channels with that due to servers needing csp update. To be honest tm twin is a bit of a nightmare box my spark triple tuner box does destroy it on stability wise shame because its such a fast box.

I'd suggest you answered your own question & re-read the site rules.
If recordings wern't working again using legit subs, you can be damn sure we'd be seeing lots of complaints, so far we're not...

mkhan
17-12-13, 19:31

Oscam is the worst cam to use with this receiver in terms of recordings failing. Surprisingly I've had better success with recording on Star Plus HD channel with cccam 2.1.4 as apposed to cccam 2.2.1 although the failed recording issue is still there but failing less frequently.

I'm going to try cccam 2.3.0 to see if I can get rid of the problem also a combination of both oscam+cccam. If the problem is still there I'm going to get rid and will never buy another TM linux receiver again due to inferior support from TM.

Rob van der Does
17-12-13, 19:38
Oscam is the worst cam to use with this receiver in terms of recordings failing. Surprisingly I've had better success with recording on Star Plus HD channel with cccam 2.1.4 as apposed to cccam 2.2.1 although the failed recording issue is still there but failing less frequently.

I'm going to try cccam 2.3.0 to see if I can get rid of the problem also a combination of both oscam+cccam. If the problem is still there I'm going to get rid and will never buy another TM linux receiver again due to inferior support from TM.

What local smartcard are you using?

monkeyman
17-12-13, 19:57
I'd suggest you answered your own question & re-read the site rules.
If recordings wern't working again using legit subs, you can be damn sure we'd be seeing lots of complaints, so far we're not...

What would anyone gain using one of these boxes with a legit sub? might aswell have a legit box that would work properly with it.

mkhan
17-12-13, 20:28
What local smartcard are you using?

I'm using Sky UK card but not in the TM Twin.

The failed recording issue occurs when viewing as a client and oscam fails on all recordings after a few minutes or the recording is completely blank.

Larry-G
17-12-13, 20:29
What would anyone gain using one of these boxes with a legit sub? might aswell have a legit box that would work properly with it.

well in my case i gain the ability to customize almost every aspect of my receiver exactly to my own liking, I can choose the skin i want to use, i have a far greater EPG than that of a standard sky box and i can stream content to and from multiple receivers and other attached devices. Were not all in this hobby to try and get something for nothing, I know i'm certainly not.

monkeyman
17-12-13, 22:45
well in my case i gain the ability to customize almost every aspect of my receiver exactly to my own liking, I can choose the skin i want to use, i have a far greater EPG than that of a standard sky box and i can stream content to and from multiple receivers and other attached devices. Were not all in this hobby to try and get something for nothing, I know i'm certainly not.

Yeah fair play if you are happy with that is what counts, myself I would want it all done for me with a legit card if I am paying for it hence a legit box. Thanks to the vix guys for keep trying on the tm twin but it is a bad box and most people just accept that now and never say much anymore is why its quiet. Anyway slapping mine on fleabay to get rid now had enough of it then get another spark triple tuner to replace it.

monkeyman
17-12-13, 22:48
I'm using Sky UK card but not in the TM Twin.

The failed recording issue occurs when viewing as a client and oscam fails on all recordings after a few minutes or the recording is completely blank.

With the latest Oscam as a client I found the recording can stop if you change channels or playback the recording while still in progress, where CCcam seems ok but has problems with some channels as a client where latest Oscam does not.

mkhan
18-12-13, 22:57
With the latest Oscam as a client I found the recording can stop if you change channels or playback the recording while still in progress, where CCcam seems ok but has problems with some channels as a client where latest Oscam does not.

I still have the issue running the latest Oscam version. I'm currently testing the latest version of oscam with cccam 2.30 and haven't had any failed recordings so far for 2 days. However I will continue testing it for a week or so to see if the problem comes back although I'm still not happy with the fact that I can't use Oscam on its own with this receiver.

Also it doesn't appear to be a problem with Oscam sounds more like a driver issue with the cams.

abu baniaz
19-12-13, 00:32
@Mkhan,
After you reported the issue last week, I have scheduled recordings of Veera over last few days. They all recorded and played back fine. I didn't watach all of them, just went through them at several minutes till the end.

If you want the forum members to assist they you will need to provide logs. As you say if fails more often then not, then it should be easy enough to reproduce. TM did have issues with oscam at the beginning of the Twin's lifecycle. May well be that they never fiixed it properly. The drivers are used in the Nano, Nano 2T, Single, 2T and Twin, so it is in TM's interest to resolve this. I dare say that if it is an error they made at base level, it will also make its way into the 1.3ghz range. (They messed up OpenTV epg on the TM800 and they implemented the drivers in the same way on the Twin at launch.

Without logs or more details such as your configs etc, nobody is going to be able to reproduce the issues you are having. Once others can reproduce the issue, something can hopefully be done.

monkeyman
19-12-13, 01:07
I still have the issue running the latest Oscam version. I'm currently testing the latest version of oscam with cccam 2.30 and haven't had any failed recordings so far for 2 days. However I will continue testing it for a week or so to see if the problem comes back although I'm still not happy with the fact that I can't use Oscam on its own with this receiver.

Also it doesn't appear to be a problem with Oscam sounds more like a driver issue with the cams.

Yeah the latest oscam clears all the channels great on the tm, but once you start recording its a pain, CCcam seemed fine recording on 4d image from august but the vix latest ones was abit iffy, one problem I has on both latest images 4d and vix was when a recording started current channel being viewed would freeze so I guess somethings been changed on both of them lately. Anyway good news I am a free man now the tm twin oe has been sold it had taken enough of my life away lol.

judge
19-12-13, 01:54
Anyway good news I am a free man now the tm twin oe has been sold it had taken enough of my life away lol.

Good news that you sold on a box that you don't see fit for purpose?
Whose good news is that?

Has anyone on this thread being using a local card for recording purposes?

Larry-G
19-12-13, 02:47
Ok guys i think this thread has now run it's course and i'm closing it down, if you have a legitimate issue please create a bug report otherwise lets leave it there shall we.