PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 monobloc DiSEcQ lbn problem

forums9999
12-03-13, 22:57
Hi all,

Thanks for this great forum.

I bought a new original Solo2, one week ago, and can't get it working yet. During all the last week, I tried several settings found in several forums without success.

I have a monobloc DiSEcQ LNB with two heads (Hotbird and Astra). The problem is I can’t find a lot of Astra channels: only 600 out of 1500. Even those I find, I can’t zap to them. When I zap to them, I have a “Tune failed” error message. But I could find all Hotbird channels and they are all working well.

Here is my configuration:
Dish: One dish with monobloc DiSEcQ LNB with head A on Hotbird (13°) and head B on Astra (19.2°)
Receiver:
Solo 2 with openvix-3.0.627-vusolo2_usb
Tuner A setting:
Simple,
DiSEcQ A/B
Port A => Hotbird
Port B => Astra
Send DiSEcQ command only on sat change => no
Set Votage and 22 KHz => yes
Tuner B: not configured.

Here after are some tests I have done:

1) I tested with a dreambox DM800 clone, and it could find quite all channels (1320) and I can zap to them. This shows that my dish/lbn/cables are working well.

2) Tried to manual scan Transponder 1072 (11895.00, V, DVB-S, QPSK, 27500, 3/4) which contains some of the channels I’m interested in, vu+ found no channel. Tried the same thing with DM800 and it could find all channels available in this transponder (as listed in kingofsat.net).

3) I have also tested with original image (vuplus-image-vusolo2-20130228041135_usb) and BH image (Black Hole v.2.0.1 OE 2) and I have the same symptoms.

4) Tried to set Port B loop to Port A in service searching setup, but could not resolve the problem.

I think I have a hardware or driver problem.

Before returning back the solo2 unit to the supplier for exchange or take another unit like uno, do you see any configuration mistake I have done?

I have a feeling that I bought solo2 too early, do you think I would better buy a more tested unit like uno which has quite good cpu and ram, (not as much as solo2)?. The main reasons why I bought solo2 is because I really liked the hardware features of Solo 2 (2 cores of 1,3 Ghz, 1 Gb/s lan, a lot of RAM) which enables a lot of possibilities like SAN, DLNA server, CRossEpg… without slowing down the unit.

Thanks guys for your help.